The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gomaos

Do we want and/or need religion?

Do you need religion?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

...without just saying man, what you experienced was amazing which proves there is a god and you must believe and pray or burn in hell.

Belief in god doesnt necessitate belief in a sentient being which one must give absolute devotion to or fear his wrath.

I call you arrogant because of your comments. ie: about the peasants. You seem to be above it all, in an elite that doens't need belief in god, but hey the dumbass peasants may as well have their fanciful belief systems about miracles and heaven/hell and right/wrong...

see you're missing my point. I do not speak of a heaven/hell a right/wrong or dogma that gives one limitations in life... Buddhism afaik is a strict rule book. I mean you take of it what you wish.. it is guidance afterall, not rules.. but to be truely buddah-like... to be really righteous... hey onemind do you take drugs by chance? hehe

believing in God does not mean you must pray to him.. again missing my point. I don not speak of god as anything outside of ourselves.. we are god, existance by ..being here in the first place IS god, it has been created.. by My definition.. it is god. or i should say.. consciousness that gives rise to existence.. is god.. something like that.. haven't quite figured this out in my head yet. point is praying and hoping for change that doesn't come from within oneself is hopeless... Maybe belief in miracles can manifest them in reality.. but the greatest miracle is taking action oneself and living life -not sitting around hoping or wishing for a better afterlife because you lived such a virtuos life.. while happily getting fucked over by the man.

But Hey if you live a good life and be kind to people, not condescending and arrogant... and above all not a preachy mufuka that no1 will listen to anyway. (last point directed at myself mebbe) then is allgood, regardless of belief system.. duh

In my belief system (which i hope you will logically refute), God exists because existence exists.

Edited by El Duderino

Guest onemind
Buddhism afaik is a strict rule book.
As far as you know is wrong :P
we are god, existance by ..being here in the first place IS god, it has been created.. by My definition.. it is god

Call it what you want but i cant really see the point. Changing the word existence for a word all other religions use for a sentient creator seems kind of pointless not to mention semantically confusing. We buddhists call all that exists samsara :P Just labels..

In my belief system (which i hope you will logically refute), God exists because existence exists.
I will refute it quite simply by saying that my concept of god is a tree and since trees exist god exists :lol: More semantic nonsense..
But Hey if you live a good life and be kind to people, not condescending and arrogant

As far as i am concerned, the nature of the first post in this topic is condacending and arrogant with regards to not believing in god or religon but no one gives gomoas shit yet bag out the demon onemind for being a know it all fuk.

We live on a planet with over 6 billion people and are constantly surrounded by people who dont even ask questions beyond what they watched on TV. If spiritual seekers realize the deluded nature of humanity they can appear arrogant but if being politicaly correct 24/7 is your idea of wisdom i would rather be a fool. I make no apologies for calling god fearing people who cling to dogma peasants while they call me a satan worshiper for not sharing their views and if that makes me appear arrogant then so be it.

As far as you know is wrong :P

Call it what you want but i cant really see the point. Changing the word existence for a word all other religions use for a sentient creator seems kind of pointless not to mention semantically confusing. We buddhists call all that exists samsara :P Just labels..

I will refute it quite simply by saying that my concept of god is a tree and since trees exist god exists :lol: More semantic nonsense..

As far as i am concerned, the nature of the first post in this topic is condacending and arrogant with regards to not believing in god or religon but no one gives gomoas shit yet bag out the demon onemind for being a know it all fuk.

We live on a planet with over 6 billion people and are constantly surrounded by people who dont even ask questions beyond what they watched on TV. If spiritual seekers realize the deluded nature of humanity they can appear arrogant but if being politicaly correct 24/7 is your idea of wisdom i would rather be a fool. I make no apologies for calling god fearing people who cling to dogma peasants while they call me a satan worshiper for not sharing their views and if that makes me appear arrogant then so be it.

haha yeah everyone's attacking you. :P I already had my beef with goms beliefs and went to great lengths talking shit about how i disagree. No1's picking on you mate.

And sure like you say. Just labels... "Changing the word existence for a word all other religions use for a sentient creator seems kind of pointless not to mention semantically confusing" Sorry to confuse you mate, but the concept of god has been thrown around with varying defintions. But Yeah I believe in God.. but Samsarah is bullshit! Different words for what we both believe.. whatever.

"I make no apologies for calling god fearing people who cling to dogma peasants while they call me a satan worshiper" The point is none of us here debating gods existence claim we must fear him and adhere to the laws he creates (man-made laws). Peasants/Sheep etc are all condescending names and I fucking hate elitists... but I hate the dumbass masses even more! The issue I have is not at calling "them" peasants.. cuz we all seem to think we're above them anyway.. but when you say "i will die not believing in god regardless of what the peasants go on about" - you suggest any1 believing in god is an ignorant peasant... Get over your old school version of god idea. I mean i believe in god.. and by My definition so do you but that doenst matter.

