The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gomaos

name slander

I "feel" a lot of people were at the very end of their tether with the negativity....

But you said in your reply to lofty that there was no negativity at AE? How can there be no negativity on one hand and everyone being sick of negativity on the other?

I honestly dont see much negativity i said. Ive learnt to ignore it most of the time

My 24hrs is up. Blackmail me with some info you have blah blah. Sure I have bagged out SAB...

SAB = YOU

FWIW regarding your last post torsten, i interpreted lickapop to be saying "negative outbursts were the result of people being at the end of their tether" eg negativity come out as a release during heightened tension. *shrug*

[admin: apologies Thunderideal, I was perplexed why I still had the red/negative button accessible to me and clicked it in this post assuming it wouldn't work. Well, it did, so I need to change some settings again. At my previous request, someone has positize this post to cancel out my negatize, so all good. :blush: ]

If I may put up a suggestion.

In the interest of both forums, AE and SAB. It would be wise to use different passwords between both forums to protect BOTH forums from the malicious deleting of threads and general muck raking of information.

wow that is a very good suggestion i must say. i'm not sure what you mean by deleting of threads, people accessing moderator accounts?? but it's certainly possible (and ethically quite ugly) for people to access pm's if they know your password.

don't know about the AE software, but passwords on IPB are stored encrypted and thus inaccessible to anyone. It also means passwords can never be recovered and can only be set new.

My 24hrs is up. Blackmail me with some info you have blah blah. Sure I have bagged out SAB...

SAB = YOU

I have known for a long time that some members come here from AE to stir trouble and then brag about it back at AE. Lickapop is one of them. I have tolerated it because it is a good indicator of how resilient the SAB community is if it can withstand such trolling without any real damage.

Lickapop is also one of the instigators of the SAB negativity at AE, so when he shot down lofty for his statement about the negativity I privately gave lickapop a 24h ultimatum to undo his deception towards lofty. he did so in the reply above, but then deleted it, so I have deleted him.

No doubt this will create an avalanche of crap coming from the paranoid nuts at AE. Lickapop and co have said and done a lot of other interesting things about many individuals, so I'll see what mud they throw before I decide what else should be shared.

I am also up to my neck in the attourney general's proposal stuff so won't be dedicating any extra time to this purile crap. It's always the same. if you don't like it here then bugger off. I don't have the time these days to nanny this forum 24/7. I know that peer pressure and the excitement of having a go at SAB might have driven some people to get a bit more carried away than they should have, so i am not going to hold grudges about the things I know, but will keep my eyes open for disruption and will act swiftly. So if any of the other trolls decide to show some backbone and actually do their nasty stuff openly rather than surreptitiously, then go for it. I suggest members who don't want to get caught up in it to steer well clear.

I can't believe all the "Mrs Jessop" (gossip) that goes on. Aren't we all here to learn about plants , share our knowledge , become enlightened and engage in stimulating conversations?. Hippies these days just are not what they use to be. What ever happened to Peace ,Love and Sex, ( not necessarily in that order) . :P

I have known for a long time that some members come here from AE to stir trouble and then brag about it back at AE. Lickapop is one of them. I have tolerated it because it is a good indicator of how resilient the SAB community is if it can withstand such trolling without any real damage.

Lickapop is also one of the instigators of the SAB negativity at AE, so when he shot down lofty for his statement about the negativity I privately gave lickapop a 24h ultimatum to undo his deception towards lofty. he did so in the reply above, but then deleted it, so I have deleted him.

No doubt this will create an avalanche of crap coming from the paranoid nuts at AE. Lickapop and co have said and done a lot of other interesting things, so I'll see what mud they throw before I decide what else should be shared.

I am also up to my neck in the attourney general's proposal stuff so won't be dedicating any extra time to this purile crap. It's always the same. if you don't like it here then bugger off. I don't have the time these days to nanny this forum 24/7. I know that peer pressure and the excitement of having a go at SAB might have driven some people to get a bit more carried away than they should have, so i am not going to hold grudges about the things I know, but will keep my eyes open for disruption and will act swiftly. So if any of the other trolls decide to show some backbone and actually do their nasty stuff openly rather than surreptitiously, then go for it. I suggest members who don't want to get caught up in it to steer well clear.

The ability to edit should be abolished......ana.gif YOU PUT IT UP YOU KEEP IT UP IMO....I can rattle a few off from this place who are fucking experts at it and it helps hide bullying.....Maybe you should look at allowing people to only add to their post not take away from it?

Really angry member considering my options.....

The ability to edit should be abolished......ana.gif YOU PUT IT UP YOU KEEP IT UP IMO....I can rattle a few off from this place who are fucking experts at it and it helps hide bullying.....Maybe you should look at allowing people to only add to their post not take away from it?

