The Corroboree
DocAzz

Sydney finds?

I live out in Baulkham Hills, and I went for a wander today after the recent downpour we've had. At first I was reading about the ideal places to look and I got a little depressed, then I realised its bloody baulkham hills, I knew a few good spots to look...

I trekked thru winston hills earlier today - not a thing.

I will walk thru other parts the district tomorrow.

Does anyone live nearby? Has anyone found anything anywhere else in Sydney? Blue Mountains (I'm in springwood alot) ???

If you're looking for woodloving actives then you're too late. The season's closed.

You'll have to wait for the weather to hot up then find some cow shit.

If you're looking for woodloving actives then you're too late. The season's closed.

You'll have to wait for the weather to hot up then find some cow shit.

Which is good news - There is a paddock of cows on my street. I'll have to keep a constant eye on them, as it is a very well maintained peice of land.

lol, to the non-fungi loving person I imagine keeping cow patties in your backyard might seem deserving of a visit to the funny farm, so make sure if u do this u hide them from the neighbours

lol, to the non-fungi loving person I imagine keeping cow patties in your backyard might seem deserving of a visit to the funny farm, so make sure if u do this u hide them from the neighbours

Yeh and my neighbours don't stop looking over our fence either... It seems they're constantly doing yardwork, but only along that fence line. I wanna give them a nice big :wave-finger: some days.

How about under the house? Can they just be watered then?

HEY AZZ!

Dont fret,im from the hills to and didnt find a single pin last season.I know they are around

because of pics ive seen here and on "the shroomery" of actives,lets hope next season is a bumper.

see ya,

Not related to what your looking for but I dug up some of those fungi that come out of the egg and make the big latice balls the otehr day!

They were truely awsome!.... they pop up from nowhere in seconds!

i wish i took photos but i couldnt find the camera!

but the time i did later that day they had dried out too much and were not as impressive.

I know where to look.

You want to go a little further up the hill from springwood, possibly the north side of wentworth falls, there's lots of places there for mushies to pop up.

My first mushroom picking experience involved digging thru a dozen or so garbage bags of pine needles and such gathered from the upper mountains area... ;)

There was plenty to go around.

Just watch out for the ferals in katoomba, you might have a bit of competition with them.

Just watch out for the ferals in katoomba, you might have a bit of competition with them.

We call The Gearins pub 'The Star Wars Bar' cos everyone in there has a funny shaped head. :blink:

You should keep away from coogie. Otherwise you gona get caught up in tanned titties from england and we all know how that ends...

No, honestly, nexty year you could go to redfern and i know exactly where they grow, hypothetically.

But otherwise you should hunt cow shit and let us know...

From the Hills district you say ! I know of a place not to far from you that has stacks of cows and heaps of fresh dung on about 200 acres. Went out last year and took lots of photos and a plastic shopping bag and there was still heaps left. This place is very safe but you must be savvy as only locals know of it and can get cranky if you do not respect the land you are on. Also it is best if you look 'official' meaning no dreadies, tiedyes or hippie looking types (don't mean to stereotype, don't mean to offend!) as the local rednecks would be onto you like flys to a .... well you know what I mean, you would really stick out in the locals eyes.

Anyway I have since lost the pics but Im sure they are what you were looking for. The only thing that stopped me from eating them was that the stems did not turn blue when broken or bruised ! So I thought that it is better to be safe than sick other than that they had all the attributes of your classic Cub. eg print colour, cap colour, habitation etc.

If they were not Cubes. does anyone have any ideas as to what they might be?

Edited by p.deadman