The Corroboree
spiders

How private are pms?

And here I thought you were going to accuse me of reading that PM you CC'ed to me and then claimed i obtained it by some other way because you forgotten you cc'ed it to me. This one is even dumber and I expect and immediate apology.

'One mind' pm'ed me immediately after he sent you that PM. We were having an ongoing discussion and he was trying to push my buttons by sending you that PM. So for immediate impact he sent me a copy of it. The button pushing worked and I suspended him.

Nice to know what you think of me. The feeling is mutual. :wave-finger:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1

As far as legal issues goes, it's best I am completely oblivious.

Legal... when have legal issues ever truly stopped the validity of entertainment?

It is actually possible to send encrypted messages on forums and Personal Messages by using PGP (or the free GnuPG / GPG).

I can start a thread to help people become secure if they are interested.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (Darwin)

Comment: Generated by Gpg Tools - http://www.tomsci.com/gpgtools

iD8DBQFFwfXjyNjolBkHTjIRAhxyAJ0fFAm1dW4GA9VKyhdBd8vFCU8E9QCgml8Z

1Y+gyF7C0s3onxpUes8sg4Y=

=avLj

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Edited by ~username

*ahem* the 'inadvertant PM' you speak of was in fact a deliberate series of messages intended for the recipient(s), with the other party (supposedly) clearly shown as copied recipients. How was I to know that the receipting party doesn't see the 'CC" field.

But anyway, back to the point. Are you suggesting that onemind, after causing so much grief that you banned him, had it within himself to foreward his message (to me), right to you, and ask for repentance ? He was abusing me for the sole purpose of annoying you, pushin' those dang buttons ? Fuck, he is truly evil.

I've been open to variants on that (or any) situation, although didn't expect such a complex plot. I *did* question in my earlier post the matter:

communication from admin was obviosly misunderstood by me?

Clearly it was. I apologise for the conclusion I so wrongly jumped to. Am I forgiven ?

Here is an example of an encrypted post and how it would appear to everyone except the intended person who decrypts it on their own machine...

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (Darwin)

