The Corroboree
Guest onemind

I want to come back

Guest onemind

Well, what the hay, I’ll let it rip :)

Now, i agree with Gnome that we shouldn't jump to any conclusions and we need to try it many times before we know what’s happening, but...

I think if i keep smoking dmt, each time will show me a different vision because all the visions are subjective and created by the brain and we are not looking at a physical place "out there" somewhere.

The reason i think this is, all my visions have people in them that i know. For example, when i was going through my scary mind loop, some of the visions that came up were of people i knew, like my parents or kids i went to primary school with or my old dog that died over 10 years ago ect ect.

No one could see what i see because they don’t have my brain, each person sees their subconscious mind consciously.

And what i think dmt does is just create a situation of conscious dreaming. The reason i think that is because the night after my extreme trip, i had completely forgotten the contents of my mind loop. I had stayed up all night reading trip reports online and got so tired at about 4am, turned my computer off and just slumped into bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow and just before sinking into sleep, i switched into that crazy mind loop exactly the same as the night before on dmt. I know about flash backs ect but dmt flashbacks only happen in sleep. For all i know, i was in that crazy mind loop all night and cant remember when i wake up.

DMT IS CONNECTED TO SLEEP! Now that is no grand revelation and is nothing new. Strassmans book pointed out the dmt excretion in rem sleep and joe rogan went on about there being two consciousnesses, dream and awake.

But my theory is, dream consciousness isn’t a place or other dimension because it always has symbology or people that we get from our awake consciousness.

I think the reason mckenna has really vibrant dreams on dmt is because he is a writer and has one of those fantasy minds. My visions are less complex because i am a hard headed buddhist that doesn't like to fantasize. How many times do you hear, "Man, i just had the craziest dream, i was on another planet and i was being chased by aliens, it felt so real!". Its dmt, its a dream, not reality.

So yeahm dmt is just a dream. You lose contact with your body but think about it, you dont know you have a body when you are sleeping and flying through the city in dream world.

Now, that was more of a brain dump and i would have like to have pieced it together a little more articulately but i think you get the gist.

I don’t think dmt will reveal the ultimate nature of reality, i think we have just found the dream molecule and it will be used by psychiatrists to learn more about the subconscious mind.

I have more clues and experiences that lead up to my conclusion and have incorporated many other people experiences also into my theory.

Guest onemind
. Catch you another day, I've got to get to bed... 4:39 AM here, cheers!

Ok, good night gnome, you are probably tripping hard on dmt as i write this in your sleep.

Nice to talk to you at last! :)

Guest onemind

And Sobriquet, my frightful experience isnt proof of the devil or evil, it was just a bad dream, a nightmare if you will :)

Guest onemind

And think about this, you are in normal everday conciousness. You get tired, go to sleep, blank out for 8 hours and just upon waking you may remeber a bit of a dream. If its a good one it will feel really real but before long, you're up and think, meh, just a dream. You dont think, holy shit! What was that! Its another dimension, it hyperspace and aliens are real! You think, "it was only a dream".

Now consider this, you are in normal every day consciousness, you are not tired, smoke a pipe, one minute you are normal, the next you are in the thick of an intense dream. Within 15 minutes you are back to normal and think, Holy shit!, there is a god, there is a hell, there are aliens, there is a time loop, the mayans were right, 2012, hyperspace, other dimensions. Within 2 hours you have pretty much forgotten the whole thing because, guess what, it was only a dream :)

Onemind, solver of mysteries.

Sweet dreams :)

If you look at the nature of the awake world compared to the nature of dream world, you may notice that they are pretty similar. when your awake you forget your life is just a dream and start to belive in scary nightmare concepts such as geting hurt or dying, losing people, and or things. when your dreaming you realise you can fly, meet any number of levels of metaphorical beings, come across coincidences that just somehow seem to prove that something knows whats going on.

now if as you say DMt gives access to a dream like state which with practice is navigatable, interactive and can be used to implement and take part in differnt sections of your dream concepts, wouldnt you then suppose that maybe these techniques for dreaming can be learned and employed in awake conciousness. DMt may give the kickstart to realising the delusional and morphable nature of any and all of our states of conciousness which ultimately are one and the same.

you can only go as far in your ability to see amazing things in this world as the slowest most unrealised person, which ultimatley is you.

each person is somewhat smeared across the possible realisation scale and are represented by singular entity at each point, you see the entity of the other perosn that is on your bandwidth although they exist in all, up to infinitely concious, this means you are a product of your own ability to see yourself as infintel consious and infiniatley possible. leave your ideas of the rigid universe which has negative result of interdependance and knit together a new set of cause and effects, and this is where i would say the DMt comes in handly whilst where trapped in rigid land. it sorta melts and provides liquidity to options..

