The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
TheFriendlyPlanter

Where to get cool plants?

I wish to take a photo of some cool plants. All I know is they're usually not for sale in Aussie and usually have squareish stems and may be a special kind of mint. They may grow water roots easily. All I'd need is a tiny piece to take a photo of. But where would I even start looking for such obscure plants. Does anyone know anyone who grows heaps of unheard of plants. I met a cool chick who was into wierd plants like that Sal was her name. But the relationship was very short lived and she's gone now so I can't go back to her for help Blah blah blah, But then a good person made everything better again. I love that person! :wub:

Hi Mountaingoat. And welcome :)

What you look for sounds rare. With time spent contributing to and exchanging with the community here hopefully one day you might find it.

It's a bit of a cliche around here but patience is rewarded in the world of plants.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! n00b!!! :rolleyes:

Was this nescessary?

Welcome to the forums mountaingoat :)

I wish to take a photo of some cool plants.

Welcome aboard, mate ... but it is against forum policy to directly ask for illegal plants and preparations ... try asking for something less Schedule 9 pls :rolleyes:

There have been quite a few looong discussions (UTSE) about the usefulness of worthlessly transparent allusions like: AFOAF; my gnome did ... ; I had a dream I ... ;

There have been quite a few looong discussions (UTSE) about the usefulness of worthlessly transparent allusions like: AFOAF; my gnome did ... ; I had a dream I ... ;

Why are they so damn prevalent then? And I don't just mean newbies, some longterm members still recount their dreams, the stories of their gnomes, SWIMs, FOAFs etc.

I agree on their transparency though. I don't use them for that reason, that and I don't break the law. :innocent_n:

Gee I wasn't expecting such a response. I really shook up the beehive with that one!

All I can say is I was drunk! really really drunk, and I feel ashamed of what I have done. But you can't blame a guy for trying right? PS what's a schedule?

Transparency Shmamsperency.. I know plenty of geezers into doing illegal shit, like me mate Dangerous Dave. But I don't break the law innit, just cuz i hang with unruly chaps annat.

And seriously no1s incriminating no1 yet, what illegal plants are u talkin about? I seriously got NFI what s9 yer alluding to auto :wink: :wink: :double wink: + nudge :wink:

Edited by El Duderino

PS what's a schedule?

"Shedule 9" is a level of illegality I guess you'de say, when the TGA determines what should be good or bad for us kiddies. "9" This is the highest or most serious, and includes Heroin, Cocaine & Salvia (stupid, yes). So in effect to come here asking for salvia plants is like asking for an ounce of smack.

But be patient, in time if your interests are maintained, these things will find you. Could be a month, could be a year, perhaps even longer. Heck, for all I know you might already have one since you posted :)

SWIMs really do exist! SWIM fought in the american civil war, and I can assure you I'm not 160 years old :P

Tho I do believe its dangerous to report what illegal acts FOAFs do. Non-FOAFical SWIM reports are safe when genuine assuming you keep your own ass clean as HPLC solvent for when the cops come snooping.

"Shedule 9" is a level of illegality I guess you'de say, when the TGA determines what should be good or bad for us kiddies. "9" This is the highest or most serious, and includes Heroin, Cocaine & Salvia

Nah, scedules are a poison rating. S9 being the highest poison rating(as far as I'm aware). Anything S6 or above usually requires photo I.D. or appropriate licence to purchace said product. Go have a look in ur garden shed at the pesticides and other poisoning agents, most will have a shedule number at the very top in red, just infront of the "incase of accidental poisoning" instructions

P

Edited by naja naja

Well... both of you are kinda right. The schedules are found in a document called the Standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Drugs and Poisons (SUSDP). There are all sorts of chemicals listed on the schedules - drugs, food additives, agricultural chemcials. They basically regulate the amounts of these substances which can legally be used, or what conditions apply to their use or purchase. The SUSDP is published by the TGA, which is a commonwealth body, so most of the states incorporate the document into their drug laws. Yes, S9 is the highest, and yes, Salvia divinorum (the plant) and salvinorin (the drug) are both in schedule 9. As are heroin, MDMA, and many other 'drugs of abuse' for which there is 'no medical use'.

Even if MountainGoat had clearly named a plant, which is illegal within his jurisdiction, is he breaking the law taking photos of it?

I still reckon it's a Coleus that he is describing anyway???

I honestly think that the 'n00b' comment was nothing more than a waste of space, and the people giving him a hard time for asking for an 'illegal plant' should probably get their hand off it. I have seen plenty of people on these forums make much dumber, and blatant, requests for illegal materials and they are still around now.

He never said "SWIM took illegal drugs", or "A gnome I know is looking to purchase illicit materials within the jurisdiction of the Australian Federal Police"

I think Morg put it best:

What you look for sounds rare. With time spent contributing to and exchanging with the community here hopefully one day you might find it.

It's a bit of a cliche around here but patience is rewarded in the world of plants.

Being a stickler for the rules doesn't make you a valued member.

Welcome aboard MountainGoat! My only advice: rare plants are best identified during personal conversation/viewing.

Edited by Benzito

I agree that no matter how noobish a noob is, we are not in a bullying schoolyard and we don't make them feel unwelcome. And yes, when I read the post it was exactly the same thing that went through my head, but there is a difference between thinking it and posting it.

As for posting about illegal stuff, the rule is not to incriminate youself or others. Taking pics of an illegal plant can be incriminating. Seriously, if you get caught taking pics of a cannabis plant in the bush and the actual owner is not there then you can get done for it.

I think the problem here isn't so much the question, but the post count. People who have been here for a while simply don't post such questions. And like any forum, it is a good idea to sit back and observe for a while before joining in, so that you get a feel for that is expected and acceptable. Making your first posts while pissed is hence not the smartest idea. Do you always get drunk before you introduce yourself to a new group of people? So why do it to us?

And I guess then there is also the matter of the search engine. It would have revealed a multitude of similar requests with similar replies.

Yeah it is a Coleus alright! I don't know what the fuss is all about. But thank you all for the words of wisdom.

And to all you nice people out there I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!! :shroomer:

But not you Sabretooth, I love your mum :bootyshake:

Wow, not even i have been flamed for asking a decently worded Q.

Never say die and who knows,a kind and brave bird might fly past and poop out what your looking for.

Also welcome, (tho now you have 20somthing posts). theres alot of helpful info and more importantly people here, if they could handle me when i first came on here then you will make friends quick.

:devil::crux::devil:

Edited by Jesus On Peyote