The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Greeny

Whats your occupation

Heya all I was just wondering what everone does for a job

I'll start it off. Me I'm a desiel mechanic and I love it. I'm a fan of BIG engines

Full time uni engineering student :unsure: but ive always wanted to do it, and looking for another part time job (Got bored of other one)

Edited by GiR

Science, Majoring in developmental biology of organs and tissues, or microbiology. Not too sure yet :lol: :lol:

Edited by tepa

On the Rock & Roll, but someone has to keep u lot in a job

I run a business, we focus on cleaning all the bird shit out of peoples cuckoo clocks.

Edited by Shiva

I run a business, we focus on cleaning all the bird shit out of peoples cuckoo clocks.

ha

Guest Warrioe-Sage

Prophet, Oracle, Warrioe and Sage.

Prophet, Oracle, Warrioe and Sage.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think thats more of a hobby...

Studied BioPhysics & Biochem (+ a bit of Molecular Biol & Micro Biol) , got a Physics related job, but I don't feel like a Physicist.

More like a beaurocrat. I can push a mean pencil and can dispense the red tape fairly generously.

That barely describes me as a person though but it gives me a good insight into certain aspects of our beloved shared interests.

The hippies think I am too straight & the scientists think i am too hippy.

Im a flower farmer, roses and gerberas...do lots around the place...picking, planting, feed cows amongsnt other things, not many guys work there so i do alot of labouring...also love to make music even thought its its not my job...

Edited by Dodie

The hippies think I am too straight & the scientists think i am too hippy.

I can relate to that!

Professional Student and centrelink depedant.

Nearing the end of my engineering degree, where afterwards I shall go forth and rape the earth for it's minerals for a couple of years to make some mad coin.

My part time job at the moment is an animal technician

-bumpy

Generally there are only two kinds of salesmen that go into commission only work....

1) absolute guns, and

2) the salesmen that have failed at everything else.

I fall into the tiny third category - working for the family business.

ALOT of pressure and stress. Great pay tho... less than part-time hours, full-time money. Thats commission only work for you. :lol:

Its driving me nuts, as it's just assumed that I'll take over one day. Most of the business rides on my work now, as the old man doesn't like advertising. You could call it "direct marketing", but I call it door-knocking. I drum up leads for the sales rep.

Its really quite hard to stay motivated when I'll get only a couple of people an hour that don't say "not interested." I just keep telling myself that the next house might be 300+ bucks! I do have to toot my own horn, and say that in my 10 hours a week, I make more than anyone else canvassing in the same industry (Roof Restoration). Modern Roofing have teams, with team-leaders, that go out for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. They have a massive staff turnover aswell. I've nearly quit a couple of times, but I realise how important it is to my family that I keep going.

Doesn't help that I twisted my bad ankle last night. I'll be out of action for atleast the first half of the week - this puts a big strain on family life. :unsure:

Public servant... Come on - what else is worth doing in Canberra? :P Good dosh, (most goes straight to the Man, and the family...), easy-ish work and nice environment. But I have done a couple trade-based jobs, cabinet making, gardening, upholstering, kitchen hand, sales assistant, etc. All in the last 4 or so years - now I'm pretty settled where I am, so I hope I can set my roots here and absorb a few $ then find something with a more science based setup later on...

Public servant... Come on - what else is worth doing in Canberra? :P Good dosh, (most goes straight to the Man, and the family...), easy-ish work and nice environment. But I have done a couple trade-based jobs, cabinet making, gardening, upholstering, kitchen hand, sales assistant, etc. All in the last 4 or so years - now I'm pretty settled where I am, so I hope I can set my roots here and absorb a few $ then find something with a more science based setup later on...

with the amount of time u spend on the forum ace... it doesnt actually surprise me that you are a public servant. LOL :)

with the amount of time u spend on the forum ace... it doesnt actually surprise me that you are a public servant. LOL :)

LOL - I knew it was inevitable I'd cop that :P Haha - it is true, if I'm not in a meeting, I'm on the net keeping you lot entertained :P

I work in a mushroom farm, my role is 'post-harvest' but the shroom-pickers all call me a 'box-boy'. Essentially, I do all the non-technical dirty work around the place. Mainly the manouvering of boxes.

Menial labour kicks ass over my old office job! :)

Edited by Benzito

I soak myself in sugary milk and bash my head with stainless steel pipes. R & D in Ice Cream.

Anaimal worker / Custodian.

Shit work good hours & money, beats working with people.

Other than that i basicly just exist trying to disturb as little as possible.

Anaimal worker / Custodian.

Does that mean you just clean out the shit in their cages?

That's all I do, but I do it for lab animals, so I get the title of animal technician. It makes me sound a lot more important at parties and stuff :)

-bumpy

That's all I do, but I do it for lab animals, so I get the title of animal technician. It makes me sound a lot more important at parties and stuff :)

-bumpy

i do that also, except I just sneak into the zoo at night...hmmm faecal matter hmmmm

-bumpy

Basicly yes.

Not proud of it but it pays the bills.

Plus i don't have to deal with joe public, just animals great and small.

i do that also, except I just sneak into the zoo at night...hmmm faecal matter hmmmm

Can you get me some elephant poo?