The Corroboree
sobriquet

Any one using liquid gold?

Yes, usually whizz in a bucket and dilute with saved water from heating the shower or something for day time waterings as it's awkward watering with the noodle during the day with neighbours windows looking into the backyard...night time though you can do loops and twirls being carefree LOL

I think it was rev who mentioned he would whizz on his cactus and they grew at around twice the rate of the non-whizzed ones, but be sure to dilute the first of the day as it's said to be more concentrate.

Its frequently suggested that cannabis tends to grow vigorously after a good soaking of the old gold. Cant say I've tested it out on anything (perticularly cannabis, due to its strictly illegal status) - but I think the nitrogen would be quite high, right? If it was started off diluted as previously mentioned, I think it could be used quite well. I guess the plants reactions would vary from species to species. Could be worth a shot :P And there's nothing quite like a slash in the garden is there? lol

Ace

Didnt Rev say the opposite, that one should actually use the first piss of the day and to not dilute it? Maybe I got it backwards?

Ill search it out,

Yep, use it on just about everything but only dilute (piss in a 10L bucket approx) and only as an adjunct to normal fertiliser regime as your concentration varies greatly during the day and from person to person so you can't rely on it if you are growing for optimum. Seems to work well for me this way!

And i was looking for an cheap organic fertilizer for that long....but my liquid gold probably won´t be the healthiest for my plants. I´m sure you could even sell this as an fertilizer in the organic store...if you wouldn´t tell people what´s inside.

Now I remember that they´ve also mentioned this in the big shroomery thread about poppies. If i remember right, there are also some further infos on the exact amount per qm². Next time my cacti are low on nitrogen, i´ll just give them a golden shower. bye Eg

Ive also heard that menstrual blood is good for flowering plants :) not one I have tried personaly.

Ive also heard that menstrual blood is good for flowering plants :) not one I have tried personaly.

Neither have I, due to lack of the necessary physiology (:P), but a friend once showed me the most strange looking etiolated loph I have ever seen and proudly informed me she fertilised it with her menstrual blood... this may have been just due to fertilisation and watering over winter, but it was weird enough to put me off ever trying it.

And yes, I often utilise the soluble nitrogen compounds in urine as fertiliser.

I'd personally only piss my plants if my diet was better.

Urea crystals are cheap.

I'll try this method, diluted as an alternative to regular fertiliser. I'm no expert, but surely there are beneficial nutrients in urine for seedlings and plants.

I believe it is the most easily absorbed natural source of nitrogen you will find.

Your cacti should love you for it even without dilution :blink:

Make sure its one youve been holdn in awhile.

A mate of mine came over and picked up a small pot with a recently watered seedling in it, examined it closely, and said, "What's this?"

"A lemon seedling," I replied, "I just grew it from a lemon pip."

"Wow," he said, "How did you get it to grow? I've tried to get one going."

Then my girlfriend infomed him, "He just pisses on it all the time!"

:lol:

A mate of mine came over and picked up a small pot with a recently watered seedling in it, Then my girlfriend infomed him, "He just pisses on it all the time!"

:lol:

Hehehehe Bet he dropped the pot pretty quick!!! :P

Ahh,

Is it just just me or does the idea of pissing on your plants just seem wrong?? i dont care how good a fert it is lol.

How would people like it if their plants all of a sudden grew legs and a urinal tract n came along n started squirting us humans?

interesting tho, never knew bout it.

:devil::crux::devil:

Ahh,

Is it just just me or does the idea of pissing on your plants just seem wrong?? i dont care how good a fert it is lol.

How would people like it if their plants all of a sudden grew legs and a urinal tract n came along n started squirting us humans?

interesting tho, never knew bout it.

I'd say animals have been pissing on plants ever since they figured how to cock a leg :P

Speaking of which, anyone seen a male corgi back up a tree to lay a scent? Has to be as high as poss, less chance of being covered with another scent, funny as! :lol:

Plants have always been pissed on.

Think the grassplains of Africa and the millions of gnu that piss on it in their migrations every day.

Or the once huge populations of American bison (60 to 100 million) that roamed that land. Sadly now reduced to a population of ~400, 000 one of the bloodthirstiest examples of mass slaughter of an animal species over decades known in history.

I feed my plants the man gold daily and encourage my son to do the same. I was suprised to hear my 70-90 something year old landlord tell me i should grow vegtables hyrdroponically in a dilute urine solution. He recons thats what they used to do back in the old days when war and famine was about.

I like the feeling of giving it gives me... :)

p.s ^a neat idea for a book!

Edited by transDiMenTional

FOAF once lived "in the bush" for many years and always used his "gold" on plants.

Pissing into the watering can was so logical and habitual that any strange feeling about it disppeared.

And yes, cannabis loves it!

but foaf lives now in the city, and for some reason he doesn't do it any more.

Might have been because once he was hiding in the shade house trying to piss in the watering can

when suddenly his daughter approached the shade house asking "What are you doing dad?"

I'd say if you live in the bush/country with no neighbours watching it's a good method.

I guess its ok for wild plants and such an if it works, then i suppose they must like it and nature knows best, but still i cant see myself pissin on my own plants :wacko: At least now i dont have to feel bad for all the trees iv urinated on over the years lol

Poor animals in africa.. that would have been a beautiful place before half of the species there have been wiped out,same with south americas. how nice would it be to move all the africans (and whoever else is there) out of africa and make that continent the worlds biggest animal conservation an national park. just got to figure out where to put the people.

Lol, gom that woulda been an awkward situation.

JOP; its food for the plants, why would u not give your plants food that it loves?

Personally, coz its coming out of my penis lol.

Thinking about it tho,it does seem to be THE most natural and oldest use of a fertalizer, even in the caveman days when feralizers in bottles never where around.

Ill give it a go on one of my plants in the garden that looks like it could use a feed and see how it goes, that said the main thing that weirds me out about it is using it on plants\trees that provide fruits n veges, or anything someone would plan on consuming.

I think people are misinformed about urine.

Urine is a sterile liquid.

Especially in males who have a long >10 cm urethra. In women the urethra is shorter and they can be prone to urinary tract infections but even that's uncommon. Unless a woman has really had a serious shagging or has masturbated with some abandon, where the urethra can "milk" some baddies back into the bladder then urine is one of the cleanest fluids the body excretes.

In fact if you ever get a cut or wound in a tropical setting then the only fluid in the absence of anything medical, you should be using to irrigate the wound is urine. River water or other sources will insure that infection and gangrene set in, in a short space of time.

Just to repeat.... URINE IS STERILE.

i always pee on my plants, just very occasionally , like once a fortnight, and they are all growing very strong and vigorously. they go very discolored if pee'd on to much, and will soon let u know they have had enuff for a while.

i really recommend it, specially for cacti/succulents

Jst be careful with too much nitrogen on your cacti as this is proving to be a major factor for black spotting/rot, I have cut my nutrient regime right back this year and they have been MUCH more resistnt to it as a result... yeahy..