The Corroboree
eho2cacti

Lophophora available!!!!

Hi,

I recently bought a large batch of Lophophoras.

They are all Williamsii and some of them even came with location name :)

I have Williamsii from Paila and from Cedral.

They are minimum 3cm and flowering age.

$40 each, if you get more than one, POSTAGE IS FREE!!!!!

If only one, postage is $6 regular, $10 express

PM me if interested :)

Karen

Edited by eho2cacti

It's too much i think.

Imagine that I payd 15 EUR for spores and now within 1 year, I got a mother plant that made 4 grafts.

Every now and then, the mother plant popps new babys.

I am sorry but this is called abuse on entheogens.

It's too much i think.

Imagine that I payd 15 EUR for spores and now within 1 year, I got a mother plant that made 4 grafts.

Every now and then, the mother plant popps new babys.

I am sorry but this is called abuse on entheogens.

Palikari, edo einai Australia, ohi Ellada :wink:

Stin Australia afta ta phyta costizoun para polla lefta epeidi den mporoume na ta eisagoume.

Ksero pos stin europh einai poly fthina, ala edo pera einai panakriva.

Den einai abuse, etsi einai h agora edo.

To allo einai oti den ta eksagoume epeidi den mas afini to kratos.

Etsi h timh tous paramenei opos einai.

Kali sou mera apo Melbournh :)

TRANSLATION:

My friend, this is Australia, not Greece :wink:

In australia, these plants are worth money because we can't import them.

I know that in europe they are very cheap, but here they are quite expensive.

It is not abuse, this is how the market is here.

The other thing is that we can't export them, because the country doesn't allow that to happen.

that's why their price remains so.

Good morning from Melbourne :)

Edited by eho2cacti

hey, herbalistics.com.au are offering them for $25 for 2 and 1/2 year olds.

but, i was wondering if we could bargain a price for 2, say around 60ish AU$? (postage included)

thanks.

These plants are twice the size of the herbalistics plants.

Maybe I should be charging according to their standards?

What do you think? :wink:

Edited by eho2cacti

This temperament and writing style sounds all too familiar.....

if you're going to use a fake location, at least spell it right.

as for the prices, folks, face it, these plants are rare in australia and it's just a matter of supply and demand. You either have to reduce demand by growing your own, or you have to wait till supply increases.

This temperament and writing style sounds all too familiar.....

if you're going to use a fake location, at least spell it right.

as for the prices, folks, face it, these plants are rare in australia and it's just a matter of supply and demand. You either have to reduce demand by growing your own, or you have to wait till supply increases.

The exchange above leads me to wonder about that saying....

The common English expression “beware of Greeks bearing gifts” is derived from Virgil's Aeneid. Although many people think that the story of the Trojan horse comes from Homer, his Iliad ends before Odysseus comes up with the Trojan horse deception. The Odyssey takes place after the fall of Troy. It is Virgil's Aeneid, written in Latin, that fills the gap between those two events earlier described by the Greek Homer.

While “beware of Greeks bearing gifts” is the usual English phrasing, the original quotation from Virgil is quite different: “Whatever it is, I fear Greeks even when they bring gifts.” (Spoken by Laocoon, “Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes.”) The popular English “beware” idiom shortens the original and gives the phrase a bit more punch. German has no equivalent warning based on Virgil, although the German saying, “Vorsicht vor falschen Freunden,” comes closest to the English. (“Beware of false friends.”)

h[dead]p://german.about.com/library/blidioms_greeks.htm

Why bother commenting if you don't like the price? If you feel it's too expensive just don't buy!

eho2cacti, are you greek? was mexicali greek? lol

either this isn't mexicali or mexicali learned greek somehow .

I sent money to Mexicali's bank account a couple of times, and assuming the account was in his name, I think it would be a fairly safe bet to say he is Greek ;).

I sent money to Mexicali's bank account a couple of times, and assuming the account was in his name, I think it would be a fairly safe bet to say he is Greek ;).

Especially as he's from melbourne! My greek mates considered the friendly between the Socceroos and Greece in melbourne right before the World Cup to be an "away" game for the socceroos. :lol:

Who has a problem with Melbourne?

And what is a mex?

Yes, I'm greek and VERY proud of it :)

I agree with a comment earlier that if you don't like the price, you don't have to buy them...no-one twisted anyone's arm. All I know is that they won't be available for long...there is a cactus show in Melbourne :)

Edited by eho2cacti

You either have to reduce demand by growing your own, or you have to wait till supply increases.

OR

You buy them now because this size at this price is a GOOD DEAL :wink:

Otherwise, you can follow the previous advice and either wait up to 6 years to grow them from seed to this size, or wait for someone else to get them to this size and then sell them to you at that price :lol:

True enough, I bought most of these plants at $35 each not long ago. I thought I'd offer some because they are nice plants. But from what I see, there is hardly any talk in this thread about the plants, just about Mexicali. If Mex is the person who sold me these plants, I got no problem with him - the plants are excellent!

haha nearly half the greek population is called kosta.

and yes you are right eho2cacti, this isn't greece otherwise it wouldn't be so damn hard to import things. If it was greece you could just walk through the airport holding and Lophophora plant and they probably wouldn't say anything.

could you post some pics? to at least show us how much bigger they are

Well it seems mexicali is moving up in the world.

He's selling his stuff through an agent. So if you buy up then you're still indirectly supporting the prick.

This new eho2cacti character has admitted that's where these are sourced from, and it would appear mexicali is simply using someone (perhaps a phantom) as a puppet. And the puppet is taking a $5 cut of the profit.

Some may choose not to boycott these but I believe in ethical business and mexicali and his (phantom) goon are not in that category.

Don't let this Kosta prick win one over you.

eho2cacti has yet to deny he's mexicali.

eho2cacti has yet to deny he's mexicali.

I am not mexicali.

I bought plants off him -yes.

If anyone wants any of MY plants (since I bought them), you are welcome.

I am not fussed as I said, there is a show in Melbourne soon and there won't be a problem selling them there :)

And what's wrong with trying to make a $5 profit off the plants?

This forum is weird...

could you post some pics? to at least show us how much bigger they are

I don't have a camera, but they are minimum 3cm

Well it seems mexicali is moving up in the world.

He's selling his stuff through an agent. So if you buy up then you're still indirectly supporting the prick.

This new eho2cacti character has admitted that's where these are sourced from, and it would appear mexicali is simply using someone (perhaps a phantom) as a puppet. And the puppet is taking a $5 cut of the profit.

Some may choose not to boycott these but I believe in ethical business and mexicali and his (phantom) goon are not in that category.

Don't let this Kosta prick win one over you.

How rude!

Why are you telling people not to buy from me?

I am no more a phantom than you or anyone in this forum.

If you have a problem with Mexicali, take it up with him?

But please don't try and steer people away from MY plants. THAT'S not ethical!