Comment: Generated by Gpg Tools - http://www.tomsci.com/gpgtools

hQQOA2jBjmYGfBjKEBAAuayDzKQc5G9g/Oa9U+78UjtLsgtn8GGQMcDevhZd1/dr

pd9XTEhUF/FdX0JWkwSCn6c57Kw1xiITou2HSwu32p6jmkVOuSid8WtivTpgM8EO

J/csBiWj1lEc/3D1or5l49ZnKW7nA7CwpZvKKN1qJPFUE+6B8xKxGIxJsuHsoTk4

EOHiyBViNikNMXanBsQy7tUz417kmudGUZxmC27getLPczSYCw8X+lh0TPHI/YMZ

7DBGSIH0UkX8LP5TuQbhKDbuCgzs0+8T13+Wfn67CuAa5M4SZBICeKS2UJAl2cnW

YnMXZihlaHNZPpA5F4/O4HFJ1gdWdfZxw0w6i8JBevqsbXWjdphvJo4PVsPedjcb

5uASi/zf6+p1ULeLsNWD2EzAt39vTNymT3yN2J96IZ1eYnwWw5nQbQtLaHt1dkia

Coz3GiujioKXeRiJhdP+hO5T4C8EssUenOBUCQESocuUHlzdPbbTMR5a/7slf/PO

zVAiTeNN5VG+tfvH/f6HzEOdniL1undHt3iQ42ifyMSYLW11zhGWXDYHeotxQD/U

yr/Z92VL30tjnQFK/c4590fcntDSnUZHACoZCfFT8tCUIIzYV/VXSyWkeg0NJ8dA

kMSn8u6KzFuehTM9EmxD/AG4fGijeEyIVvMpV3if6UDPnVCbJpplq5OxYDdzLhIP

/igxUiY4jPkhjRk5LCN3pK9S9wCi2pHEtkwcQ+nUqB8u4YBo2ZoUpoDxx+vw3lyM

nMtrrjgfWjcL4UgsDegqWDXpPtpLX6x9MLzStl9jaHcKB4YeIGuCVJlRF5LwekGb

uOFrWvGutxMV5ZPebVMSjvld1Mxb1BOeOT5BT6DkxmUCcreWL7EgzAjlPjQVgyGx

XxgzVwBmxeI3fnSVTRshjr70AmG1f9DC+e4PS523PfWvvwxiw30bFU1KrbjmC60O

oiN0xXyxAAXpD7pTHwtzDxT+js5SzCn2foU0Jkoptocg7n5q5eSgvLx7STeavb9e

r2bGWS275K6Abbl5esBoWnq3+BqMI5cMEI9R298ofupUoOnUiu14uEKmWKb7gTyC

V5G+FUc/Wck73xveeo20jlXm9RGORv268AZPXZScTW3oRcVT+ko79SIbOjZkqvBp

q8mqEKxi1y0lvo6JlpfCLQQfE+3vOSha98jyR/nybbZoTvxVQSxu6dKzDgoGqedJ

irIpJI9Xl4MeQ/qDS7dyUoCsYTqdwNU00OuBCqsz4ExiqL3ly7hA6pcWDPYb1ClJ

UGwzGaSMdFRamuS1R9IWt03F6gveoeXNSXBzK6dvyzciUfv7B6/qxjHGh8L3fF1f

QEY/I06VMsoiIO0uGQkpxz/LS9wkx8rOFYwa4thRObaQ0loBlRqlfKhNVCIkAb1k

P4AzxGUIgpbqWGE1UBWQMCGzu+BwJdzGG3gPJbHB+9WcENCwsbnxttV5WjF76kcB

hKTl+G6U1obJg/thYKwT2VhB78Drxmpy8RXR2wI=

=qlb/

-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

But anyway, back to the point. Are you suggesting that onemind, after causing so much grief that you banned him, had it within himself to foreward his message (to me), right to you, and ask for repentance ? He was abusing me for the sole purpose of annoying you, pushin' those dang buttons ? Fuck, he is truly evil.

No, I am suggesting that he felt that he was being treated unfairly and that if I wasn't going to ban any of the other protagonists in that drama then at least he was going to tell you what he thought of you.

I've been open to variants on that (or any) situation, although didn't expect such a complex plot.

It's not complex. You are just too self absorbed to see variations to the plot that do not feature you as the centre of attention.

I apologise for the conclusion I so wrongly jumped to. Am I forgiven ?

Fuck no. Anyone who thinks so low of me is of no interest to me.

Normally I might consider it if there was true remorse for any damage that you may have caused, but in your case I know this is not possible. Firstly because you do not believe in editing [no matter how slanderous your initial statement might be it seems]. Secondly because I think that your opinion of me would always foster similar assumptions and I don't need such low life shit in my surroundings.

turd.png

I'm hurt. And I'm frightened by what might be perceived as personal abuse within your thread. Mods, clean this up. If not, grandma will just come along and lock the thread.

I don't need such low life shit in my surroundings

Would you be comfortable in banning me, Torsten ? Go for your life if you feel that my general demeanour, albiet non-racist, non-sexist, non-illegal, non-name calling (mostly!), non-patriotic, offends some delicate elements of this ever-inclusive club of power-posters. The plug-chain rests in your big, manly palms. Give me 48 hours head-up though, eh, I'll have to pull a couple of details off my PM's to fulfil some promises of stuff. Let me know, big daddy.

I'm hurt. And I'm frightened by what might be perceived as personal abuse within your thread. Mods, clean this up.

By not respecting other people's right to be respected and not have to deal with your abuse, you automatically forfeit your right for such protection. This is why so many of your nasty threads are difficult to moderate as you have the knack for making yourself look innocent while getting the other side wound up. But you fucked up this time. You made an unfounded accusation without doing your research and without giving your target [me] a chance to explain before you try and blacken my name. This thread clearly shows that you have no respect for other people and that a major purpose for your existence on this forum is to piss people off.

Would you be comfortable in banning me, Torsten ? Go for your life if you feel that my general demeanour, albiet non-racist, non-sexist, non-illegal, non-name calling (mostly!), non-patriotic, offends some delicate elements of this ever-inclusive club of power-posters.

Yes, I have no problem banning you. You've provided plenty of broken rules for that and not enough constructive posts to counteract the negative impression. I think this thread quite clearly shows your character and your manipulative nature. Many members have seen through your facade. From the feedback I get it seems people around here don't like you, so I don't think there would be much of an outcry if you disappeared. But you're also clever enough to come back in some schizophrenic reincarnation to play the same game again, so I figured we'll just keep you here and make sure you're on a tight leash. I know how much you hate to be edited, but I think the majority of the community is sick of 2 or 3 people constantly creating discord here, so from now on I think you will find your posts much more pleasant .... or missing.

How was I to know that the receipting party doesn't see the 'CC" field.

Because thats what CC is for.

(I believe) It stands for Carbon Copy. If you wanted the recipient of the message to know who else it was sent to then you'd put themm all in the recipient box seperated by commas.

For more than one CC do the same thing. So then all the CC's can see who it was sent to (including the other CC's), and the recipients can only see who else recieved it (they dont know about the CC's).

i may have missed some stuff but i think green 'everyone's up my arse' osiris is otay. i think he may have a weird sense of humour, but i think i might get that as well.

on the issue of pm's, i had a HORRIBLE experience with a php forum admin reading one of my pm's on a natural parenting board. i was a moderator there and had written something to another moderator in regards to no longer being interested in moderating. the admin read the pm, blew it into a huge drama in the forums and the rest is history. so the answer torsten gave pretty much sums it up. be careful what you write on the internet. and in php forums don't ever write anything you don't at least mind the admin and/or mod team having access to.

edit: this is not to suggest torsten has the time or gives two craps what any of us say in pm. this is a generalised statement about how php forums work. <3

Edited by evolutionNth

Because thats what CC is for.

(I believe) It stands for Carbon Copy. If you wanted the recipient of the message to know who else it was sent to then you'd put themm all in the recipient box seperated by commas.

Not true, though. CC addresses are generally visible (haven't tested this here though). BCC is generally what you're thinking of, as in Outlook and other mail apps.