But the bottom line is, i think i really did figure it out this time, not life, just dmt.

:(:ana::BANGHEAD2::rolleyes: BAH!

Guest onemind
now if as you say DMt gives access to a dream like state which with practice is navigatable, interactive and can be used to implement and take part in differnt sections of your dream concepts,
What you are talking about is lucid dreaming. People can control their dreams in the morning in a half awake state. The point is, you can only control it once you know that you are dreaming, as soon as you stop believing you are in some objective reality. Its because you realize the dream world is 100% created by the 3 and half billion years of complexity between your ears.
wouldnt you then suppose that maybe these techniques for dreaming can be learned and employed in awake conciousness

NO! The big difference is that awake conciousness isn't being completely generated by the brain and there is "outside" laws of physics that each atom of our body conforms to. We dont have an atomic body in dream land hence no boundaries and no laws of physics. David Icke says that we are children of the matrix and the aging process is just a software problem that can be overcome. But in reality, he suffers from a bad back, borderline obesity, the law of the land and is aging and WILL DIE!!!

People are too quick to draw conclusions about dreamworld and awake world. Thats why the scientific method is superior in awake world because we can take and objective view that is testable by others and it is better than the subjective hopes and dreams of human beings who are scared of dieing which is just the egos attempt to keep on existing which in turn is just a product of evolution survival mechanism.

The way I see it, when using psychedelics we are totally immersed in an IBE, or Inner Body Experience yet I cannot deny that at the same time this is true many individuals report having external contact with teachers or beings outside of their normal reality. Perhaps there might be a way for each of us to be influenced by something outside our individual spheres of experience which leaves me open to the possibility.

However, if such were possible I tend to think that such communication would be most effective if using thought forms and concepts we already have within us to communicate through. Anyone who has studied NDE's or Near-Death Experiences soon comes to realize that each individual only experiences them through the limit of their own understanding of the world or what might be possible beyond it, never anything more than that which to me further proves that outside communication only occurs through the prior to concievable, how else could it?

Here is my take on consciousness, whether sleeping or awake we are still no less dreaming, dreaming about things within the matrix of our own consciousness. Either way we only experience the world to the ability of our own mind constructs gained through past experience and understanding of the world around us. I believe we are all dreamers, every moment just a dream, even during our normal day to day experiences everything which appears to be outside of us is no less just an internalized experience regardless of having "real" external stimuli to produce them. Our dreams all interal chemical reactions from the influence of the outer world upon our sense, the same chemical influences that we also have when completely immersed in a psychedelic IBE, or inner body experience whether while using psychedelics or dreaming when we sleep.

While I am convinced of these view points I also believe that the brain is a kind of receiver as well as an independent dream generator. From this I cannot but think we are a kind of twain-brained creatures who are able to connect with the field which we are all a part of while at the same time, to more or less degree, dreaming the external world into play with our own consciousness which we obviously do so fairly accurately, within limits of course... At least, enough to understand physics well eough go to the moon and back and build such things as submarines and airships... So, we are very good dreamers and reproducers of external reality within our knoggins but even then still just dreaming.

What do I really know for sure? Not much, but I can sure dream alot!

The point is, you can only control it once you know that you are dreaming, as soon as you stop believing you are in some objective reality.
this is true.
is just the egos attempt to keep on existing which in turn is just a product of evolution survival mechanism

and this sums up all the reasons why you onemind, cling so dearly to your opinions and cannot even comprehend a system other than the one you seem to be so wrapped up in trying to understand.

to integrate new information into ones perception of their world often involves leting go of old habitual reactions to the world, this is generally acompanied by pain or pleasure. it appears that you are quite unwilling to experince any of the pain accossiacted with learning and broadening your ideas. this is why after your "heavy" experince with the inherent evil and scary nature of your own mind you proclaim you will never do "it" again.

its sucky to have people tell you things which go against all the things you thought you knew as truth, but its more sucky to be the person who talks shit about how much they know only to find out later that all the shit you thought you knew was wrong. one day mabe you will read back through your CONTRIBUTION and realise how much of an arsehole you seem like. ive felt like the arsehole before and it was sucky, and then i got over it and tried not to be an arsehole fr as long as possible until it was time to be one again, so im not just saying this to be an arsehole now. more like arseholes anonymous.

i hope you let yourself feel briefly what its like to be an arsehole so mabe you write things a little more...humbly, then, once your humble, you should print out some of the things people have said about buddhist ideas here and show your "master" "guru" "biatch" or whgoever it is you listen too and try to understand what they are actualy saying.

or mabe just ignor all this and get on with being the best arsehole you can be. if thats where u like being tickled.

also i advise you not to fart on the hand that wipes you.

you have been probed.

Guest onemind

wtf? where did that come from?

See what happens when you have a point of view? I am sorry that my conclusion doesn't agree with your conclusion and if that makes me an arsehole then i am an arsehole.

At no point in this thread have i claimed to have figured out what life is or what happens at physical death, but i do think i have got to the bottom of dmt.

To summarise, dmt is a molecule that is naturally released by the brain during sleep to facilitate dreaming. The dream world doesn't exist anywhere in the universe, it is just a subconscious fantasy created by billions of neurons firing quickly in rem sleep. DMT ingested from outside sources switches the brain temporarily into dream mode until the molecule is metabolised by the body. I dont think dmt will lead to any kind of enlightenment or knowledge about the true nature of reality but it is a useful tool for accessing subconcious patterns.

Upon death, conciouscness either ceases completely, continues on in a heaven hell scenario or gets reborn into the physical or immaterial realms.

Right back to where i started :)

I will try not fart on the hand that wipes me, whatever the fuck that means.

I'm watching the Movie "The Night Before Christmas" - The boogie man was just unwrapped to expose what he was made of, a big mass of bugs, all of them falling to the ground.

Sometimes I think that character also represents each of us, all just a gathering of many smaller parts all looking out for themselves within the body of a higher ordered being. All of the small little cells of our bodies making a sum greater than its parts.

I think the universe works that way, we, all a bunch of bugs from the bottom all the way to the top, all bugs, but larger and larger sums of them, body within body, all the way up to the top Bug...

Sorry for getting off topic, but the thought occured to me how much we sometimes bug one another with our different viewpoints and internal realities....

i was just having an opinion, besides i was only talking to myself. in the big one mind that makes up one mind.

DMT exist insdie our brains in the dream which DMT exist i guess. it also exists outside our brains, hey, what if the inside mirrors the outside and the sources we use to acess DMT represent the sources we use to access DMt.

that really says nothing about DMt, and a 3D molecule cant have a bottom derr. aperson can have a bottom, cos your science calls it that, bottoms are punctuated by arseholes. fulstop.

what was your conclusion again? was it hit by a bus? drowned in a pool of delusion? slumping in the chair of sleeping on the floor?

i would love to know how you can belive in delusional world and still ladidada about things in objective reality with molecules and death and dreams and thre being an argument as to whether DMT is useful or not.

personally it comes down to methods of communicating messages accross minds and across time. i write what i wanna be reminded of. the actual thing has no importance, other than that it exists to transmit, its the qualities of the things which hold the messages, the message is the ride you take when you chose to view things. the scientific data, or "objective" reality is the story the cosmos tells us by maintainging "constants" it is the message it gives us, you can read it to build an object or to understand your subconcious mind by understanding the story, or understand the mind of God, or to decode the ultimate code of the universe, which you choose depends on what trip your living in. building things within delusion, and tricking yourself into life by forgetting that your just delusional is supposed to be pleasureable isnt it? nah man ure just tripping.

p.s i feel oh so guilty for caling you an arsehole. arsehole.

its gives me like this adrenalin rush to feel that...arsehole.

spine is tingling from that good ole fashun'd guilt.

i bet we could build a world based on this feeling.

what if you could make yourself feel guilty about being delusional, would that just be the coolest deadly cycle that would be. i thihnk they would call that buddhism. if they told you you knew what you were doing and thats why you should feel guilty they'd call it christian.

arsehole.

motivated by guilt since 1984.

confused by delusion since tomorrow.

