The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Sydney Meet

hey sydney siders, hope you dont mind a melbournian dropping in?

im going to be in NSW doing some walking in the blue mountains over next two weeks and may be in sydney on the next couple of weekends.

i promise not to refer to melbourne in any way, you'll spot me as i'l be the one covered in sydney paraphernalia trying to fit in!

hope to see you there but dependendent on the weekend chosen.

if not, have a blast

endo

that would be sweet

hey didnt i meet you at EGA last year?

wouldnt have been me amulte, unfortunatly wasnt at EGA last year only due to the fact that i didnt know it exsisited then, am still quite the rookie but working on blossoming out of that pod. am definetly going to be at this years EGA in otways. maybe youve come back from the future? :lol:

hope to see you in sydney.

Sounds good to me

10th is good for me. looking foreward to seeing everyone again, and hopefully some new faces too!

I wouldn't bother with two meets, the second one will suck.

If I can't make it, I can't make it. It's all good..... :)

So what's the progress with this meet? Is it definately happening on the 10th of March? If so what is the meet up time and which part of Hyde Park is the spot, as there is two sections of the park with a road seperating them? I'm just assuming it's the fountain side, but would to get a bit more info as this in like 3 days time.

Hey all, looks like my shiftage for this w/e has been extended even further, not gonna be able to make this one!

...and it's my birthday the next day (I forgot, the older you get the less important/memorable) and my family are throwing a party so I am pulling out too.

Dang! So is anyone going to be coming along? Or is it going to be another time, probably better doing it another time if apoth isn't coming along, but if other people are turning up let me know and I will mosey on in to the city.

i cant make the 10th :( weekend after is good tho LOL

but im always like that of late :BANGHEAD2:

Hey guys

If a true newb to this community can tag along and meet some new friends. Id love to come if it is still happening at some time. Only fairly new to all this stuff but have been reading a lot on here.

Well guys let me know

goldfinger

Looks like it has been cancelled for now goldfinger, am sure another one will be organised soon. I hope so, I am pretty keen to meet some of you guys and gals.

:)

all noobs are welcome and encouraged ;) we were all noobs at some stage.

and hell yeah we all gotta stop being so busy :BANGHEAD2:

all noobs are welcome and encouraged ;) we were all noobs at some stage.

and hell yeah we all gotta stop being so busy :BANGHEAD2:

Yeh I'm starting to get serious with my band - rehearsals twice a week, incl saturday days! :BANGHEAD2:

Good to know

will be along when next one gets planned. ive got all the time in the world at the moment.

goldfinger

Why not 7th April?

That sounds like an awesome date Benzito! (said in voice different to my own)

That is the next Saturday I have off work. :(

Well, after all that assing about, can we make it the 7th of April?

It's only half a month notice now, but hopefully people can free themselves up?

hehe another off week for me but if this date suits the others ill make sure i save the $$.

this has been LONG overdue LOL let do it!

If you and I can make it work Amulte, along with our special ladies, then who cares who else can make it? :lol:

Most likely I can make it :wink::):lol:

Hmm, 7 April eh? I wont be able to trek all the way down to the VIC meet, but this one almost seems do-able - will have to talk it over with the missus - are families allowed to join, or is it preferable that only online folks come?

So whats the agenda when/if we get there? Have a wander thru the Botanic Gardens and have a lunch sort of thing? Just a get to know everyone sort of gathering? Maybe a good time to bring along some stuff for trades? Legal, of course - thinking along the lines of some cacti and such :)

If we can get a date set with a few locals giving a definate yes, then I will sweet talk the missus into letting me run away or drag her along :lol: Would be a bit of a drive up - is this going to be an all dayer, or just a few short hrs? I might have to see if I can crash in a motel over the friday night and head back late sat...

Thats if I can get up there :P

Thoughts?

Ace, we would love to have you along!

I have created a calendar event, for 7th April, it's a definite go-ahead for me. Meet @ Midday near the RBGS, I will chose a good spot. :)

Your 'missus', whatever that is, would be more than welcome. :wink:

I bring my partner, Amulte brings his, Chemikazi brings his aswell.

It's all about the love man. There's no rigid rules or anything, we just meet up, wander through the gardens as a bunch of friends and then do whatever people want to do. Trading happens, definitely. Give-aways happen too. :)

We sometimes go for dinner, or drinks. I will hang out from midday until however late in the evening people want to go.

The first meet I went to ran from midday to midnight. Kat(my partner) & I missed the last train back home and had to get the nightride bus! It sucked, but it was worth it! :lol:

It's always an awesome day out, look forward to seeing you all there.

Edited by Benzito

I will be there. I am working 7pm-7am on the 6th and 7am-7pm on the 8th, so my time will be short, but I will be there!

If I can organise the correct form of transport, then I will be giving away lots of T. pachanoi/peru/macro stumps.

7th is good, count me in.

the gardens should be looking good after all that summer growth and recent rain, jungle style :drool2: