The Corroboree
KlUe

'Edible' Fungi Grow Log :)

Someone told me they'd be ready right about now :wink:

Someone told me they'd be ready right about now :wink:

Harvesting today :)

Wasnt expecting such a low yeild this time, i'll probably stick to my older strain...

But still, averaging 10 shrooms per cake wasn't too disappointing.

Dunked them last night in the fridge and 'rebirthed' again hoping for better results this time.

edit: still got my tray casing to go.... fingers crossed that'll give me better!!!

post-2817-1171854457_thumb.jpg

Edited by KlUe

Hehe

"can I have a large pepperoni and cheese with extra mushrooms please?"

..."certainly sir,would you like the glitter shits with that?"

:lol:

Hehe

"can I have a large pepperoni and cheese with extra mushrooms please?"

..."certainly sir,would you like the glitter shits with that?"

:lol:

Rofl, I hear Domino's have new special toppings :P

Hi all,

Did a dunk couple nights ago. Boiled then cooled water, dunked in a container held down by a glass cup in the fridge overnight. A day later new pins forming. Going to be larger quantity and even fatter shrooms this time I believe. Pics taken last night (2nd day from rebirthing).

Peace

KlUe

post-2817-1172095866_thumb.jpg

post-2817-1172095892_thumb.jpg

wow im really hungry!

excellent guide folks, even good for just read.

peace x

wow im really hungry!

excellent guide folks, even good for just read.

peace x

Cheers mate :-) :shroomer:

Brilliant and simple guide KlUe, great to see a workable solution with such basic items as drinking glasses. I've been looking for tapered jars for awhile and haven't seen any (even at Kmart).

Silly question though, where does one obtain empty spore syringes?

Brilliant and simple guide KlUe, great to see a workable solution with such basic items as drinking glasses. I've been looking for tapered jars for awhile and haven't seen any (even at Kmart).

Silly question though, where does one obtain empty spore syringes?

Cheers - all you need is a regular syringe with a needle tip - you can pick these up at the chemist I believe.

Cheers - all you need is a regular syringe with a needle tip - you can pick these up at the chemist I believe.

ah ok, thanks mate. things are slowly coming together :)

I found syringes and needles at the local pet shop. There used to deliver horse meds/supplements so a pet shop that caters for horses or a horse supply place should have them. Vetenary clinics might be a possibility as well. Otherwise try SAB or an online vet supply.

The standard seems to be 1 1/2 inch 18 Gauge needles. A bit longer is even better if you can find them.

this is prolly a really daft question but, how do you fill the syringe with the spores?

im sure this is covered somewhere in the archives, but i haven't stumbled on it in my (idle) reading.

is there a particular solution that one puts the spores in to then suck up?

x

this is prolly a really daft question but, how do you fill the syringe with the spores?

im sure this is covered somewhere in the archives, but i haven't stumbled on it in my (idle) reading.

is there a particular solution that one puts the spores in to then suck up?

x

Lots of info for those looking to get started :)

Shroomery Teks

2nd flush gave me some fatter shrooms, as expected.

Shows how much they love water :)

post-2817-1172485637_thumb.jpg

post-2817-1172485707_thumb.jpg

vewy nieece! :drool2:

x

ah that's a sight for sore eyes :drool2:

Hi all,

Did a dunk couple nights ago. Boiled then cooled water, dunked in a container held down by a glass cup in the fridge overnight. A day later new pins forming. Going to be larger quantity and even fatter shrooms this time I believe. Pics taken last night (2nd day from rebirthing).

Peace

KlUe

can anyone elaborate on this dunking process? are we dunking the whole cake? how exactly does this help the 2nd flush?

user1 - to dunk, you simply hold the whole cakes underwater for a couple hrs (about 12-24). This aids the mycelium by rehydrating it, and will increase the cakes life span dramatically. The next harvest after a dunk is usually rather impressive, or so it would seem off things I've read online :)

user1 - to dunk, you simply hold the whole cakes underwater for a couple hrs (about 12-24). This aids the mycelium by rehydrating it, and will increase the cakes life span dramatically. The next harvest after a dunk is usually rather impressive, or so it would seem off things I've read online :)

:)

thanks fellas :) it seems weird though, would've thought it'd drown the whole cake or something, considering all those guides that say things like "don't let any water drip on the myc as this will cause it damage." well if a drop can damage it, would've thought total immersion would really do a number on it.

shows what i know :wacko:

thanks fellas :) it seems weird though, would've thought it'd drown the whole cake or something, considering all those guides that say things like "don't let any water drip on the myc as this will cause it damage." well if a drop can damage it, would've thought total immersion would really do a number on it.

shows what i know :wacko:

Its not as dangerous doing it at this stage - Because the cakes will have been fully established with healthy mycelium and the water-caused bruising will heal without too much risk of contam.