The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
The Tinkerer

lophophora seedlings

how are you all?

I've got about 40 different cactus seedlings and loph seedlings in a humidity chamber on a heat mat. They have been in there for about a month and I was going to start getting them used to the environment by introducing more air. The catch is there are about 10 trich Validus seeds in there that are only just starting to pop up.

My problem is a couple of the loph seedlings are starting to lay down. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me why they are doing this. I have a feeling it may be from being in a high humidity environment, but thats just a guess.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

They can go for much longer in high humidity. You might want to start bringing them out after 6 months, but before that isn't necessary and they'll grow a bit faster in there.

definately leave them in there... they will die outside.

they fall over when they get too heavy for their root... just prop then up with a large grain of course sharp sand or small pebble.

i would even wait 12 months... that way you take them out they will be big and it will be spring, keep them growing in good conditions over winter

:D