The Corroboree
Torsten

Forum upgrade

we got attacked by a spam bot last night which caused the server to continually crash. The choice was to close the forums or to upgrade immediately. I chose the latter.

The timing was not good and wasn't helped by the fact that the upgrade went far from smooth. But, it looks like I've got all the main features working now. I'm buggered so the look of the forums will have to wait a day or two. I know the blue look is rather disturbing, but because this is a fairly major upgrade I don't want to mess with it just before bedtime.

if anything isn't working just list it in this thread. I'll attend to it as I can.

Looks like PMs aren't working yet. sorry.

and the gallery and the blogs..... :(

without me doing anything the PM's started working. go figure.

blogs and gallery still out and needing tech assistance - ie they might be out for a few days.

Man I thought I was at the nook!

Now that there is a 'quickbar' for emoticons and a bigger menu, can we please have all our emoticons back! :lol:

No hurry.

:worship: as usual

Yeah the blue theme is a little undistinguished.

I think the old theme was a little too saturated though, even though I liked the 'amber' tones. If it was lightened up a few shades in harmonious amber tones I think it would make a nice improvement.

Ah i know what you are going through T! Forum upgrades are always touchy.

Spam is always such a pain these days.

Good luck with it, if you get stuck with anything just drop me a msg.

It´s very blue but that´s ok. And it seems to be a faster software. Let´s try to see the good in it. What doesn´t kills you makes you harder.

Edited by Evil Genius

Definatly agree with you sobrequiet, It was very rich but with lighter tones it would be awesome. Some light woody amber tones

looks like IPB tech will do a full reinstall. Their installer has seriously fucked things up. So, I am not making any file or style changes until they have finished. You will have to put up with the blue for a few days.

laaaaaame :(

Wow!!

I thought "hello,I've downloaded bloddy spyware!!"

I don't mind the colour actually, but I miss the plant pics at the top :lol:

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It looks farkin disgusting. It's like Sum1 came in and repainted my bedroom while I was away.

I loved th4e old look, but could handle a new colour aslong as it was a tad more earth toned. Everything looks so sterile.

Wat eva a spam bot is, they can get right fucked!

Atleast S.A.B. wasn't destroyed.

Hope it all works out

The full new install has been completed and everything should be working fine now. Please list any problems you might encounter asap and with as much detail as possible.

I am not about to redesign the forums, so no point making suggestions re colours etc. We are definitely not staying blue.

And I sincerely hope that 'lame' comment was not directed at me :scratchhead:

Don't list smilies as an error as I know that I still have to sort them out.

It's like Sum1 came in and repainted my bedroom while I was away.

Lol thats exactly the first thing I thought when I logged in this morning.

How do I attach pictures to my posts? I can't find the attachment button anywhere.

I wonder if the guys that came and spray painted the forum accidently painted over the functionality, or have I got my shutter eyes on again?

God I hate Spammers..

How do I attach pictures to my posts? I can't find the attachment button anywhere.

I wonder if the guys that came and spray painted the forum accidently painted over the functionality, or have I got my shutter eyes on again?

It's the big green button just below the compose field [on the right].

Just something I noticed, when I click 'Options' at the top of a topic halfway through the menu it says ~~~NO DIV~~~.

sorry, I can't replicate that for some reason. is it still doing it?

I've got this 'site message - will auto close in 2 seconds' apearing in all sorts of places now. no diea what it is. will sort it out tomorrow. just noticed that it screws up formatting if you close it.

I've got this 'site message - will auto close in 2 seconds' apearing in all sorts of places now. no diea what it is. will sort it out tomorrow. just noticed that it screws up formatting if you close it.

change 'auto close' to 'self destruct' and it'll really be fitting with some of our politics :bootyshake:

Edit: pic attachment seems to work

post-146-1167848344.jpg

Tom.jpg

Tom.jpg

Edited by Auxin

Have had "server busy, try again" msgs from 11am e.s.t. :scratchhead:

Have had "server busy, try again" msgs from 11am e.s.t. :scratchhead:

so? :scratchhead:

so? :scratchhead:

so :scratchhead: i've obviously just displayed my lack of computer knowlege :blush:

lol, ther eis another thread that details how we are having CPU problems on the server and to avoid it crashing I have set the forum traffic to limit itself as it approaches overload. ie, if you see the error message then please don't frantically click lots of forum links - rather just wait a couple of minutes before continuing. the server spikes usually only last a minute or so.

Has anyone else noticed that the brown theme doesn't extend into the editing and add reply panel?