The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Robert

Kratom

Hello Friends,

I just signed up to this site since it looked so informative and had so many "serious" members. I've got a decent plant collection with a nice variety. I recently acquired a Kratom plant that is now about 3 ft. tall. I was curious to give it a try and was wondering if it needs to be a certain age first, or what the requirements were/are. FYI, this plant has red veins.

Can you all let me know if you have any experience with this and how to use it, and with what expectations I should have? I also wonder how large it needs to be to begin propagations and how to do it most sucessfully?

Thanks and I'm hoping to make some new friends here!

Robert

Originally posted by Robert:

I recently acquired a Kratom plant that is now about 3 ft. tall. I was curious to give it a try and was wondering if it needs to be a certain age first, or what the requirements were/are.

I've sampled leaves from a plant that size as a tea and they worked fine for me. Unfortunately now I have to wait for more to grow so I can try them at a different dose :-)

There is a fair amount of information here if you use the search engine. When you ( or anyone else here ) tries it can you do a report and post it here, along with dose amounts and length of effects? The more data around the better we can all advise ppl. I'm also interested in the possible anti addictive properties of this plant

cheers there and welcome

:huh: Edited by Rev

Did you simply pluck a few leaves and chew them up before swallowing? Mine has some pretty big leaves in addition to the smaller ones. Do you think the bigger ones are more potent than the smaller ones? Can you give the directions for the "tea"? What kind of high can one expect? I have about 5 big dried leaves. Do you think they should be smoked, or is it possible to use them in a tea?

:huh: Edited by Rev

there's been some talk about this product before, i just found what looks like an interesting recipie.

"One can easily make kratom acetate, which is very potent when smoked. Boil down leaves in water with acetic acid availible from the brew store, then evaporate. Wash with acetone to clean. Dissolve in ethanol and chill in the fridge. Take out of the fridge and bring to room temps overnight by sitting on the counter uncovered. It will make a nice "soap-like" consistency.

It is very potent. A mix of stimulant and relaxant"- would be interested to hear if any gnomes have tried this proceedure- results?

hey, another poppy.org member ?! ah,ah !

anyway, this is a good idea to mix the forums infos. thanks Nabraxas !

what's your name at poppy.org ?(maybe a good idea to keep the same name in all the forums, or to give or other pseudo to or sab friends)

more easy, best relationship and no mistake this way...

ciao

vins- yep i confess.

i found it better to change usernames slightly on each forum, as then windows(sorry peeps- i didn't pay for it) can remember the password for each forum. it's habraxas on poppies(i think)- i've only posted there 3 times.