The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
XipeTotec

Can anyone ID this Trich

Question

Hi, is anyone able to ID this trich cutting...Any help is much appreciated. Thankyou in advance

post-2407-1172104140_thumb.jpg

post-2407-1172104188_thumb.jpg

post-2407-1172104302_thumb.jpg

post-2407-1172104351_thumb.jpg

23 answers to this question

T.spachianus aka golden torch, very hardy and fast

*edited spellling*

Edited by Conan Troutman

I know these can be used for grafting due to their rapid growth rate, but do they have any other uses? I got one at home (about 2 foot tall) that isnt doing much other than growing (go figure :P) - Perhaps I could put it to better use?

I have heard anecdotal evidence of ingestion. Although it contains little to no mescaline.

I have heard anecdotal evidence of ingestion. Although it contains little to no mescaline.

I have heard of some gnomes partaking of this sacred cactus with great success, it contained mescaline, and a variety of other alkaloids making for a potent cosmic cocktail launching them into infinity and beyond. Highly recommended sacred cactus, both for its rapid growth and medicinal aspects.

So how much fuel is needed?

2 to 4 feet of cosmic rocket fuel is needed for a moderate - strong experience, will vary from person to person obviously, beautiful experience, well worth the effort.

2 to 4 feet of cosmic rocket fuel is needed for a moderate - strong experience, will vary from person to person obviously, beautiful experience, well worth the effort.

I wish you would elaborate? how would you define the effects? phenethyl like or something else?

Just a little bit further please... :P

i'm pretty interested in hearing about the psychoactivity of T. spachianus!

i've read alot of differing and confusing reports.

can you verify that you know a gnome who has firsthand experience!?

i'm pretty interested in hearing about the psychoactivity of T. spachianus!

i've read alot of differing and confusing reports.

can you verify that you know a gnome who has firsthand experience!?

I know a gnome. He would tell you that the experience was akin to travelling through astral realms, very dreamy, very lucid at times, but characterised by an other wordliness, similar to some san pedro experiences but quite different at the same time, feels like cactus is the best way to describe it, a really trippy cactus.

Dreamlike quality is the most distinguishing feature to the experience, leaving you with a crystaline clarity in the peak following the come up and the proceeding afterglow, similar to san pedro, less intellectual/mind trip, more body high/experience, but moderately stimulating in these areas, would attribute this to the reported less favourable alkaloid profile of the cactus.

Is it true that the journey takes about 4 hours?

The journey lasts about 7 - 8 hours, with a large dose, with a 10 - 12 hour afterglow similar to other cactus, or so my gnome tells me, he would speculate that at the levels most people dose on for any given cactus that it would be common for their journies to last only 4 - 6 hours, as my gnome friend tells me he likes big doses, usually two to three times what the average cactus user would measure out as a dose, this would be due to his close connection to the cactus and his zest for adventures of the cosmic kind.

Damn!

2 to 4 feet of cactus. :unsure:

Thats an awefull lot of cactus considering 15cm of pach is considered a dosage.

I know each cactus is different... but damn! 2 to 4 feet!

Damn!

2 to 4 feet of cactus. :unsure:

Thats an awefull lot of cactus considering 15cm of pach is considered a dosage.

I know each cactus is different... but damn! 2 to 4 feet!

Yes it is a lot of cactus, but it's well worth when you eat so much, or so i've heard. 15cm of pach is not what i would consider a dose, i would consider it half a dose, a barely threshold experience, assuming we are of course referring to the so called backberg clone of trichocereus pachanoi, 15cm of which isn't gonna do much unless it's 50 years old and shade grown, then it'll be quite a nice experience, i'm sure. :wink: :wink: Were it of course one of the real trichocereus pachanoi's then yes 15cm could be considered a dosage, but that's because the real pachanoi is a whole fuck load stronger than the backberg clone.

I would say it's not uncommon for people to eat 2 to 4 feet of pachanoi in a sitting, so why so much surprise that you'd eat just as much spachianus to achieve the desired effects? :huh: :huh: :lol: :lol:

Yet more questions.;)

Are there the same nausea issues and did you do the usual 8hr chop & simmer thing(shorter with pressure cookers).

Yet more questions.;)

Are there the same nausea issues and did you do the usual 8hr chop & simmer thing(shorter with pressure cookers).

He says, yes, and yes.

HSP,

Its uncommon for me to eat any amount of cactus. :) From memory I can recall several texts implying 15cm is a dosage for pach. Though I suppose 1 panadol tablet is considdered a dosage as well, usually have to have more than 1 though. Same principal. Like the majority of ethno's everyones tolerance to them differs I guess.

Not much up on the cactus strains, potency etc. With time I guess my widom shall increase hehe.

My last post was just expressing my shock at the large amount of cactus. I'm used to seeing the standardised recommended dosages not one recommended by a veteran cactus juice lover such as your friend. :lol:

Thanks for pointing out the differences with pach. Up till now I thought a pach was a pach.

Care to share a length of the "real deal" pach? Would very much like to grow some for my collection etc etc :wink:

HSP,

Its uncommon for me to eat any amount of cactus. :) From memory I can recall several texts implying 15cm is a dosage for pach. Though I suppose 1 panadol tablet is considdered a dosage as well, usually have to have more than 1 though. Same principal. Like the majority of ethno's everyones tolerance to them differs I guess.

Not much up on the cactus strains, potency etc. With time I guess my widom shall increase hehe.

My last post was just expressing my shock at the large amount of cactus. I'm used to seeing the standardised recommended dosages not one recommended by a veteran cactus juice lover such as your friend. :lol:

Thanks for pointing out the differences with pach. Up till now I thought a pach was a pach.

Care to share a length of the "real deal" pach? Would very much like to grow some for my collection etc etc :wink:

Harry,

That is very true with dosage guidelines, one dose is never enough, two is always a good start, hehe, three or four, now that's where the real excitement begins, hehe. :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

I may have a small section of pach i could arrange, but i am low on spare stock of it to trade atm, so it'd have to be something pretty tantalising on offer. Let me know, drop me a pm if you'd like, cheers.

Peace.

back to the trich spachianus!

this is real interesting to me as i've heard so much debate about it's psychoactivity!

it's pretty good to have a gnome with first hand experience with it.

anyone out there know anyone else with first hand experience?

i've just aquired some cuttings and just want to know if they're worth feeling extra affectionate towards.

interestingly, the fruit on this cutting kept growing and split. I consumed... very tasty :)

Shroomy, it was probably full of viable seed - did you notice/keep any?

Shroomy, it was probably full of viable seed - did you notice/keep any?

yeah... there was seed, i left a bit on it... so they should still be there.... was just thinking of planting as we speak.... are u interested in a few if I can salvage them?

Yeah, definately! I did the same thing with a dragon fruit a couple weeks/months back - seedlings popped up very fast and are very happy (though they look more like regular seedlings, not cacti - anyone else noticed this with dragonfruit?). I have a few more we might be able to trade if you are interested :)

I just picked them out of the fruit and dried them on a paper towel - ready for planting a day or two later (think I left em for about a fortnight though, due to lack of time/space). Have a shot at salvaging what you can and see if they come up viable :lol: