The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
amanito

My cat trying to steal my lophophora's

Took some quick pics of my cat trying to steal and eat my lophophora's. Took her away when she wanted to take the first byte.

1. between my cacti:

gallery_875_3_191024.jpg

2. Interested in a psychotria sprout:

gallery_875_3_185764.jpg

3. Licking a smaller lophophora:

gallery_875_3_208479.jpg

4. Starts playing with it ...:

gallery_875_3_158467.jpg

5. and playing ...:

gallery_875_3_145235.jpg

6. Puts it back again:

gallery_875_3_39631.jpg

7. Sniffing ...:

gallery_875_3_44599.jpg

8. I scared her away and she hided between my other plants:

gallery_875_3_138158.jpg

Bad kitty !

Thats a BAD kitty!! I can understand its interest though lol :P You have a very nice collection of lophs - any chance you have a pic with all of them? A couple look like the size of tennis balls!! :drool2:

Ace

Ha, great series of pics!! Nice :)

Yep, ive had this cat loph attraction racket go on before, ended up with the loph coming off second best with quite a few scars from excessive scratching. I believe they are attracted to them somehow for some reason, maybe the domestic version of the caapi intoxicated jaguar?

The sctraching did no damage, just dusted a little sulphur on it. Healed up fine.

Cute cat too!

I have tons of pics to add the following days I'll share. My cat opened a bag of spirulina powder today !!! It was in my closet, she opened the door herself and broke the plastic !! She went straight to the bag and started licking. I never knew cats would like to eat a seaweed working as a natural 'upper'. :blink: . She almost took my kratompowder to!

She hung in my rivea and hwbr too a while ago. :BANGHEAD2:

absolutely adorable kitty you got there!

the brown crap that builds up around their tear ducts is damn annoying though

You know what they say... there's good pussy and bad pussy...

Great pics. I love cats :)

Ah... you don't happen to use kelp emulsion and or blood n bone on your plants do you? I once had a cat drink a cupful of undiluted maxicrop emulsion, and I worked out a while ago that the best way to stop dogs and cats hunting thru garden beds that have been BnB'd is to piss into a bucket of sand, stir like hell, then broadcast that... something about massive displays of urinary power from omnivores plus the scent of rottinng flesh that small mammals find a bit offputting, haha.

That said, any cat I've ever had has been a tripper...whether its eating ants and then huffing fungal myc found underneath wattles and rolling around with big eyes for hours, pulling Panaolus fruit bodies, not yet emerged, out of mulch and doing the same, or eating the same ants and then rubbing their faces in suspiciously ergot looking patches in the longer sections of lawn and then spending the rest of the arvo running for their lives from unseen fiends and attempting to fly after birds... they just love their extracurricular activities.

Dogs seem to eat veg matter more for medicinal reasons... my dog loves to munch on my lemongrass clumps, gets stuck right into pumpkin seeds (natural worming agent, donchaknow) and our last dog ate so much sundried canetoad he ended up having a stroke, poor bastard. I didn't know dogs could have strokes... we certainly never encouraged it... but with a few acres and a labrador prone to wandering it's hard to regulate everything he ever did.

I hear birds like getting into the lophs too... the one and only I have came with one of its three main lil "cheeks" eaten off by maggies but has bounced back with a vengeance since.

Nature is thoroughly unnatural at times.

VM

yeah, that's funny. I left a liter of fish emulsion outside with in my dogs reach and he proceeded to chew throug the plastic bottle and consume about 3/4 of it. When I came home about 3 hours later he was stuck in a squat position. when he looked at me it was actually a look of pain. Needless to say he stayed outside for a couple days.

Every time I water down with Old age seaweed/ kelp my cats are all over the growing tables. In 2 days they stay clear. Guess it makes pefect sense. ....the cats that is. What ever possesed the dog to drink nearly a liter of fish emulsion is still beyond me! However, He never did it again!

I think Tobydoo forgot at that time the silly dog would eat anything. He ate a couch, my cell phone, and we learned quickly to keep even lighters out of his reach. Thankfully he is now beyond that stage and only chews on the kids and himself occasionally.

I think Tobydoo forgot at that time the silly dog would eat anything. He ate a couch, my cell phone, and we learned quickly to keep even lighters out of his reach. Thankfully he is now beyond that stage and only chews on the kids and himself occasionally.

You need a gun! Same rules everyone who is a loph rustler :slap:

great pics. lovely cat.

i know a couple ov cats who like to munch marijuana plants.....BAD kittys.

Cute cat, however I'd be concerned about what would happen to the poor thing if it ingested any. Then again, I suppose that applies to any plant when you think about it, really.

i know a couple ov cats who like to munch marijuana plants.....BAD kittys.

I don't know about kitties munching the mull... however I have heard a story about someone's pet goat getting loose and, er, "consuming" a bloke's personal dope crop. I don't know whether it's apocryphal, but it's a funny story. Particularly after a few beers...

I don't know about kitties munching the mull... however I have heard a story about someone's pet goat getting loose and, er, "consuming" a bloke's personal dope crop. I don't know whether it's apocryphal, but it's a funny story. Particularly after a few beers...

I know of one that happened very recently where a chap on property had a few dakka plants hidden together. Quite large and mature :lol:

Couldnt find 3 of his sheep, they were lying dead next to the stripped plants.

Nasty......... :huh:

Couldnt find 3 of his sheep, they were lying dead next to the stripped plants.

Crikey... poor sheep.

The story as I heard it was as follows:

A guy is growing a dope plant in his backyard. He lives alone, in a fairly isolated location, so detection isn't really a problem. It's the height of summer, so everything is pretty dead and withered in the heat. It's a dry area, and he's rigged a mini irrigation system up to the plant. Drip watering, timers, you know... not a professional job, but it's more effort than he's ever invested in gardening before.

This bloke also keeps a pet goat. Maybe he's had it for some years, or maybe it's a new acquisition. Either way, it's a bit of an escape artist. He's got the thing in a pen in the backyard, but it periodically gets out, usually to munch on the washing, or whatever it is that goats eat. Anyway, after the hot summer, there's not much garden left. Just the goat in the pen, some withered agapanthus by the compost bin, and the dope, which - by the way - is now well on the way to becoming quite a nice little Christmas tree.

Anyway, the bloke comes home from work, and the goat's not in the pen. Fair enough, he thinks... little bugger's probably got out. He checks around the house, and finds the usual debris trail of munched up socks and fragments of his garden. As he makes his way to the back yard he hears this plaintive "ma-a-a-a-a" sound coming from the yard. He runs out, and sure enough, there's the goat. It's staggering around and obviously not a well goat. He walks over to it and the thing lets out another "ma-a-a-a-a-a" and falls over onto its side. He kneels down next to it and starts talking to it, genuinely concerned. He's stroking its head, trying to reassure the goat, when he shifts his gaze to his dope plant. Or rather, he shifts his gaze to where the dope used to be. The damn thing is gone - eaten - to an eight inch stalk poking out of the ground.

So, that night, he makes his way to an all night convenience store to stock up on coffee, in the hope of pulling an all-nighter, looking after his poor, sick, thoroughly greened-out goat. And it's at the store where he tells the story to the bored convenience store attendent. And so the story kind of passed into local legend.

Anyway, that's how I heard it.