The Corroboree
Hellonasty

KHAT Wine anyone ?

Is there an enzyme inhibitor that can be spiked into Khat tea to counter the reduction?

ended up emptying about 1/4 bottle of red wine and replacing with chopped young fresh khat leaves, the mixed bottle was then left to steep in the fridge for just over 3 months.

the main problem with khat wine is that the wine itself goes off so how do you actually consume it without tasting aweful, so considered that a lemonade mix might be the way to go, a kind of spritzer i suppose you could call it.

does not taste too bad, has that khat familiar sweet bitterness to it, but its gonna take a fair considerable drink to probably get some effects. was actually feeling real lethargic the day consumed so it was a good way to guage any motor function increase.

4 glasses are consumed over 3 or so hours, around about 300 to 400mls of actual wine, unfortunately it did give a fair bit of acid reflux so it was not the best idea to consume a larger amount, certainly a minor amount of effect was felt which was limited to percieved increase in temperature and some motivational increase in simple things such as housework.

in conclusion whilst khat wine is a novel idea that would make a interesting summer drink, its not really worth the effort for the result. it seems there is no weird scientific miracle that preserves the cathinone in wine and the concoction as suggested by other posters probably in fact only contains cathine.

Edited by santiago

high

have done this quite often, only seen this thread now as not at the computer to often, 50 shoots of a well picked plant soaked in 500 ml of a red wine in the fridge and used within two days does give a mild stimulating effect, not as strong as chewing the same shoots straight after picking though, although non chewers do claim it is quite potent. am trying to :( get a more concentrated result but no joy yet.

high, and lets settle this, have often put leaves and stems in red wine, and in order to get the cathinone effect you have to drink the wine within at least 4 to 5 hrs, i soaked the material in a jug of red wine in the fridge in the pub while i was drinking, and then just before leaving would have the wine and there was definitely a pick me up which was noticeable over the alcohol, if you leave it to soak for weeks all you get is cathine. and quite a mild effect, have been experimenting with this for quite a few years and the result is very consistent, non chewers do report a stronger effect than what i get,

have a good day

• Like 1