I do it all the time too, but what drives us to feel the need to correct another persons view of reality when they are wrong, at least, to us?

Guest onemind

I have found there to be a lot of nut jobs in dmt circles..

i think wqhat motivates people to correct or add to another persons ability is empathy. if you can see things which have made you feel happier and live life less stressfully, then naturaly you would want more of yourself to reach that same place. the arguments people use to define their reality are generaly based on the logic they are employing, the logic grows from the original premise they run from. if the original premise is not original then the logic doesnt flow consistenyl and is thus open to "correction" by a different permutation.

also, when a person is making claims about what they think they belive (which ultimately isnt important) and then in the next sentence seems to undermine their own belief, it tingles this place inside me into either pointing it out or saying outloud, baahhhhh.

today i went to the shopping centre and saw more delusional nutbags than ive seen in a DMT circle before. simply because you can fit more nutbags into that building than you can fit comfortably in a circle around a fire.

DMT gives people the option to accept their inherent nutbag nature, or run scared from it by saying that others are nutbags thereby excluding themselves from the nutbag crew and likely telling everyone how scary DMT is, creating a false premise and a bundle ball of misinformation. just like life gives that option.

maybe if you were to consume dmt orally in a tea you may come back to us with a more complete analysis you may really have this "drug" figured out? may mother earth find you humble and heal you with her gentle winds much love.

I had a whole handful of people go after me in a couple of forums, actually following me to another forum and then another forum when I left each one trying to get away from them.

Why? Because I dared to give an alternate opinion in regard to Salvia divinorum experiences and wasn't nice about it either. One fellow who was selling the stuff claimed it could produce Out of Body experiences or allow one to join the conscious collective... I yelled BUNK! Because it was clear to me he was trying to make a following of believers when he opened up a forum and only allowed people in who would not give an opinion opposite to his own continous holyer than though crapola in regard to Salvia divinorum, claiming to have met Lady Salvia herself (whom I didn't believe in) who gave him the job of protecting entheogens...

Man, O man.... did the crap hit the fan as the two of us clashed for months and months, him and a couple of other people I purposely pissed off because I was upset with them for being upset with me.

After a few years of that it all died down, except for the mention I just made in this post again. After all of that back and forth bitchin.... I wish I had just quietly walked away and let him believe what he wanted, but I felt that he was spreading crap and that someone needed to speak up about it.

Truth is, I don't really know much about what Salvia can and can't do in regard the the things he claimed, I never saw any of that kind of thing myself, maybe it is possible. If it is possible my idea about it is that it is only possible because we are spiritual beings having a human experience and because of that we could just as well have those experiences without entheogens.... although, I must admit, entheogens can be a wonderful key to opening a door which is difficult to jar without it help, even if that door is only within ones self. Although I suspect the door can exist, since we are not completely isolated from the all that is, I suppose anything is possible.

Im all off track with what I wanted to say adding that bit of personal history, but what I wanted to say is that I would have done a lot better if I had just agreed to disagree and the other fellow too, but neither of us would do that.

Guest onemind

hehe, i see what you mean.

I dont want to give anyone the impression that i am trying to win converts to my way of thinking because personally, i couldn't care less what you think about dmt. All i am doing is offering my opinion on what the dmt experience is. Through my own personal experience on the drug and from all my research about the drug there is enough evidence for me to conclude that dmt is nothing more than a dream state. If you want to believe it is a key to the multiverse, a chemical channel changer that lets us tune into galactic frequencies or a gift from god that brings us closer to him then that is up to you. But for me, dmt is the dream molecule :)

Guest onemind
maybe if you were to consume dmt orally in a tea you may come back to us with a more complete analysis you may really have this "drug" figured out? may mother earth find you humble and heal you with her gentle winds much love.

Hi ..?..

Good suggestion :)

I was planning on doing this but my plants wont be big enough for at least 2 years so i guess my research will just have to wait :)

Thanks

I wish to myself that DMT could open up a port hole to a multiverse, I don't really know if it does or doesn't but I'd be one happy camper if it could. I have my doubts but would love them to completely disappear.

