The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
synaesthesia

Wandjina Gardens Accesable yet ?

Hey i read on the site that it was unaccessable by sedans, and i would really like to visit the nursery, being on the dirty south of brisbane im not too far away, and id prefer to drive down pick shiz up then take it home all in one day, then have to wait for the post etc...

So if you could just let me know.

thanks alot.

Aaron.

the road is pretty bad. Small sedans can get in, but any sort of sporty car or large sedan can be problematic. I mean, I sometimes have to bring a commodore up here, but it's a hire car and I know the road really well. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone else.

The road won't be getting fixed anytime soon. Our neighbours are being difficult and we can't take them to court over it until we have all council regulations fulfilled for the nursery. we are doing that at the moment. To be honest I can't see the road getting fixed within the next 12 months.

So, for the time being I am going to close the walk-in nursery and only accept customers by prior arrangement. I'll be putting up a notice for this in the next few days.

oh ok, well thanks for letting me know.

Damn :( caus i reckon your nursery would be a real nice place to walk around hey. oh well. Well good luck with the legal action and that.

Aaron.

as I said, we can do it by appointment as long as your car can handle it.

What are you's doing over the holidays will it be open? I am going down there these holidays and I wish to vist your nursery.

How far is the nursery from the main road?

I mean is it walkable?

Could any plants bought at the nursery be "shipped" to the main road after purchase... ie can you give the people a lift out of the nursery with plants?

If so people could park their cars at the main road. I don't know the location so all of this is a stab in the dark.

yeah well i dont know about driving my car down that road, i just dont want to damage my new BMW M3, you know how it is torsten :P

i think its a pretty big driveway and i assume the road is a main one with not much pulling over space ?

yeah, i was hoping on dropping in with some friends around new years ??

Edited by coin

The nursery is just under 1km from the main road. There is space for at least a couple of cars in the first 50m of the drive, so parking there is no problem.

I also can't see any problem in single customers getting a lift back to their cars with plants etc. The only 4WD vehicle that is ALWAYS on site can only fit one person. It all depends on which cars and which staff are here that day.

We have no plans to go away for the holidays or anything like that, so we will be around throughout the holidays. However, even though there is always someone on the property, some staff don't have anything to do with the nursery and we are often out and about during the daytime. ie, if you want to get plants you will need to make arrangements by email.

And Torsten has some of the meanest dogs you are lever ikely to encounter :lol:

yeah, they'll lick you to death - well, they'll lick what they can reach and that would be anything below the knee :rolleyes:

Guys,

Torsten isn't that unapproachable, he just seems scary at first. :P

I have managed to get my front wheel drive, 1.6tonne, 95 Magna Sedan up that driveway twice with little more than alot of noise and some burnt rubber smell. :lol:

Just send Torsten an e-mail, tell him the day you want to come, plan for it to be VERY late in the day if you want to meet T himself(:P), and if he says it's OK, just drive there and you'll work something out.

If you have a gutless car, the furthest you will be walking is a few hundred metres, it's all good. B)

lol, the road has gotten a LOT worse since last year!

You mean T wont come striding up on horseback to pick people up at the gate ?

Or even a piggy-back, while clapping coconut shells together to emulate a horse's trot ?

He'll come galloping down the driveway riding Jono! :lol:

Horse??...techno-tractor must still have the remnants of CS splooged on the wheel?? :unsure:

Edited by gerbil

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA poor jono :D

I imagined it more like say his name three times and he would appear, then you just gotta follow him down the rabbit hole to get to wandjina gardens :D

:lol: :drool:

ROFLMAO @ Teo!

The T-Bag is a mythical being isn't he??

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

I always pictured Torsten as the perfect Aryan specimen, a big, man-mighty blonde powerhouse that might carry two visitors at a time, one under each armpit, and storm up the dusty, rocky road, deposit them on the front porch of the house, and ask "So what the fuck do you want from my garden, you dumb-ass bong stoners"?

i think you may have mixed him up with jono :lol:

nah id be more to the tune of-' can u please piggy back me up the hill, im rooted, and by the way can i score a bud'? scoring in mullum is a freaking MYTH! dakka capitol of n.s.w BAAH!

u need to hang out at the Chinny :lol:

thanks for the tip darcy! :bong:

i wanna find some of this legendary 'mullumbimby madness'

even in orange u would here of this super ganja all the hippies smoked called 'mullumbimby madness'

another myth?

hell i cant get the real stuff, may as well have a cyber schmoke :bong::bong::bong: BOOM Shiva!!

I always thought the Mullim Madness was an Oz grown strain that originated from buddha that landed here from Thailand in the early 1960's.

Mind you, this was in the 80's that I used to see this bud. These days, I know no-one to get any weed, and rely on the rare & random occurences that present themselves, regrettably only abt twice a year, and in small quantities :( Weep for me, and play them violins.

Whatever happened to the good old days where one could pop down the local pub for a foil*?

*(For the younger readers, pot used to be sold in aluminium foil 'sticks' and never in zip-lock baggies)

Edited by Green Osiris

i wanna find some of this legendary 'mullumbimby madness'

When you find some, I'd appreciate it if you could forward me some beans.

no worries, consider me on the hunt for the mullum madness :bong: