The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
wisemonkey

'Super Pedro'

Guys,

I think this a scop but the yellow hue and thickness/size is alligned with what you are discussing. Just thought it may be of interest.

Cheers..........Bongchitis

post-962-1159745224_thumb.jpg

p.s couldn't fix the pic below but you get the message. 4+ m tall!

post-962-1159745259.jpg

post-962-1159745259.jpg

post-962-1159745259.jpg

Edited by Bongchitis

man how did she get the job?

No doubt either because she is very pretty or dreadlocks. :unsure: . . I have applied to the HHH thats about 5 mins walk from my place a few times now wiht absolutly no reply.

My final asnwer from one of the other guys that works there is that "I dont look the part" and I guess I dont but I could answer more questions and be more helpful than any of the people Ive met in there. :bootyshake:

Here some more of the Super Pedro!

P1010006-1.jpg

I have the other form in post No. #16 Passive. What are you calling that one?

would anyone like to trade me a super pedro cutting for this williamsii grafted on pachanoi? only the red circled buttons on the blue circled pachanoi base. will be cut off the mother so can either be planted as a graft or the buttons removed from the base and planted individually.

post-117-1159796348_thumb.jpg

sadly it seems the super pedro is only available in melbourne via HHH.

Those of us that managed to get cuts earlier in the year are focusing on propgating it so it may become widely available in the not too distant future.

If someone has a spare cut i would strongly reccomend taking sirlsd up on his offer.

looks like a damn good trade to me.

trip do u have one i gave u to spare?

Im also very interested in a cutting if someone has one spare, I can trade for an Eileen cutting later in the season?

I really like Pachnoi and want to increase the diversity in my collection.

Im also very interested in a cutting if someone has one spare, I can trade for an Eileen cutting later in the season?

I really like Pachnoi and want to increase the diversity in my collection.

Somr really tempting offers but I cant bring myself to chop mine. He's a perfect 2ft+ cactus, uncut & well rooted. I will definitely post some pics when I get around to it. Will keep you guys in mind when he throws off some pups. By the way does anybody have any hints on how to induce pupping?

Drill the tip!! lol, if its 2ft high now you should get a pup or 2 during this growing season..hopefully, just feed & water well..

haven't read the topic yet, so don't know if somebody mentioned...

why is the pedro stuck in the ground upside down (big pic with wood fence in backround)?

is this a trial of some sort or by mistake?

planthelper, I just think it a bit thicker on the upper portions than the lower and gives the impression it is upside-down. If you look closely at the areoles and the angle they are on you can tell the plant is rightside-up.

~Michael~

Its right side up alright! :P

wisemonkey, give it a nice big dose of blood n bone around the beginning of summer and plenty of water!

hmm

i dont have this one

will swap ecuador pachanoi for a pup

funny, today when i looked at the pic i realized right away i was wrong, and yes the areoles give it away.

the emotions i felt for this (according to me) upside down planted cacti, made me obviously loose any objective opinon.

Excuses excuses....... :P

~Michael~

Looks very similar to the "Pachanoid" cacti I have been buying at Bunnings although they are still to young to tell. I also belive these to be a Scop x Pach hybrid.

I love these guys, Super Pedro has been around for a little while now and he's been expanding peoples awareness quite effectively, in fact since this post started there has been much buzz about him. :bootyshake::blink:

Glad to see we have a consensus on his possible origins, pach x scop makes mucho sense after seeing him grow for a while. Got a few nice big chunks of him all set for a monsterous season. :innocent_n::devil:

Picked up a few varieties of peruvianus/short spine peruvianus that came from the same locale recently, will post some pictures once they've had a chance to root and put out some pups. Should end up with an interesting variety of cosmic cacti from up there by the end of this season. :drool: :wub:

Mmmm, Cosmic Cacti! :bong::lol:

Peace.

Love and Light Always

Keep up the good work HSP. I look forward to some pictures later in the seasson!

planthelper, I just think it a bit thicker on the upper portions than the lower and gives the impression it is upside-down. If you look closely at the areoles and the angle they are on you can tell the plant is rightside-up.

