The Corroboree
Torsten

New Auction Site on-line now !!

Hotmail accounts have been barred from this sabretooth - this was discussed earlier in the thread

Now none of the pics of my items are on there. They just disappeared.

What is going on T?

Now none of the pics of my items are on there. They just disappeared.

What is going on T?

maybe it is beccause you did not upload a pic into the main picture, but rather uploaded 2 pics into 'additional pictures'. Just a guess. The pics are on the server, but they are just not showing. Try putting a pic into the main pic box and see if that changes anything.

Thanks T,

:blush: , i think you are right.

I will upload an image to the main pic.

Edited by Passive Daemon

how to auction more then one of the same item? Whats a dutch auction in this site mean?

how to auction more then one of the same item? Whats a dutch auction in this site mean?

I think one part of your questions answers the other :P

This software is almost identical to ebay and hence uses the same terminology. I haven't tried it, but I would presume Dutch auction is where you auction several of the same items to a list of highest bidders (ie, one bidder can also make several highest bids)

Dutch auction is a type of an auction where the auctioneer begins with a high asking price which is lowered until some participant is willing to accept the auctioneer's price, or a predetermined reserve price (the seller's minimum acceptable price) is reached. The winning participant pays the last announced price.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_auction

yeah but ebays one means somthing else, like highest bid is the price and anyone can buy at that price. I just wanted to be able to sell 10 of the same item without relisting it heaps. I put a buy it now price on them so there is no bidding just buying adn you can buy more then one.

Can we sell souls?

i am so rapt!! thanks torsten! i will definitely use the site, will make sure to list the new plants i have coming up. one offs in oz! (for a season anyhow) ha.

Edited by evolutionNth

is that a datura or brugmansia you are talking about? not that it matters as I am superkeen on both :wink:

i'm growing about 75? new brugmansia seedlings some of which should have inflos this summer, ready for cultivation next summer. 2nd set of brug seedlings should be flowering next summer and ready to cultivate in a couple years. yay! check out merro meadows and tell him i pointed you over there. he had a GREEN brug last year. he's probably going to be an aussie brug master, he's a phd and used to curate *some gardens somewhere*...

Edited by evolutionNth

Torsten, I still find it hard to believe you run a store, yet have no problem with trades and selling over your website. and now you've started a whole auction site, that's awesome, we need more people like you around.

I have always provided webspace and support for other stores, public trading, and any other form of material and information exchange. This process has been instrumental in the fantastic growth of this community, which in itself is very satisfying, but which incidentally also happens to translate into better business for ALL involved.

It has also helped in avoiding the US style ethno supply businesses, where the sales process has become more important than the plants and herbs.

B) haha...

amazing..i cant believe it.. an ethnobotanical ebay...this has made my day!

torsten :worship: hehe...

im off to register :P

thanks spiraleyes ;)

Just wanted to reiterate that most free email services are fine for registering on SWAPnSELL. Only hotmail is 100% out. Yahoo appears to give unreliable service too. Gmail is perfect. Hushmail appears to work fine too.

At this stage items are selling for about half retail prices, so there are some great bargains going.

Sellers, please spend some time exploring your management option after your first sale. In particular the "View Sold Items details" where you can keep track of who has paid and what has been mailed out. It's not an obvious link to click.

Buyers and sellers, please leave feedback for each other. The feedback rating on ebay is one of the most precious aspects of on line auctioning.

well done torsten ... nice work :)

what would be the deal with selling food products?

what would be the deal with selling food products?

hmmm, don't know!?!

Does ebay allow it? Herbs are food products and they are permitted. What did you have in mind? I can't see much of a problem, but be aware that the seller has full responsibility for his products.

ebay says:

Food

Federal and State Regulations. The sale of food is regulated by the federal government and most state governments, and members that list food and food-related products should familiarise themselves with these laws before listing such items on eBay.

There are federal and state laws that require labels to state, among other things, the food's ingredients, nutrition information, and place of manufacture. Virtually all states require food manufacturers and sellers to register with or obtain a license from the state. There are also restrictions on the import, export, and transportation of many food products.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Additional Information Hide

Prohibited Food Items: For the safety of eBay’s members, sellers may not list the following food and food-related items on eBay:

o

Listings containing drug claims-that is, a claim that the item is intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans and/or animals (for example, pharmaceutical drugs, or misbranded dietary supplements).

o

Non-pasteurized dairy products

o

Fruit and vegetable juice products that have not been heat pasteurized

o

Wild mushrooms

Perishable items: Sellers who list perishable items should clearly identify in the item description the steps that they will take to ensure that the goods are delivered to the buyer safely. For example, sellers of perishable goods should offer overnight delivery and ensure that the goods are properly packaged.

Sealed Containers: All food and related products sold on eBay should be packaged or sealed to ensure that the buyer can identify evidence of possible tampering.

Expiration dates: All items must be delivered to buyers prior to a clearly marked expiration or "use by" date.

hmmm, don't know!?!

Does ebay allow it? Herbs are food products and they are permitted. What did you have in mind? I can't see much of a problem, but be aware that the seller has full responsibility for his products.

Nothing perishable.. pickles / chutneys, etc.

Thanks for all the info :)

Edited by coin

Please forgive my ignorance, but can anyone vouch for the user sacredcactus? I don't know of many people with that sort of plant at that age and with that price tag :drool: . Again, forgive my paranoia please, just checking... have a good one all :)

Judging by the collection of offerings put up by that user I'd say it was Mexicali.

if it is mex beware of forking out 200 beans,

i payed for a cacti near 3 months ago and have seen nothing yet...

sigh.