The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Sydney Meet

Looks like people really want another one.

I'm awful busy these days and uni is about to start, but I still can't deny a chance to meet up with the crew of awesomeness! :lol:

Usual time and place, if you have an idea for something different/interesting we can do then post here!

I got someone to cover my nightshift on the 3rd, so am free on the days of the 3rd and 4th. Also free for the afternoon of the 10th.

Might be free on the 25th.

However y'all feel about it. Let me know and I'll contact Bacchus if he's still in Sydney!

Yaaayyyy a Sydney meet.

I am keen to meet some Sydney siders (well anyone really).

I can be free on the 3rd or 4th...............and the 25th aswell so I will keep tabs on this thread.

So what do guys usually do.....Botanic Gardens, Bar Crawl, Quick spliff in the park????

I'm in!

Cheers................Bongchitis

Yeah usually meet at Hyde Park stroll through the Domain up to RBGS and hang around there for a while checking out whats in flower/seed etc etc etc.

i'd love to meet some of you guys!

d'you have to be old timers or can low posters be privy to?

x peace chickens

Good work Apo! I'd love another meet.

Can I just ask; you don't mind other people 'creating' a Sydney meet if they want to, do you?

Sometime I feel like taking the lead and organising one, but it's always kinda been your domain. Probably only because you are the most motivated, and least social-phobic Sydney-sider on here, but either way, it has always seemed like you were our unspoken 'leader'. :)

Anyways I'll check my roster at work tomorrow, Saturday, and let you know the next weekend I'm available. It may be a month or so away yet....

Watch this space!

edit: Oh yeah, Husk. Anyone is welcome to one of our meets. Nothing illegal goes on, so we have nothing to hide. The only way you'll become an 'old timer' is by getting to know peeps. :wink:

Edited by Benzito

Nah I'm totally down for anyone organising meetage.

I'm no leader, but like you said, nobody else is willing to get off their ass to do it, and I love y'all too much to not organise!

I have been far too busy this past week to put any thought into organising anything of any kind, but I promise once my last shift is over tomorrow I'll be back on the forums with a vengenance.

So how we feeling about a meet next weekend? Or is it gonna have to be the weekend after that?

hate to be a prick but isnt it mardigra weekend? 3rd-4th?

last year we had a meet mardigra weekend, was a bitch to get round the city.

im easy either way tho

I'm keen to meets some new faces and have some new faces meet me...

I have been wanting to get to the botanical gardens for some time.. :)

week after? march 10/11?

anyone going in the parade next wend?

x

hate to be a prick but isnt it mardigra weekend? 3rd-4th?

last year we had a meet mardigra weekend, was a bitch to get round the city.

im easy either way tho

Nah good point A, nothin worse than having a meet when it's crowded as hell in the city.

So when is it? I'd like to join in if I may? [if I feel up to a social thing at the time, not that good in these situations :blush:, I went to a meet out west in 2003 had to leave though. Am keen to meet some people who are actually interested in similiar things to what I am interested in, my plant love has been piqued recently again, after quite a while of doing other stuff.

So if there is a date set? Will try and make it

Thanks

Edited by tonic

Yeah, I'm interested in coming along and a date after the Mardi Gras suits better.

And a note to the first-timers: Take the plunge and come along! I was a bit nervous about coming to my first one a year ago, but it really is the best way to get to know the interesting and eclectic people here.

I would be sweet for the weekend after mardi-gras.................or the 25th March.

I can turn up the afternoon of the 10th, but after that I'm not sure yet. Will check the work roster on Wed.

I think i'd like to turn up! Maybe inspire some other newbies like myself to rock up aswell.

Mardi Gras, and the weekend after that are no good for me. Anything else is fine.

What is the normal plan with the meet? What happens? Just to give us newbs an idea.

Why not 7th April?

That sounds like an awesome date Benzito! (said in voice different to my own)

That is the next Saturday I have off work. :(

thats ages away Benzito!! :wacko:

Probably a good idea though tonic. It usually takes us about that long ahead anyway to figure out a date everyone is comfortable with.

Last meet we organised I put up the notice for a month and a half before :wink:

Not a problem

hey sydney siders, hope you dont mind a melbournian dropping in?

im going to be in NSW doing some walking in the blue mountains over next two weeks and may be in sydney on the next couple of weekends.

i promise not to refer to melbourne in any way, you'll spot me as i'l be the one covered in sydney paraphernalia trying to fit in!

hope to see you there but dependendent on the weekend chosen.

if not, have a blast

endo

hey sydney siders, hope you dont mind a melbournian dropping in?

im going to be in NSW doing some walking in the blue mountains over next two weeks and may be in sydney on the next couple of weekends.

i promise not to refer to melbourne in any way, you'll spot me as i'l be the one covered in sydney paraphernalia trying to fit in!

hope to see you there but dependendent on the weekend chosen.

if not, have a blast

endo

Nah, no mexicans allowed...

Just jokes baby! Its all good! :worship: