The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dogbane23

Looking for Tabernaemontana orientalis seeds

I have been looking for Tabernaemontana orientalis seeds for a long time now but am still unable to find any.

This species of course isnt very common outside of Australia compared to other Tabernaemontanas such as T. divaricata which is a common ornamental/ fragrant garden plant cultivated in the USA.

Darcy from Bushforums and I think who also runs Herbalistics has said she knows of a location where they can be found but it is too far for her to travel to.

Torsten has pics of T. orientalis posted here on Shaman-Australis so Id assume he should have access to live plants/seeds if he took the pics?

Why doesn't anyone offer this species?

I know it contains interesting chemicals similar to Tabernanthe iboga.

our plants keep dying. they don't like our soils and it's also a bit cold for them here.

our plants keep dying. they don't like our soils and it's also a bit cold for them here.

So you must be in a colder part of Australia and also probably where it is desert like?

From maps ive seen of OZ, only a small part is tropical rainforest, while alot of it is indeed desert.

I guess Australia has a little of every biome.

Its hard to imagine such a small continent which is also an island can have alot of continental climate effects as much as we do here in the USA which has Canada to the north which can sometimes influence our weather even in areas as far south as Texas.

we're subtropical and on clay soils. most easterly point of mainland australia.

This species likes tropical climate and grows along the beach (ie sand).