The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
themagicmushroom

Where should I move??

I'm returning to the mainland pretty soon, I'm tossing up whether to return to canberra or move on to more interesting climes? the options i'm considering are:

Cairns

NNSW

Sydney

Maybe melbourne?

(any other suggestions??)

The mediating factors in the decision are

- I'm carless at the moment, so, until I get my Ps, I'll be walking/riding/hitching everywhere

- I want to take up an apprenticeship in horticulture (wholesale nursery operations), So I need to be close to businesses which could take me on as an apprentice (torsten?? :P ).

- I want to be relatively close to a (nice, friendly) outdoor trance scene.

- and, well, I want a garden. (strangly enough...)

So, any comments? any suggestions? any ideas (no matter how crazy...)?

M.

Edited by themagicmushroom

Sounds like you should pack your bags for NNSW :) somewhere around the Lismore area so you can attend Uni' there.

while there is crappy public transport compared to somewhere like Melb there is a great hitch-hiking sceen around this area so not having transport will be less of a problem.

There is a brilliant outdoor doof sceen up here and is one of the few area's left with some feeling of underground production and vibe still alive and the climate and volcanic soil has wonderful properties for gardening.

I think thats all your criteria filled..when are you coming :lol:

...when are you coming...

about the beginning of january hopefully... whats the casual work situation like up there?? what about rental prices?? cos I'll need somewhere to live/work while finding an apprenticeship... also, whats a good town to live in if I want to take up surfing?? (i've lived inland most of my life, over it damnit!!!)

looking at rental prices in byron, they through the roof. coffs has much more affordable accomodation, but AFAIK, ain't exactly a rocking place to live... any suggestions on which part of NNSW I should bove to anyone?? where are the hippies these days??

Hmmmm... is Dorroughby part of NNSW? I know one hippy there, ever heard of Mr. Ethnobotany? People call his place the hippy garden :lol:

Ethnobotany, a term first coined by American botanist John Hashberger in 1875, is the study of the use of plants by humans. Plant uses are diverse, ranging from clothing, medicines, dyes, ropes and nets, inks, glues, foods and cosmetics. At Paul Recher's 'Fruit Spirit' Botanical Garden near Dorroughby, NSW, there are over 3000 plant species, almost all of which have multiple uses. In this segment we look at just a few of these many plants.

Paul Recher

Fruit Spirit

coffs has much more affordable accomodation, but AFAIK, ain't exactly a rocking place to live...

Coffs itself is not so pleasant. I live about 20mins away in a nice small town. Great climate for growing and little winter to speak of. Job options are fairly limited unless you wanted to look at the building industry which is going strong atm (landscaping etc.)

Wouldn't the government pay u to attend T.A.F.E. to learn Hort? U can work aswell, but that may give u more options.

Hmmmm... is Dorroughby part of NNSW? I know one hippy there, ever heard of Mr. Ethnobotany? People call his place the hippy garden :lol:

Ethnobotany, a term first coined by American botanist John Hashberger in 1875, is the study of the use of plants by humans. Plant uses are diverse, ranging from clothing, medicines, dyes, ropes and nets, inks, glues, foods and cosmetics. At Paul Recher's 'Fruit Spirit' Botanical Garden near Dorroughby, NSW, there are over 3000 plant species, almost all of which have multiple uses. In this segment we look at just a few of these many plants.

Paul Recher

Fruit Spirit

I have been there, he has a nice place.

One of his ponds is home to a nice turtle...

it doesnt rain in melbourne any more...