The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
SaBReT00tH

Coreless Loph Growing (Grafting question)

A few weeks ago I grafted a small loph to a Spachianus. During the last few weeks the graft has taken however I've now noticed that right in the middle there is a small hole and I can see onto the spachianus. Today I saw a few tiny red spidermites so I'm wondering if they've eaten the small bit of core in the middle and if so how is the Loph graft still healthily growing if it has no core? Is it because it transfers its energy through the outside aeriol parts instead?

Edited by SaBReT00tH

More likely is you didnt get the meristem when you cut the loph? cut it too close to the top? You might find the mother plant grows really funn now :D

I'm quite sure there was a bit of middle (but it was veeery thing as it was cut close to the top in an attempt to graft the bottom aswell (which sadly failed). I'll take some pics of the successful graft today :)

sounds like you didnt get the meristem. It will likely just pup out the other areoles.

AWESOME, I want more pups so I can cultivate and graft more!! :)

Here is the Coreless Loph!!

dsc08903wu0.th.jpg

Edited by SaBReT00tH

So hoiw have you found the graft to be so far does it seem impaired much?

I have a lopho that has soft rot and I want to graft it but the merristem sinks very deep so I will have to miss some of it do you guys think I should I jst put off the graft until I can grb some merristem or jst go for it?