The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
zamuel

Amazing Fungus video

holy shite, insidious! shrooms fruiting from the brain...

Dirty little Cordyceps bastids.

....and they are in Aus too, not just the pretty rainforest on the video. Alot bigger too.

Awesome video regardless of my disdain for these parasitic fuggers.

that is awesome, really really cool, i wonder if theres simular fungus that attack humans..?

stop wonderin tepa, my brain is full of psilocybe mycelium, i just gotta work out how to fruit myself. :P

that is awesome, really really cool, i wonder if theres simular fungus that attack humans..?

I believe there was an X Files episode in which this idea was explored.

But no, I don't believe that there are any members of the genus Cordyceps that infect humans or anything similar. Mostly yeast.

I believe there was an X Files episode in which this idea was explored.

But no, I don't believe that there are any members of the genus Cordyceps that infect humans or anything similar. Mostly yeast.

there was a great x-files episode where scully and mulder/or that other guy, were trapped underground, hallucinating about different scenarios, while a fungus fed on them

....and they are in Aus too, not just the pretty rainforest on the video. Alot bigger too.

Awesome video regardless of my disdain for these parasitic fuggers.

where in aus?

the footage by the way is from the series "planet earth", it is on in about 10 minutes..

Edited by shroomytoonos

Yeah weird stuff hey, its from a doco on the borneo rainforest, was on TV a couple of weeks ago. Had some interesting footage of a pitcher plant as well, there is like an eco system in each pitcher. Fascinating !

Why the disdain Passive?

Have they taken the lives of some of your most loved invertebrate friends?

where in aus?
Vic, NSW, Qld, SA, Tas. Reasonably common.

cordycepsgunnii.jpg

Have they taken the lives of some of your most loved invertebrate friends?

abantiades_marcidus_02.sized.jpg

My beloved "giant rain moths" or "bardi grub moths".

I used to see hundereds of them when i was kid and I have only seen one in the past few years.

Could be due to the complete lack of "normal" rain patterns, or the insane demand of the grubs for fishing bait, but them dirty lil cordyceps aint helpin things i bet. :P

awesome, Cordyceps gunnii, thought it was a find of yourself passive until i googled, thanks for sharing it :)

lol IMO the biggest #$%^up was white people, I wouldn't imagine the Cordyceps is to blame hehehe Even the most 'disastrous' fungus in the majority of human eyes actually play incredibly vital roles in nature. It's peculiar, society will stress if a mushroom has the ability to level a specific area of natural forest or whatever, but we don't mind doing it ourselves with chainsaws / chains / dozers. :D

I wonder the medicinal / nutritional benefits of a half myceliated moth / ant mmm crunchy, there's bound to be a few clued in wild animals who delve into this feast at optimal times?

I wonder the medicinal / nutritional benefits of a half myceliated moth / ant mmm crunchy, there's bound to be a few clued in wild animals who delve into this feast at optimal times?

Yeah, well i was unaware of the medicinal uses of cordyceps until i was lookin for sum pics of it. Seems the chinese have know of the benifits for some time, suprise, suprise.

Medicinal Cordyceps.

looks as though my hatred was misguided, how could i stay angry with a fungi. :blush:

:wub::shroomer::worship:

Utterly Amazing! The best thing i've seen this year. Thank you so much,man i learnt so much just then.

Truly awesome.

:)

Fascinating video. That is just one of the many reasons nature is such an amazing and important part of our world.

It should be saved and looked after by all so we can all enjoy it's splendour and so can new generations of humans. It is such a shame that many humans are intent upon raping and bleeding the Earth dry of it's resources for mainly unessecary junk.

:(