Excuse my ignorance, but I have some beautiful blue peruvianus cuttings but I cant figure out which way is up, I was told when I bought it but have since forgotten. How can you tell??? :BANGHEAD2:

it is sometimes hard to tell, and thats why sometimes they are layed on ther side.

but if you look at the seration and the areoles it becomes clear whats up and whats down.

the areoles face a bit upwards.

hmm, just twist you head so you can see the pic upside down, see that's what i mean.

and yes, michael just a weak excuse, when in realety i would have just like to catch out somebody doing a wrong thing, haha. like the teacher or master strolling down the work shop, hey you, what the fuck :ana: you are doing, that pedro looks like planted upside down, get a grip mate, we are not here to have fun but to work for the pedro....

I love these guys, Super Pedro has been around for a little while now and he's been expanding peoples awareness quite effectively, in fact since this post started there has been much buzz about him. :bootyshake::blink:

Glad to see we have a consensus on his possible origins, pach x scop makes mucho sense after seeing him grow for a while. Got a few nice big chunks of him all set for a monsterous season. :innocent_n::devil:

Picked up a few varieties of peruvianus/short spine peruvianus that came from the same locale recently, will post some pictures once they've had a chance to root and put out some pups. Should end up with an interesting variety of cosmic cacti from up there by the end of this season. :drool: :wub:

Mmmm, Cosmic Cacti! :bong::lol:

Peace.

Love and Light Always

Keep us up to date on the other varieties you sourced. If it is from the same grower then theres a possibility they are quite unique (within these growing circles anyway).

Did you get a name for the other plants? I've heard theres two interesting plants being grown out that way, one has been called 'cuzcoensis' and the other is as yet unamed/unidentified.

The cuzcoensis is unlike other more common peruvian forms in that it is very potent, more potent then both super pedro and the long spined bridgesii. (well at least thats what a freind has been dreaming anyway)

Theres some photographs on their way, but probably a couple of weeks away.

And this cacti has definately been making a 'buzz' for me since early january when we first stumbled accross it... Definately a smooth rider :wub:

Good to hear the melbournites are shaking there booties to the cosmic heights of the solar recieving green phallic omnipotent ones :worship:

cosmic indeed! :wub:

I saw some Cuzco/kk242'ish looking cuts at nimbin HHH the other day, first time Ive seen them there and its supposed to be very potent, perhaps this is the one your talking about?

did the cuzco look anything like this Andy,

img0047ph7yo1.jpg

or more like this one?

img0151hb0.jpg

Keep us up to date on the other varieties you sourced. If it is from the same grower then theres a possibility they are quite unique (within these growing circles anyway).

Did you get a name for the other plants? I've heard theres two interesting plants being grown out that way, one has been called 'cuzcoensis' and the other is as yet unamed/unidentified.

The cuzcoensis is unlike other more common peruvian forms in that it is very potent, more potent then both super pedro and the long spined bridgesii. (well at least thats what a freind has been dreaming anyway)

Theres some photographs on their way, but probably a couple of weeks away.

And this cacti has definately been making a 'buzz' for me since early january when we first stumbled accross it... Definately a smooth rider :wub:

Good to hear the melbournites are shaking there booties to the cosmic heights of the solar recieving green phallic omnipotent ones :worship:

cosmic indeed! :wub:

Unfortunately many of the original botanical names have long since been lost, so most cuttings just go by a rough "that looks like this" case of identification. As such there have been a number of questionable IDs made thus far, will post pictures once they're all growing for better identification purposes.

I'm not sure i've seen this cuzcoensis variety you mention, tho in all likelihood i have. Some photos would help for an ID.

There has been much cosmicity in the wake of all this cosmic cacti being brought onto the market, it's good to see, wave after wave after wave after wave of divine cosmos! :worship::wub:

I love cacti!

Hey PD!

Could you tell us a bit more on these two, i.e. source location, history, anecdotes etc.

Would love to put it on record and label my plants accordingly.

Beautiful plants by the way! :lol:

img0047ph7yo1.jpg

or more like this one?

img0151hb0.jpg