The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
stonewolf

Another weekend, another interesting experience

Well not on my behalf of course, a FOAF where its legal took 2 tabs of LSD, waited for the effects to arrive then smoked DMT and a 10x salvia extract mixed in a bucket bong. They were completely blown away by this experience. I know many of you *know* people who have done similar things on many occasions, but its amazing the effect it has had on this persons pesception of reality, they feel completely changed and well over 24 hours after the experience are still seeing the wonderful patterns of existance. They also feel somewhat mentally fried and wonder if LSD kills braincells because they cant get a straight answer from anyone on the subject.

Dont think it kills braincells, actually think low dose is very good for the brain. I dunno about fried but I know a guy who had some cid and felt 'crazy/psychotic' for about 2 weeks after and still has lingering effects. The other stuff in the mix sounds pretty dam full on though :)

the toxicity of LSD is pretty much non-existant, especially from only 2 hits. The fried feeling you are experiencing is purely mental and should fade away within the next few days as you recover from the experience

I saw a doco on LSD a few years ago. They mentioned that it doesn't harm a single cell in your body - nicotine and caffeine damage cells, but not LSD.

I don't know how accurate that is, but I certainly haven't read anything about its toxicity.

A biker I know spouts every old myth about LSD in existence - the main one being it eats holes in your brain, because of all the strychnine (sp?) in it!!! I laughed and he swore it was true! hehe

Given its LD-50 ('Lethal-Dose-50'...how much it takes to kill 50% lab animals), LSD is remarkably non-toxic.

If I recall correctly, based on the LD-50 for mice, its something like 600x average dose, but in humans its generally thought to be alot higher....not that anyone would know, as there are no known fatalities caused by LSD per se.

Interestingly, when LSD was originally synthesised it was expected to have analeptic properties (circulatory and respiratory stimulant)...other lysergic acid derivatives certainly do and are used as such...not sure how analeptic LSD-25 is, but there are some clinical trials under way investgating its use to treat cluster headaches...and anecdotal evidence suggests it is effective for many people.

So yeah, if anything, LSD-25 is good for the brain....though what it may do to your mind is another matter :wink: heheh