In Hindu.. a Polytheistic religion there are supposedly many gods... what one may not realise is the hindu belief (afaik :wink:) believes in the collective whole of these other creator gods are themselves one greater god (like the samsara concept) .. whatever different labels for the same thing.. so forget that the label God meanns "Yahweh" or any other deluded creator god, - at least not the concept of god i believe.

and don't tell me buddhism doesnt preach humility, good physical and mental health whilst living a minimal lifestyle w/out consuming much or.. doing anything but sit around and relax and.. contemplate.... As Far as I Know....

But hmm If I'm trying to push the fact that I'm right and you're wrong.. a) That is arrogant as fuck :) and b ) That's just dogmatic bullshit.

-Hey this is almost a real-time chat.. And I fair wanna debate this.. but it is essentially pointless. I'm trying to get over it.. but I MUST PROVE YOU WRONG.. haha which proves me wrong cuz u gotta be right.. we're all right and the only truth is all truths... but yeah get over it i am.. it's almost 3:00am im going to sleep.

Edited by El Duderino

Guest onemind

hehe :) The way i see it, no one really knows including me hence the need to converse and share ideas with fellow seekers. But what i cant stand about these kinds of conversations is the belief that we must all be little fairy friends holding hands being careful not to insult others beliefs which is hard when you believe the other person is a deluded fuk :)

and don't tell me buddhism doesnt preach humility, good physical and mental health whilst living a minimal lifestyle w/out consuming much or.. doing anything but sit around and relax and.. contemplate.... As Far as I Know....

True, but the point is not all buddhists are buddhas. I've played the shame game with not living up to my ideals and it is no way to live. I am what i am and will progress at my own pace and dont need self righteous pricks judging me all day :P

I think when people get all deep and meaningful and try to express their fundemental views of reality then they are just setting themselves up for conflict. Gomoas went on and on about how religous folk start wars over their beliefs and then reduced himself into a flame war defending his beliefs. It seems none of us are above the masses and we're all a bunch of deluded ant fuks, unless of course god created me and i am some kind of miracle of creation which means i really am all that :P

Anyway, we could go on and on but after having 3.6 million philosophical debates online and off with humans of varying levels of intelligence i have come to realize that once you have been exposed to all the big concepts there is not much left to say. To each their own belief and let raw experience be our guide :)

Good night from the elitist arrogant prick that cant be fuked with the sniffling masses :D

The Conditions of a solitary bird are five:

The first, that it flies to the highest point;

the second, that it does not suffer for company,

not even of its own kind;

the third, that it aims its beak to the skies;

the fourth, that it does not have a definaite colour

the fifth, that it sings very softy.

And Gomao, you're growing on me but for someone who truely doesn't believe in god you sure do a lot of crying about him ;)

I do a lot of self-searching everyday, and question my "belief" and my knowledge everyday.

I don't accept any dogmas, not even those of buddhism, I question "the state of emptiness" and whether it's really possible to achieve, I don't believe that.

My conclusion is that "near-all powerful beings" may well exist, but since they don't care about suffering and helping humans and other beings in need, they do not deserve to be called god.

I'd like to call them "pan-dimensional monsters" who investigate us and conduct experiments on us as we conduct experiments on mice.

However evolved they may be technologically, philosophically and morally they are not evolved at all and don't deserve to be called "god'.

"god" is a monster.

Ah yes this is true.. do not obey the orders of false gods.. this is the deluded demiurge fucker that doesn't know shit but thinks he's all that, if we break his rules he cant do diddlysquat. imposter. And those Archons or.. Arch Angels(??) Or Reptillians, Aliens, Greys .. GOblins he he he.. they're just his henchmen don't listen to them.. mm ramblings..

To each their own belief and let raw experience be our guide

Spiritus Sancti Amen.

ok amen then.

result approx 20 per cent of us want and need religion

the other 80 don't care very much.

So it's basically those 20 per cent who drag the rest of us down with their religious bullshit.

Governments love religions because it teaches people how to obey.

I say: To hell with them. (the governments, most governments all over the world are bastards.)

We need freedom, not stupid holy words.

153 posts and thats the conclusion?

oh . :crux:

Guest onemind

Thats not my conclusion :)

Gomoas is just bitter and twisted and likes to blame everyone but himself for his problems.

The trouble with dmt is that it actually makes people think they are wise.

Edited by onemind

Gomoas is just bitter and twisted and likes to blame everyone but himself for his problems.

and you are stupid, narrow-minded and have an immense over-blown ego.

Idiot!

if your arguments are too dumb, you attack people personally.

You a buddhist? What a joke!

You repel people from becoming buddhists.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were an undercover-pro-howard spy.

Edited by gomaos

ok amen then.

result approx 20 per cent of US (includes u then?) want and need religion

the OTHER (excludes u then?) 80 don't care very much.

So it's basically those 20 per cent who drag the rest of US (includes u then?)down with their religious bullshit.

Governments love religions because it teaches people how to obey.

I say: To hell with them. (the governments, most governments all over the world are bastards.)

We need freedom, not stupid holy words

so as far as i can see u make about as much sense as the holy words u dont seems to be able to understand, which by some magickal powers u attribute to them "teaches people how to obey"

does that mean the most obediant get turned into matyrs or the least obedient. wait im confused here. i wanna be free to not go to hell just because... "I say:" (u said that not me). also hwo the fuck was a government supposed o escape the label of bastard when quite clearly there is no institution by which its mummy and daddy could have been married. im an anti-semantist at heart but today im just confused.

peace. :bong:

result approx 20 per cent of US (includes u then?) want and need religion

the OTHER (excludes u then?) 80 don't care very much.

So it's basically those 20 per cent who drag the rest of US (includes u then?)down with their religious bullshit.

Did I make a small grammatical or similar mistake?

Wasn't I clear enough? Seems you can't pick on anything else.

20% of US.

80% of US.

Clear enough? If not I don't know what else to do.

Well it's quite clear to most of US that 20% of US want to tell the other 80% of US what to do.

Not just re religion but re everything else, life, the universe, and everything.

If those 20% would should up, the rest of US would be able to lead much happier lives.

"US"= humans, homo sapiens, ape-descendants located on planet earth

does that explain it?

"WE" need food, clothing, a house to live in, somebody to love, hope for a better future

not the lies, false hopes and irrational restrictions of religion- ANY religion!

i wanna be free to not go to hell just because

who says there is a hell

(tough I wish there was one, to send the Bush and Howard governments to).

Edited by gomaos

"WE" need food, clothing, a house to live in, somebody to love, hope for a better future

last time i cheked all those things are somewhat covered for those who abide to their religions.

its the peeps who dont have all that shiz siting around wondering why not that decide to blame it on religions, or governments, or hyperdimensional elves or alien reptiles or ant colonies or gomaos. the reality is that for some reason we have all thrust ourselves into some moist cavern of conciousness and where all so enthralled with the thrill of being pushed around, slapped, whipped and carressed that we cant pull out before we blow, and the fucked up part is that were buried so deep into it that we forgot what we werre doing and turned this into some kinda kinky ignorance fetish style thing where some like to play dominatricks and other the baby in a cot screaming for some titty or at least something to put in our mouth. one day mabe we will grow up and remove the dirty nappy thats been smearing shit al over us for the last however many hours and go find some horny humans to start the whole thing over again. i only hope i ate before hand so i have some energy.

wow i dont know where that came from but now its all over me.

i couldnt resist adding this last little part

religion is the strap on mother nature uses to fuck god royaly for all the crappy jobs he makes her do.

the secret is that he kinda likes it.

satan likes to watch. :BANGHEAD2:

its the peeps who dont have all that shiz siting around wondering why not that decide to blame it on religions, or governments, or hyperdimensional elves or alien reptiles or ant colonies or gomaos. the reality is that for some reason we have all thrust ourselves into some moist cavern of conciousness and where all so enthralled with the thrill of being pushed around, slapped, whipped and carressed that we cant pull out before we blow, and the fucked up part is that were buried so deep into it that we forgot what we werre doing and turned this into some kinda kinky ignorance fetish style thing where some like to play dominatricks and other the baby in a cot screaming for some titty or at least something to put in our mouth. one day mabe we will grow up and remove the dirty nappy thats been smearing shit al over us for the last however many hours and go find some horny humans to start the whole thing over again. i only hope i ate before hand so i have some energy.

damn I really liked that bit that's why I had to post it up again in FAT PRINT

"if your arguments are too dumb, you attack people personally.

You a buddhist? What a joke!

You repel people from becoming buddhists.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were an undercover-pro-howard spy."

He's a god damned narcotics agent...

Edited by bandario

it does appear so doesn't it?

Guest onemind

No, I'm a shape shifting reptillian plotting world domination and control over your mind..

Paranoid, delusional, schizophrenic retard..

can't attack the argument so attack the arguer....

you need some deep relaxation meditation to look at yourself, dude...

btw buddhists don't need civilisation...

all a true buddhist needs is a tree to sit under....

The true Buddist knows that sitting under a tree is limitation.

The true buddhist knows that the concept of limitation is merely a delusion.