The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bandario

dosing by weight....?

In a country where consumption is legal... what are peoples opinions on dosing cubensis?

A foaf has got about 30 home grown cubies from a first flush; they were all rather small in size. Usually dosing by weight seems to be good enough when the fruits are large but I tend to think that 30 dried fruits weighing about 4 grams is a LOT more potent than 4 dried grams made up of 2 large fruit....

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how much should actually be eaten for a reasonable strong experience?

Cheers.

Don't know much about cubes, but I would say young would be roughly 1/3 more potent than old. don;t know, If I were to take mushrooms, I would probally be more inclined to go by number.

Hi mate,

Everyone is different, especially with shrooms, in my belief it has nothing to do with body weight but your minds tolerance.

But a general:

1-2 grams - a beginners dose

3.5 grams - an average strong trip

5 grams - will have you way in the cosmos

7 grams or more is considered a hectic dose by most

My first try (WAS IN A LEGAL COUNTRY), I had about 4 or 5 large but BONE dried shrooms and had an average trip, some people that were much larger than me were MUCH more effected than I was, so just start low and have more every half hour or so until you're at a comfortable stage :)

Peace and take care!

KlUe

Great post KlUe!

i'd like to point out though, that a small dose, can be a bizarre as a large dose, due to the fact that you are still somewhat normal consciousness, but with a bizarre undertone. This can be somewhat confusing. At least with a larger dose, u know u r tripping.

Great post KlUe!

30 for you or both of you? - either way eat em all ;)

Not only is it safe to work up dosing but it also informs you of what different dose experiences are like and how you can get the most out of them. Its good also to know the difference between fresh and dried (especially if they have been dried several months). Fresh can really get the dripping visuals going. At least thats what Ive heard.

I would say they should eat them all if they are looking for a reasonably strong experience!

Shroomytoonos' idea that little ones are possibly 1/3 stronger than the big ones is probably accurate, which gives you, no i mean them, a dose of 5.3gms of big ones... mmmm sounds like fun :shroomer:

I would say they should eat them all if they are looking for a reasonably strong experience!

Shroomytoonos' idea that little ones are possibly 1/3 stronger than the big ones is probably accurate, which gives you, no i mean them, a dose of 5.3gms of big ones... mmmm sounds like fun :shroomer:

You are right mate, this sort of dose is most likely going to send each of them into the cosmos and beyond...

I don't know how keen i'd have been doing this on my first experience though...

Cheers for the responses guys!

I don't think I was too clear in my initial post.

What I was getting at:

It is my belief that a 4.5 gram mushroom is nowhere near as potent as 4.5 grams made up from several mushrooms...

previous experience would seem to confirm that dosing by using a set of scales is horribly sketchy...buy the ticket, take the ride :) :)

I'm off to Thailand next week...see if I can find some elephant poo :P

FOAF is currently first grow. What seems to happen is that the first flush often throws up a lot more small groups of shrooms on cake/casing. Second flush is throwing much larger shrooms but less of them. Weight across the flush seems relativily the same. Apparently later flushes are used for getting prints (bigger prints) for this reason as it appears to be the norm.

Another thing FOAF has heard is later flushes are allegedly more potent leading one to suspect larger mushrooms = more potent.

Edited by thunderbird

From a FOAFs personal experience 6 of one half a dozen of the other. However offer this FOAF a choice between the Two and he will invariably choose small fruit bodies. I think because it does not look like quite as much to eat and smaller forms tend to hold a little more beauty, although both are beautiful.

Every trip is buy a ticket take a ride.

Hope this helps