The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
wandjina

curious yellow

Question

Found these growing with one of my Sages...soil in pot seems chockers with mycelia, fruiting around margin of pot, and at base. Guessing recent rain was appreciated.

They really are curiously yellow, more so in the flesh.....but what are they?

gallery_808_4_32659.jpg

The largest mushroom is approx 35mm.

7 answers to this question

[unwanted comment]

it looks terribly vulgar

[/unwanted comment]

Leucocoprinus birnbaumii ?

here

hmmm, no, I don't think so, though they look quite similar. Of the 4-5 clumps of mushies in the pot, maximun height has been ~45mm , then they turn brown and decompose. I don't know the proper mycologial terminology sorry...but they don't appear to have flat circular caps...just look phallic....unless they're carkin it before they get the chance to mature?

actually, maybe you're right Deicide...

from the link you posted:

"I have a bright yellow cespitose fungi growing in the dirt of my fig tree in my house. It begins as a yellow-white fuzzy film and then shoots out about two inches high with the stems/stalk about 1/4 inch in diameter with the appearance of a cap not much bigger than the stem itself. Any clues as to what it is and how I get it out of the dirt without killing the plant. I know I could just repot. But if it is not harmful can I leave it ... any suggestions are welcome."

they're getting as much light and water as before (outside part shade) began fruiting...why no stereotypical mushroom caps?

ooh no idea on that one :D

prolly will cap out in time to come, had a few stray randoms pop out of my houseplant pots once, died before capping out fully for some reason.

don't think this warrants a repot though?

don't think this warrants a repot though?

repot? nah...the sage is lovin it...seems symbiotic...though if the fungus aint 'capping out'?? Perhaps the sage is taking advantage?

... and had on my B. caapi...

my plant seems to be healthy, old post has the spp name... is quite common in pots, dont think to be detrimental