The Corroboree
apothecary

Sydney Meet

I'm on hols for the next two weeks, so have some free time.

Talk to me people!

YES! Spring meet! Im up for whenever although Ive run outta sick days so I guess I'll be calling in dead (isnt too unbeleivable either driving on the F3 everyday :wacko: )

Next weekend would be neato tho

Next weekend will be literally impossible for me, unfortunately.

I have "on campus" Chemistry classes (and lab experiments) on Friday and Saturday (incl a test on the Saturday) and am working a twelve hour shift on Sunday day.

The weekend after maybe?

I will be in Sydney from the 8-19 of October so if it dose not happen till then I may even be able to come. Slim chance only but – would sure be fun

:)

bout 25th ill be back in town so after there is cool. but if Ronny is coming up i say we make accounts for him :wub:

but im biased

Ronny, keep me posted on that note, would love to meet you (as I'm sure a few others would) even if the meet goes ahead on an incompatible date.

I'm not missing this one, when ever it is! :)

I'm pretty busy over the next couple of weekends so may not be able to make this one. I'm moving house which will put me alot closer for the next one though!

I'm not missing this one, when ever it is! :)

damin well better, my princess wont shut up about you LOL :wub:

Well I think you should not worry about me to much and just go ahead as planed, but yes it would be cool to catch up one night. I may be working every day I am there, but I hope not, but borrowing a rent a car and driving around to someone’s house to have tea or dinner or drink in a pub would be nice and much appreciated. And if I get a day off maybe someone could walk me through there garden and let me take some photos. I am working in Auburn and staying near buy.

And yes I would love to meet as many of you as I can when I am there, so if you guys are well equated maybe we could all meet up in one place. Lets just play it by ear.

All the best with the meeting

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

Heheh Auburn, now thats a suburb I'm intimately familiar with.

I recently showed Bacchant and Yowie a well hidden slice of Sydney jazz heaven, as they'll testify, so if you're free on a Monday night definitely let me know!

As for dinner/pub/tea, I know a cool hookah bar or three, you can't be workin seven days a week!

I fell in love with a Hookah (not meant to be a pun :lol: ) a few months ago at a party. A few new faces brought one and were passing it around. They offered me and I replied "no thanks mate, I don't smoke weed - I'm lazy enough as it is!" They laughed and told me it wasn't weed, it was apple tobacco. I said I also didn't smoke tobacco. They asked if I was sure, because it was nothing like a cigarette... I had a few drinks so I was well and truly open to suggestion.

I smoked it. I loved it.

I have yet to find out where I can buy one of my own, and some flavoured tobacco to go with it ??

With that said - I'm pretty free most weekends for a meet, except for the long weekend. Camping at Middle Rock Caravan Park, near Stockton Beach. Will anyone else be up that way at that time??

I fell in love with a Hookah (not meant to be a pun :lol: ) a few months ago at a party.

I have yet to find out where I can buy one of my own, and some flavoured tobacco to go with it ??

Hello all. You can get pipes like this, and apple tobacco from many middle-eastern general stores. Not sure of your locale, but theres a place in West Ryde that sells em (opposite the station- east side), and you could also try Marrickville, Lakemba or Auburn.

Check them carefully to ensure they are genuine (ie airtight) as sometimes they are sold only as ornamentals.

Do any regular meets happen? I would really like to get more involved in the community.

Sydney ethnos are lazy bums.

For the most part, that means if a meet is gonna happen, someone has to be motivated enough to organise.

I often end up in that role :P so 'regular' would often be defined by 'when I have time/motivation'.

There's no hard and fast rule saying I have to organise, so if you are down for the job, I'd be happy :wink:

I would say once every couple of months is the norm at the moment :)

Heheh Auburn, now that’s a suburb I'm intimately familiar with

Good because i sure are not - help

you can't be working seven days a week!

Well i beg to differ

it Sounds like you are the man... i will sure be trying to meeting up...even a night tour will be good, but i should get one day off.

Meeting all of you guys and ladies would sure rock but :lol:

so when's the meet?

sounds good :)

bugger, I'm away then... owell.

It turns out that a.. lets just call it an 'event'... an two events in the family had been postponed, they are now on tomorrow in brisbane. I can't make it up as I just started a new job, but everyone else in the house is going up for it... So I'm completely free tomorrow night! :lol:

I'm lookin forward to my camping trip and I'm looking to aquire some supplies for it before I go ;)

Dam, think Im working that sunday :( might see if I can trade a sexual favour and get someone to do my shift for me

It's just a tentative date, if lots of people can't make it then we can change no problems.

If you're unavailable, please let me know which Sat or Sun afterwards, you are available.

I'd be keener on following saturday....but don't shift on my account if this is preferred date for most :)

yeh same deal - i'd prefer the following weekend, but if the long weekend is most popular i'll just have to make the next meet (that means i'll be pushing for one sooner!)

im buggered after this weekends camping trip so following weekend would be good ;)

would prefer everyone to be there