The Corroboree

hey folks i made it to wa. i just got this bizarre message after listing a couple of my lw that i am desperate to sell on ebay. anyone know who gollumscacti is?? since i know you folks i'll end my listings and offer them here. freak. is this true? does anyone know?

"This plant is illegal.

WA does not allow plants to be sent outside the sate unless there is PHYTO.

THIS PLANT IS NOT ALLOWED IN WA and possession is like owning HEROIN.

This is your first and LAST warning. gollumscacti"

p.s. i just spoke with the seller of that fantabulous specimen up for sale and word is that this gollumscacti jackoff is harassing them with the same stuff. :angry:

:huh:

I got one of his (button cactus) through ebay on friday, he said he'll be shipping it up on monday. He seemed all fine about it and everything. Dno whats going on, just hope i actually receive this package. :unsure:

:huh:

I got one of his (button cactus) through ebay on friday, he said he'll be shipping it up on monday. He seemed all fine about it and everything. Dno whats going on, just hope i actually receive this package. :unsure:

ah look i'm sure he's selling what he says he's selling, his problem is he seems to want to lie and threaten and harass anyone else who has something to sell which really strikes me as antithetical to cactus medicine. but whatever. he probably wouldn't understand half of what i've just typed. :lol: hope your experience is a good one! i would have bought from him before tonight but man, what a tool!!

gollumscacti is a member at SAB and posts here under the name mexicali. When I read the message he sent you I was thinking he was actually being nice to warn you about the legal situation, as many people simply aren't aware. This bit was a somewhat abrasive and sensationalist, but nonetheless informative:

"This plant is illegal.

WA does not allow plants to be sent outside the sate unless there is PHYTO.

THIS PLANT IS NOT ALLOWED IN WA and possession is like owning HEROIN.

However, the next bit I find extremely disturbing. I like mexicali and have defended him here at times, so I hope he has a really, really good explanation for these sort of standover tactics:

This is your first and LAST warning. gollumscacti"

:angry:

p.s. i just spoke with the seller of that fantabulous specimen up for sale and word is that this gollumscacti jackoff is harassing them with the same stuff. :angry:

that fantastic baby has gone :(

well golly i wonder how that could have happened. :angry:

Hi just wanted to ask what plants/cactus are you not allowed in WA ? LW the same as smack is this true? What is PHYTO?

Edited by geezer0

Hi just wanted to ask what plants/cactus are you not allowed in WA ? LW the same as smack is this true? What is PHYTO?

There are quarantine issues with importing any live plants. Phyto I assume referes to phytosanitary certification which is what you are legally required to have when importing live plants to prove that they are free from disease.

Lophophora is not listed in any WA state legislation that I have looked at (Poisons Act and Misuse of Drugs Act). There are some who interpret the law as saying any plant that contains a prohibited substance is also prohibited. This is not my interpretation - although in some cases they are probably better trusted than me.

here's a pic of the cacti that belongs on the first post :drool:

post-1277-1157682797_thumb.jpgpost-1277-1157682841_thumb.jpgpost-1277-1157682755_thumb.jpg

I was lucky enough to purchase it after it was deleted :P

here are her details-: seed grown(i dont know source of seed)

30+ years old, spent it's life in a green house

It has flowered in the past

170mm wide, 85mm high and the large one in the middle is 4cm

approx 100 heads +/-

now I have to find where to keep her that I feel is safe, I'm thinking about building a lockable cage section for my green house

or quit my job and find something I can do from home so I dont have to leave her. :wub:

post-1277-1157682755_thumb.jpg

post-1277-1157682797_thumb.jpg

post-1277-1157682841_thumb.jpg

post-1277-1157682755_thumb.jpg

post-1277-1157682797_thumb.jpg

post-1277-1157682841_thumb.jpg

That is awesome Moses, very nice :) .

I still cant work out this one though EBAY PEDRO

:o:scratchhead::wacko::o:wacko::puke::unsure:

I still cant work out this one though EBAY PEDRO

Your links broken PD

Do you mean this one? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/san-pedro-cactus_W0...1QQcmdZViewItem ?

Seems a bit ridiculous to expect someone to pay $1000 without even providing a photo.

LOL, it's condition is 'used'. And there's 'approx 3 left'. How can you have an approximate number of cacti? Sure, I'll give him $1000.

Edited by creach

it'd want to be big enough to build a treehouse in for that price. ridiculous, alright!

lol, and no feedback either..can you say sketchy?

I sent him a message requesting pics or a better description. This was his reply: "Hi i will take photo tomorrow the cactus stand 10 to 12 foot in height i have a pair."

I'm looking forward to this.

i dunno i wouldn't pay $1k for a 12 foot tall tricho either. i think he's :bong:

i dunno i wouldn't pay $1k for a 12 foot tall tricho either. i think he's :bong:

It seems expensive, but depending on how many branches it has it could be good value. Standard price is 1cm=$1. 10 feet = $300. But a 10 foot cactus is going to have more than one column. If you had three more columns the same height you would end up with a total of over 10 metres. Anyway lets see what the pics are like. It'll probably turn out to be a Cereus :lol:.

Anyway lets see what the pics are like. It'll probably turn out to be a Cereus :lol:.

LMFAO creach..........hahaha prolly bloody is too. :lol:

The seller emailed me some pics and guess what the first one was........

haha, a C. peruvianus. :lol: Three of them in fact.

There is however one "san pedro" in the collection, not a bad specimen at all.

post-1464-1157977685_thumb.jpg

There is a fair amount of cactus there but I wouldn't pay $1000 for it.

Picture250ebay_pedro.jpg

Picture250ebay_pedro.jpg