The Corroboree
blip

Edited by lsdreamz

Wow dude - I hope your computer desk is nice and sterile :P

Yeah they arent the bst pics, but it seems to be all good. It'll be much easier to tell when you case it if its a nasty. I recently got a bit of cobweb mould on a verm/BRF cake cased with 50:50 verm/peat moss. Looks like little whispy cobwebs above the casing... You'll be able to tell the difference I'm sure. Normal myc looks like a nice fluffy white - not whispy strands.

Also, smell it - if its similar to what a storebought mushie smells like - you're fine. If it smells fruity, musty or anything other than shroomy, you'll know its a contam.

Hope that helps :P

Ace

yah looks pretty myc-ish to me. What's all the brownish bits? Uncolonised? Myc whizz??

hehe just take a step back from the cake when taking pictures, it's focusing on the background :)

What's all the brownish bits?

My guess would be the vermiculite in the cake...?

It looks all good to me.

Are you going to crumble the cake up and case it? or fruit direct from the cake?

In my limited experience, the casing seems to work much better.

:shroomer:

Go the Casing!! 50:50 verm:peat moss is the best bet! Results almost guaranteed to satisfy :) Plenty of edibles for salads/BBQs/grilling/blue honey... wait, scratch that last one :P lol

Edited by lsdreamz

Nice job on the schooner glass tek :wink:

I take it this is a brf/verm cake?

You can do straight rice cakes the same way too and they'll fruit straight from the cake.I feel the extra water held in the rice helps with weight but not necessarily to the tastiness :wink:

You can also get greater yields by crumbling the cake/s and spawning to pasteurised straw into small(300x150x100mm)black plastic tubs($2.50 each at warehouse type cheap-shops).

Alternatively straight casing into aluminium lasagne trays works great!

(verm dressing right up to the lid :wink: )

With the tub method, you do need to top dress each case with dry verm,cover with foil and incubate again...yeah it takes another week or two to colonise the straw but the yield increases dramatically due to the fact that you have more casings and the added fuel of the cellulite from the straw.

My favourite teks :lol:

Edited by mescalito

cellulite[/b] from the straw.

Cellulite? :huh:

Man straw must make for some FAT mushies...

Cellulite? :huh:

Man straw must make for some FAT mushies...

Bahahaha!! PMSL! :P Imagine the bums on em lol

HEHE....ahem Cellulose :P

Edited by lsdreamz

Something I have found when fruiting form cakes is to wait until you start to see some pin formation through nthe glass before you birth the cake, that way your exposing it to the outside environment for the minimum ammount of time.

man i'd do anything to have ago at this...

i'am leaving for south america at the end of may... how soon would i have to start to get a yield before then?

apologies for hijack :innocent_n:

x peace

man i'd do anything to have ago at this...

i'am leaving for south america at the end of may... how soon would i have to start to get a yield before then?

apologies for hijack :innocent_n:

x peace

Definitely time for a first flush, if you knew what you were doing but probably not for your first grow.