The Corroboree
t st tantra

anadenanthera peregrina[?] leaf [in oz]

you may recall a one off report of smoking 2 whole fronds of cebil giving what seemed a fuzzy 5meo effect.

i came across another report of good effects from less than this amt.

a few years back guruna[sp?] nursery was offering colubrina plants.they were different from cebil.

after half a frond produced clear spice type effects a closer look was had at the plant.

small spines only a few mils had recently formed on a plant a little over half a metre high.

t s t .

spikes? i guess it could be a mimosa hostillis and not a colubrina or peregrina.

do the fronds fold down at night time? if so than it's rather a mimosa...do the spikes look like at post 17 (tripis pic) ?

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...c=9763&st=0

but than colubrinas show some type of spikes on the trunks at times, but they are never pointy or sharp and look rather like harmless "bark nipples".

ph,checked about 10 cebils ,2 or3 had just a couple coarse dark projections.also one only had a little hook towards the end of the underside of the leaf blade.

the plant i'm refering to has reddish brown nicely shaped forms coming out from the stem between the leaves.there are also small hooks almost the whole length of the leaf blade underside.

at current state it sits among cebil and looks almost identical until closely inspected.

t s t .

sounds suspiciously like Mimosa pudica or verrucosa.

Nah I know the form that tantra is talking about, Rimbaud sent me one also, it looks quite similar to colubrina until you inspect closer. Maybe a Mimosa I guess, but somehow I doubt it.

My colubrinas close up at night?

sorry i meant to say they dont appear to be thorns, only small now but they seem round and spinelike.

t s t .

also neglected to mention ,i received this plant as tubestock and was amazed at the tuber shaped root . it was actually larger than the 3 or 4 inch plant. a different growing pattern to the cebil but i assume definately anadenanthera ?

have come across a nicely active s american acacia sp ,i've since been told its known to be active.

bioassay of flowers and pods confirm this.

if you are interested in posting bioassay results i have some spare material that includes viable seeds.

t s t .

thought i'd drop a note here that recent cebil leaf bioassays have given different effects at a lower dose. the original testing was on late winter foliage.

a point of uncertainty,i 'd always assumed the nausea from vilca was from bufotenine,or is it something else in the seeds?

t s t .

have come across a nicely active s american acacia sp ,i've since been told its known to be active.

bioassay of flowers and pods confirm this.

if you are interested in posting bioassay results i have some spare material that includes viable seeds.

t s t .

I finally got around to sampling this gem - thanks t st

Wow I have to admit that I was pleseantly surprised. I tried 2 cones of straight leaf & would compare it to MJ. It tastes similar to kiff but smokes stronger.

Nice work t st - I don't spose you know the botanical name of this little wonder?

OPP

try smoking the pods too,after removing the seeds.

yes ,i know its name,i've been shown a site which sells the pods with seeds as an entheogen.

t s t .

sorry for the late report on this Tst!

A 'cigarette' of the leaf was smoked, producing what felt to be definate tryptamine effects. It felt like dmt but not as pronounced and lasted a bit longer. Have not tried the pods yet but the leaf is a winner in my eyes as a possible additive in smoke mixes :drool2:

Thanks heaps Tst and be sure to let us all know the name when your ready :rolleyes: ;)

supply is limited and not under my control,once there is some successful propagation and supply is assured the name will be posted.

spring should be the right time for germination,nick and soak.there were some babies under the tree,,so the seed should be viable.its from the last lot of seed.next seed in a month or so.

have some to spare.

t s t .

Would love some of that seed if available tst?

Thanks.

I would also like some of that seed if you have any spare tst.

cheers, Obtuse

soooo is it Mimosa or Anadenanthera ?

sorry ,its been a thread covering anadenanthera type species and i dropped this one in here, its a south american acacia ,it may be more like anadenanthera than like oz acacia.

the plant in the first post i still believe to be anadenanthera and i purchased it as such,and i'm just saying it seems noticably different to cebil.

the seed i have is from the acacia.

t s t .

so can you clear this up?

i have all 3 of gurunas anadenatheras- and there is definite morphological difference

but are you instead referring to the tree we stood under?

Did we ever settle if this is Acacia aroma var aroma or aroma var hurango? I assume that it's A. aroma var aroma as hurango is a prostrate shrub.

tst's link has A. aroma as being synonymous with A. macrantha, while other sources separate them - again I'm curious as to which one we have as macrantha seems much more likely to be cyanogenic :)http://www.cpbr.gov.au/jmiller/factsheets/Vachellia/macracantha.htm