I think it is fair for anyone to say that it takes many many journies to be able to state with much certainty what this substance is possible of producing when combined with our human wetware. I wouldn't judge it very quickly.

That scarey experience you had with DMT is very close to the same thing I had when I consumed too much salvinorin A, yet.... after that I learned to never use that much anymore, too much just scrambles ya when using salvia and can make one go into a completey unconscious state for a few minutes. I imagine to much of any substance can be a scarey experience, drug or not, if you can get too much of it in your system.

I can't personally speak in regard to DMT but from having read about it for over seven years now, spending many hundreds of hours reading people reports on their experiences over the years it is ok to say how you experienced it, what it was for you, but at the same time not label what it is or is going to be for someone else.

:(:ana::BANGHEAD2::rolleyes: BAH!

Hehe :lol:

I'd like to add soooo much more but I'd rather spend the 12 odd hours of what I experience as the "awake life" out of a jail cell too,so I have the freedom to work on balancing the other parts of my personal trinity of union as "my one-nesss" in this "waking" realm of existence...let alone upset my earthly community's security by breaching the laws and guidlines I agreed to when asking to be accepted as a member here.

I am a pea.

My spirit is an orange.

The universal consciouness is a watermelon.

A pea cannot push an orange.

An orange cannot push a watermelon.

Only the reverse can happen.

Psychedelics are temporary,self-dissolving rope bridges between these states of "mind" and serve as only "look-outs" or points of view over vast valley's and hills where attention is focused...like taking a photo if you like.

We live as peas after the bridges are burned.

So I strive to be the watermelon without instead of repeatedly trying to be it by constantly building weak rope bridges.

20-50 hits doesn't mean shit to me...maybe to that of an impatient and materialistically inclined ego or pea thinking it can push an orange let alone a watermelon...I don't know,though everyone need a holiday every now and then to gain some perspective.

To the open mind it only takes 1 insight if the mind is empty to catalyse change.Time is a construct of the pea and should be used to contemplate experiencing the transition between these states and the implications of the insights gained as there is no such thing as a bad trip...only an interpretation of a trip as we are but peas in this realm.

Only during "dream states" is there dissolution of time.

Obviously if my glass is already full,then how can I ever fit anything else in??

It still astounds me how the human psyche can self-sabotage by thinking that more means more???

I will say though that I have gained a lot more,yet used a HELL of a LOT less of the same keys as most here and seen things that would frighten the hounds of hell...yet I won't own, nor place great importance on these as words are only words.The true meaning cannot be explained once understood...even then, what seems to be answers are merely more questions! ahh the spice of life :wink:

Wherever I go 'E go's B)

Stick that in your christmas pipe and smoke it :P

BTW....nice to see you back northern gnome,I just worked out who you are/were/am :wink:

Guest onemind

I'm confused, am i a pea or an orange?

Screw it, it's christmas :lol:

BTW....nice to see you back northern gnome,I just worked out who you are/were/am

I just figured that out too. He lives near the north pole, can slow down the space time continuum and gives gifts to good boys and girls. He's santa :)

LOL.... I changed my handle here awhile ago and have been gone for a spell too, sorry for the confusion and thanks for the welcome back.

Last night I dreamed that I was someone else and when I woke up I actually grieved for having lost my prior beingness, still believing thaat I was that someone else for at least a minute... then slowly, as I began to come back I realized that I was still the person I've been for the last near 50 years...

and.... that was without smoking anything.

Edit: I edit for the thrill of it....

Edited by Northern Gnome

I have found there to be a lot of nut jobs in dmt circles..

Te hee hee. you really are intent on stirring the pot, aren't you? A statement like the aforementioned would surely bring barbed retorts of "YOU'RE DMT THE NUT-JOB, ONEMIND", and you shall gleefully swallow it up as fuel for your next diatribe.

In fact I'm starting to feel (through subtle suggestions perhaps) that you are actually a DMT virgin, and rely solely on 'trip reports' from sites and spew forth crass collective stories weaved into your own fantastic-alistic uber-world reality and sell the package as your own so called experiences.

Either way, your very existence on SAB is expanding on this virtual society's bloodlust, and you no doubt provide some much needed fodder in which they/we can chew to bits, just to keep the teeth sharp.

Keep being a cheeky monkey, it suits you ! :lol: