The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
wisemonkey

'Super Pedro'

hold the loh for me please if still available i have some super pedro to trade ;)

Could you tell us a bit more on these two, i.e. source location, history, anecdotes etc.

Would love to put it on record and label my plants accordingly. - Tripitaka

The top plant is from the "farm" and the cutting at the bottom is in my backyard. They are both different plants but i have been told they are both cuzcoensis. I havent had time to sit down and chat with this one as yet.

What i really want to see is a pic of the strain that is being sold as T. cuzcoensis.

:angry: i was meant to get to the farm today and get a few cuts but no dice. :BANGHEAD2: Thanks cid.

last week at work i was chatting to andrew about tricho hybrids and the topic of super pedro came up, he showed a few of his plants, which were awesomely fat but sadly he didn't have any he could spare. He mentioned also that there was someone in victoria growing large quantitys if this cactus, i can't remember now who it was but i'll make sure i find out.

last week at work i was chatting to andrew about tricho hybrids and the topic of super pedro came up, he showed a few of his plants, which were awesomely fat but sadly he didn't have any he could spare. He mentioned also that there was someone in victoria growing large quantitys if this cactus, i can't remember now who it was but i'll make sure i find out.

Were do u work prier?

I work at Cactus Land, Andrew Thompson's nursery (the vic market guy).

sounds like a 'prick' of a job!

I work at Cactus Land, Andrew Thompson's nursery (the vic market guy).

Is their website still active? There was no mention of last updating when I checked some while ago and I had always assumed that the webpages were defunct so never bothered much.

some sab members came around on the weekend and i showed some of my collection.

i have a 6foot tall cactii which i call 'big fatty'.someone said it looked like the super pedro.

there is a small amount of it around adelaide.

originally labled t scopicolus, my guess was t cordobensis.

it certainly looks similar to the photos in this thread showing super pedro.

t s t .

Is their website still active? There was no mention of last updating when I checked some while ago and I had always assumed that the webpages were defunct so never bothered much.

yeah it's still running, try sending an e-mail to get a more up to date plant list.