The Corroboree
Hagakure

Youtube vids

would you say the same if you worked in a job where you were forced to deal with the consequences of retard hoon drivers ? ie innocent people getting iether killed or injured? i don't endorse what they did there, but i doubt there was any permanent injury, and i doubt that fella will re offend any time soon

Edited by bulls on parade

Yes. Police officers have a lot of power and if they have greater protection from violence than civilians (which they do) then they also need to be held to a higher standard of ethics.

• Like 2

i think that depends on what you determine the nature of power to be. their behavior is legislated to a much greater extent than the everyday citizen, in many instances the police have less power than everyday people, meaning they are held to a higher standard of ethics. i don't condone what's happening in that video, but there's 2 sides to the story. a section 10 with no conviction registered upon good behaviour for a certain period is a common outcome for incidents involving 'hoon driving' offences. which is fuck all, and the police know that, and they know the seriousness of what that person has done. what's worse, a useless deterrent which lets offenders laugh at the punnishment and continue to offend, or a bit of a beatdown to say pull your head in?

Food for thought :) but we probably should avoid a lengthy discussion in the youtube thread

• Like 1

real deal yo.....

Edited by qualia
  • Like 1

^^^ awesome. A Dumbledore spin-off.

fuck, how much would it cost to set something like that up?

fun to watch still though

He has the same setup for halloween and Christmas 2010 and 2011, so at least it's not all for one production. Looks like a program does the lights too, he has several songs set up in Halloween 2010, would be monumental effort to do them manually.

Likelyhood is, he works in sound and lighting crews, and got most of the stuff for drastically reduced prices. Very nice show.

yeah,the actual brain i don't think would be that hard to program, using dmx or whatever off the shelf software + laptop you could use. just thinking about the hardware, expensive, must be important to them to show off like that. gotta beat the joneses, after all.

• Like 2

• Like 3

Yeah, both those house light shows are awesome. Particularly liked the first one, but it would have been even better seeing it happen in real time. I remember around this time last year the town hall in Sydney had a similar (albeit nowhere near as spectacular) projection thing going on. Was very cool.

And while I'm speaking of Sydney, here's a Sydney guy making pretty cool tunes. Not sure how seriously he's taking himself, but I'm digging it nonetheless.

from the 2008 total eclipse festival in the mountains of Russia

...now thats the life!
  • Like 3

^^ Love the balloon to the face.

• Like 1