Not true, though. CC addresses are generally visible (haven't tested this here though). BCC is generally what you're thinking of, as in Outlook and other mail apps.

Yeah but there is a "hide" option for CC, i'm assuming this should be working.

Yeah there is some confusion. In normal email...

CC = Carbon Copy - which all the recipients will see.

BCC = Blind Carbon Copy - recipients will not see the people addressed in BCC field, and nor will the BCC'd person find him/herself in the list of recipients anywhere.

Hm I think this is has turned into yet another soap type thread - cmon guys its a community based ethno forum!!

We should be respecting each other and supporting our plant growing hobbies rather than petty arguing, it achieves nothing but negative views on ppl!

Edited by KlUe

I'm not sure who is showing confusion (unless Green Osiris was referring to an email and not a PM), however the PM function we have on this forum is not an email function. Therefore the only option you can use is CC, but you can I guess replicate the BCC email type function by using the hide from other recipients check box.

Just giving what the terms mean for normal email. The forum PM system works differently.

Just giving what the terms mean for normal email. The forum PM system works differently.

Aha u got to it before I edited, wasn't trying to have a go at you, was just clearing up for ppl who didnt know about the hiding CC feature :)

Anyways I think this thread should be ended, too much anger going on here!

By not respecting other people's right to be respected and not have to deal with your abuse, you automatically forfeit your right for such protection. This is why so many of your nasty threads are difficult to moderate as you have the knack for making yourself look innocent while getting the other side wound up.

Unless edited by parties beyond my control, all posts are clearly available for each reader to make a judgement. I strive for neither innocence nor guilt, rather I open myself an opinions to the world, sharing my most intimate thoughts. This is *ME*. So in essence then, you are making a personal statement against the very core of my existence as a human being. That might well be considered the most scathing abuse one can dole out to another.

But you fucked up this time. You made an unfounded accusation without doing your research and without giving your target [me] a chance to explain before you try and blacken my name.

This is akin to two people in an elevator who smell a fart, each one looking accusingly to the other, but both parties well aware of what transpired.

This thread clearly shows that you have no respect for other people and that a major purpose for your existence on this forum is to piss people off.

Unless you’re the one transmitting those radio signals that resonate my iron teeth fillings and fill me with directives on how to act, I suspect that I just may know a little more about the ‘major purpose’ of my existence on this forum.

I have no problem banning you. You've provided plenty of broken rules for that and not enough constructive posts to counteract the negative impression.

So what then shall be the straw to (proverbially speaking) break the camels back ? Starting a thread title “Alan Jones is a cunt”? And are you suggesting that a member wouldn’t be as likely a banning candidate if constructive posts outweighed the others… goodness me - what open ended discretionary powers!

I think this thread quite clearly shows your character and your manipulative nature.

That’s a rich statement.

From the feedback I get it seems people around here don't like you

Indeed, private feedback can be quite an eye opener. It’s just as well you’re so universally respected, and are above reproach from your peers.

But you're also clever enough to come back in some schizophrenic reincarnation to play the same game again,

This pulls the thread subject back to the question of privacy (and how little we can expect in the cyber-world). If, as grand-administrator rights are exercised from time to time, one would assume that it is a ‘person’ being banned, not a ‘username’or ‘login name’. Therefore an attempt by banned parties to re-register as a new entity would be surely circumvented by the administrator examining logged IP’s. Perhaps this was alluded to in the case of Mexicali’s reincarnation/domination of the same-dwelling entity that raised itself as a female cacti trader back in September. Effectively, whilst I admire your nod to my perceived ‘cleverness‘, I doubt that I’d go to so much effort to understand all that IT stuff and return in-cognito.

Note my use of the term ‘perhaps’ in the aforementioned.

so I figured we'll just keep you here and make sure you're on a tight leash.

Aw, shucks, so you’re not banning me after all. It’s always advantageous to personal growth when one man is offered mentorship from another. Despite the alleged non-caring nature expressed by myself, I admire the sacrifices you will be making to enhance my self-development.

know how much you hate to be edited, but I think the majority of the community is sick of 2 or 3 people constantly creating discord here, so from now on I think you will find your posts much more pleasant .... or missing.

So I won’t need to question my sanity if I come across one of my posts that talks about raindrops, lollipops, roses & fairy floss - nor ask myself ’did I *really* write that fluff’ ? For I’ll know it’s been prettied up by the social decorators of this big happy family room.

i may have missed some stuff but i think green 'everyone's up my arse' osiris is otay. i think he may have a weird sense of humour, but i think i might get that as well.

Careful there Missy, or you'll be hauled before the tribunal for the crime of association.

Careful there Missy, or you'll be hauled before the tribunal for the crime of association.

well then, we just won't invite the tribunal to the wedding. i've associated with worse in my time. :P did i mention i found $40 floating in the sea today? someone loves me. tribunal, shibunal.

Wa' all'an lill act el emptihan!

ahahahahaha. you'll kill us all!! that's the best laugh i've had all day. there's a line for yowie to use on any of those sexy muslim women he comes across and finds alluring. asalaamu alaikum! wa all'an lil act el emptihan! ahahahahahaha.