The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Jack

id please

Question

16 answers to this question

I have no idea Jack but I also would like an ID because the cut i got the other day looks to be the same strain. :)

img0262jj3.jpg

img0263fp1.jpg

I have a cutting from the same parent as the above plant available on swap n sell if anyone is interested.

Almost looks a bit like a type of Cereus peruvianus monstrose to my relatively untrained eye. Not sure.

definately not cereus

T knuthianus ?

A nice specimen is in the cacti display at the hobart botanic gdns

the second type displayed looks cool

no idea what it is at present

I think this is a Browningia hertlingianus formerly known as Azureocereus hertlingianus.

Pics:

509a.jpg

azc01646.jpg

Peace.

PS: I'd love to get a cutting in the future or even a pointer to where I could get one, plant or cutting.

Edited by sobriquet

I am with rev on the knuthianus. Not because I am familiar with that species, but because of the plant in hobart BG.

Although, they also have a peruvianus labelled as bridgesii I think it was....

PS: I'd love to get a cutting in the future or even a pointer to where I could get one, plant or cutting.

which plant would you love to get a cutting from? The Browningia hertlingianus, Jacks plant or my cut? I can gaurentee that the cut i have is a Tricho as i have seen the parent plant, i know i should have got a few pics of the parent but sometime the excitement of seeing a strange tricho over rules my thinking.

As you can see in the pics the flower bud is typical tricho and the "lumpy" sort of look becomes less pronounced with age.

img0272ya1.jpg

img0275zh1.jpg

which plant would you love to get a cutting from? The Browningia hertlingianus, Jacks plant or my cut? I can gaurentee that the cut i have is a Tricho as i have seen the parent plant, i know i should have got a few pics of the parent but sometime the excitement of seeing a strange tricho over rules my thinking.

As you can see in the pics the flower bud is typical tricho and the "lumpy" sort of look becomes less pronounced with age.

img0272ya1.jpg

img0275zh1.jpg

Hi PD.

I'd love a cutting of either or both :)

I think your specimen has very different features to the one Jack posted overall and I agree that it is a Trichocereus. I'm sorry I didn't make it clear that the ID was for the first post.

I think the 'knobbly' feature and spines of Jack's plant fit very nicely with the Browningia, but maybe he could comment on its provenance as that may help?

Ive found that peruvianus develop a knobly look when older, also that bigger plant could have had the spines removed before jack got it as that little one has plenty

On the cut i have, it appears that the younger growth did have more spines, 3 - 7, whilst as it gets older the spines number 1 - 4.

On the mother plant the more mature growth far less knobly, even smooth, usually with one prominent spine around an inch long

thats because thats were I got it from ;)

ha ha

ima dick.... :lol:

pretty sure it was a cut from this plant

post-251-1162609896_thumb.jpg

Edited by ferret