The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Northern Gnome

Participate in psychoactive plant research

These folks at the University of Hawaii are doing research on how psychoactive plant use transforms lives. You can fill out a questionnaire. For a multiple choice questionnaire, it's not too bad, plus there are comment spaces. You don't have to live in Hawaii to participate.

http://www.botany.hawaii.edu/era/PsychoPlants

I remember reading about these guys before, they did some good research on magic mushrooms if my memory serves me correctly. I tried to do the questionaire the other night but my computer wigged out, will get back to doing it now.

done it. it doesn't take long at all.

Should I pin this?

I am sure they would appreciate it.

wow most influential psychoactive plant. Shit, just one, that's tough!

Edited by hairyplant

I took part in the survey and then sent them an email to offer my interest in further involvment.

I got to have a phone interview with a really nice guy who actually wanted to listen to me talk about plants for an hour! Highly recommended.

ok.

done and done.

Thanks, Northern Gnome!

I think we should support any research like this we find out there. Every little bit contributes to a greater understanding of the use of psychoactive plants in our society. More importantly, it's a vehicle for encouraging public acceptance - is there anyone here who doesn't want the wider to community to appreciate what we do, or at least get the man to leave us alone?

Thanks for the suggestion, creach. I've emailed them too.

I also opted to give further information though I haven't received a phone call yet. It really didn't take long to fill out.

is there anyone here who doesn't want the wider to community to appreciate what we do, or at least get the man to leave us alone?

I think that's a dream for many of us; even for those who don't believe that these substances are "meant" for many or most people. There's a common dilema we face of wanting to reach out and connect with others but of also wanting to hide oneself from those who would consider them a criminal. Psychoactives (and other plants) and the internet are two things that are are most dear to me. The absence of one would hinder the appreciation of the other IMO. Being a person of the "poisonous path" (to borrow Dale Pendell's words) is lonely business (especially in a small town), and I can't imagine not having a cyber community to share in my interest.

Edited by liftyourskinnyfists

Being a person of the "poisonous path" (to borrow Dale Pendell's words) is lonely business (especially in a small town), and I can't imagine not having a cyber community to share in my interest.

I feel your pain, I to grew up in a small town.

Extreme lack of stimulation to the point where you stop learning about people because there are no more to meet.

:BANGHEAD2:

Oh and, I did the survey.

I really enjoyed it actually. I was impressed with variety of plants stated, they really didn't generalise potentially commonly used plants.

Done.

This research questionaire pointed the "THE PLANT" subject, i mean the fact that there is a plant that we prefer among the others or that we felt drawn too and have a special relationship with.

I would like to ask the same question for people of the Corroboree !

What is your plant ?

Mine is Rivea Corymbosa, it took me years to find THE plant but at last i found it...

Done!...only takes 2-3 minutes and gives you a chance to "have tour say" I hope they use the results in a positive way as we all know "bad laws breed disorder"- The Plantem.