The Corroboree
Torsten

New Auction Site on-line now !!

I've just created a new site for online selling, auctioning, trading and swapping. Yes, you heard right, this lovely piece of software will allow you to offer items for trade against other items (or cash, or both).

www.SWAPnSELL.com.au

The site is fully integrated with paypal, so check out with paypal is the easiest option. Other options depend on the sellers.

Any feedback/questions for the site should be sent to [email protected] or if they might be of interest to others please post them here.

The exchange forum will remain on this site, but I presume that most members will opt to use the new auction facility because it is so much easier to use. Remember, this auction software allows members to offer items for trade or for cash The choice is up to the seller. Other than this feature everything else works pretty much like ebay.

Just like ebay, SWAPnSELL also allows members to build stores and to conduct regular business here. I know there are a few people here who regularly sell items to supplement their income (rev, gomaos, teo, mexicali, etc) - swapnsell can make this much easier for you and I hope you will take advantage of it.

As for the rules, if you've been a member at SAB for a while then you will fit right in. The limitation is the law of NSW and federal Australia. SWAPnSELL will not tolerate any illegal behaviour or bigotry. That's it. eg we will not ban peyote plants just because they are illegal in the USA or ACT. Guidelines for the NSW/AUs laws will be posted shortly.

The software and server aren't cheap, so eventually there will be a small fee for listing, but for the moment it is all FREE! There may also be some bugs in the configuration etc, so please be patient while I sort them out.

I've just registered

I really like it how the first country on the drop down list was "Lao People's Democratic Republic" ;). Makes a nice change from USA.

LOL, I haven't actually used it yet - still busy configuring.

Nice work Torsten!

:lol::lol:

Is anyone not getting their activation email?

creach appears to have gotten his email, so I am not sure if you guys did anything different. if you can't work it out I will manually override access, but I'd prefer if creach can share his secret to success first.

dodie, you might want to change your country :unsure:

edit: just noticed user 'dan' also got access without my help.

Ok I just received an email but with a different account. I tried using a hotmail address the first time and it didnt work, I just used my optusnet email and got it straight away, maybe it doesnt accept hotmail ac's.

but I'd prefer if creach can share his secret to success first.

No secrets

Took 5 minutes or so to come through (gmail address) but nothing tricky.

Dodie, your hotmail account may have decided it was spam and filtered it?

Edited by creach

i got daniel to sign up and his spam filter objected to the embedded image. so chances are hotmail dumps these in the spam folder. i will try to fix that.

have a look in your spam filter and let me know.

Looked in the junk folder and there was nothing..

hotmail filters a lot of stuff without even delivering it into the junk folder. I can activate your original account if you like, but chances are that future emails will also not be delivered (such as bids and sales info).

All the failed accounts have been hotmail accounts.

I think the safest thing is if I block sign up by hotmail accounts alltogether. This is suggested in the manual anyway.

Or maybe some hotmail users can complain to hotmail and have the block removed.

All the failed accounts have been hotmail accounts.

Same, same hotmail not accepting verification emails!

Email sent to site admin. :P

Tripi, I fixed yours.

Pelinster and Teo, if you provide me with a non-hotmail email address I can edit and activate you as well.

Dodie, see email in your second account for solution.

hotmail accounts have been barred from signing up until this problem is sorted with hotmail.

sorry, there was a problem in the listing process. fixed now and all working. also ignore any fees that might be mentioned. it's free.

OK, all previous members are now active! All problems seem to be sorted now. Happy bidding/listing.

excellant work T :wub:

Great idea, Torsten B)

Registered and waiting for a nice Loph specimen to appear... :drool:

Torsten, you aren't cheating by getting Daniel to bid high on your auctions are you :P ?

LOL, no. I spent all afternoon wondering why no one was listing anything, so I proceeded to list an item myself. In the process I found a glitch which prevented all listings and required me to re build the whole category structure :BANGHEAD2: .

After I sucessfully listed an item I was waiting for someone to bid on it (I listed a particularly desirable item), but as no bids appeared I was getting worried that maybe there is a glitch in the bidding part of the software. So, to put my mind at ease Daniel placed the minimum bid on my listing. Trust me, he won't be bidding again on that one (unless we find a technical problem that requires this). The last thing I want is to win this one :rolleyes:

Wonderfull Idea Torsten :worship:

No problems joining with bigpond email!

I will be listing soon :P

Ps, Is it posible to join as an individual now &

then later on if the situation warrants it,

upgrade to a business account?

Edited by DreamingNagual

My my,

Isnt that 1g of Echinopsis seed

a popular little item :drool:

It took me a while to gain top bid

but I can see I will be knocked

back down soon enough :bootyshake:

What a great site Torsten Once again :worship:

Edited by DreamingNagual

Ps, Is it posible to join as an individual now & then later on if the situation warrants it,

upgrade to a business account?

Not sure if it is possible in your own profile settings, but if not, then I can certainly do it from the admin panel when the time comes.

I've spent most of the day tweaking things, but now I am really happy with what the software can do. There are still some cosmetic changes to come, but they are not urgent. Now we just need LOTS of listings.

Hey T, what happened to the pics of my item? It says there is no image available but i uploaded 2 pics.

any ideas, am i just not looking in the right spot or what?