Really angry member considering my options.....

if you click the report button then the original version will be saved and sent to admin. so even if it is edited there is still a record of the abuse/bullying. I don't always act on reports, so don't worry about 'dobbing', but it gives me a better chance to keep an eye on things and watch how they develop.

I didn't even know there was another ethno forum until I read this thread! :lol::blush: and after what i've seen written, I have zero intentions of checking out any other forum, i'm only here for plant info and to buy from people who love plants, couldn't give a shit about petty gossip and troublemakers. Another reason I like plants and animals waaay better than people, they don't create drama.

EDIT - Lickapop has given me an apology for how he spoke to me and I have accepted it... We are all cool now... Water under the bridge etc....

This does show he has enough character to right the wrong things and not continue shit slinging... And I commend him for it...

S

lickapop wrote:yep I will cunt......then you can go fuck yerself

Now, This is from a moderator? The fact that a personality such as this has been approved to be a mod by the owner the forum leads me to believe this is the level of mentality of the majority of the forum.. I mean seriously man... HE'S A MOD!!!! and he calls members 'cunt' and that they can fuck them selves.... He is pretty well a representative of the forum, and he acts likes an violent child.. Then he continues to complain that I don't understand his humor.. Now there are people saying "I understand your jokes licka". I wonder what they would think if I posted his PM publicly... He has been malicious the whole time towards me, when I have only been diplomatic...

Like I said, I am writing this because I have noticed Licka'monkeys'pop presence here lately, and while not choosing to add anything to his posts, I wanted to show that Torsten is not off the mark regarding his nature,, He IS a nasty little shit that probably woudlnt have the balls to talk to people in real life as he does in forums... He covers it by "taking the piss", but his true nature is evident...

I dont usually want to start this type of shit, (and lickadogscock will most likely be grinning as he reads this being the troll he is) but I felt like I needed to share what type of person he can be....

Take from it what you will.....

S

Yep...thats one of em.....keep going there are a couple more...one is a very knowledgeable person...... very passionate about science and being correct......He is mostly wrong but his followers don't really care much about that....he is into SCIENCE.....very QUICK on the key board with an insult here and an insult there... As long as you add at least one legitimate link then it must be all okay....thats what I am learning about this place much to my disappointment....This was one of my favorite places and I feel sick being on here lately...thats not good so I certainly understand exactly what you are saying there Seth...

That bloke for one should be banned but I am one warning point away..........mad.gif

Yep...thats one of em.....keep going there are a couple more...one is a very knowledgeable person...... very passionate about science and being correct......He is mostly wrong but his followers don't really care much about that....he is into SCIENCE.....very QUICK on the key board with an insult here and an insult there... As long as you add at least one legitimate link then it must be all okay....thats what I am learning about this place much to my disappointment....This was one of my favorite places and I feel sick being on here lately...thats not good so I certainly understand exactly what you are saying there Seth...

That bloke for one should be banned but I am one warning point away..........mad.gif

If you have a problem with woody bullying you then report his posts. It's no good me finding out afterwards when you've lost your shit. As for him being correct or not, if the argument is based on science then he certainly makes a much better case than you. if the argument is not based on science then it would be best if you don't bring science into it.

However, i fail to see how your problem with woody has anything to do with the conflicts between AE and SAB.... which is what this topic is about.

Also, please edit your post so it doesn't quote the whole post. Your comment is about specific parts, not the whole post and it just takes up heaps of space, thanks.

As for him being correct or not, if the argument is based on science then he certainly makes a much better case than you. if the argument is not based on science then it would be best if you don't bring science into it.

A bit disappointed that that has come out of your mouth twice now...that is YOUR personnel opinion and much like me posting here has nothing to do with it.....I am not a scientist and never pretended to be but that should not stop me from contributing . By your reckoning I should stick to chill space.....come on Torston....maybe you are just having a bad week...Maybe you should have a look at some of the 850 peer reviewed documents that I have put up that refute the AGW myth before dumping on me. Its not like these threads were happening over a couple of days.....been around a bit..

I have been told privately a few times now that some people are afraid to put up their views for fear of being ridiculed by WoodDragon after seeing what I and others have copped in various threads....People are AFRAID to join the debate....how is that good for the debate?

I will keep everything for posterity now.....Its amazing how everything changes with a simple edit....wont let it happen to me again...

At least this is in the Bitches and gripes thread....if you want it to have its own spot I am happy to start a new thread but don't think it necessary...

A bit disappointed that that has come out of your mouth twice now...that is YOUR personnel opinion

It's not my personal opinion, it is the prevailing scientific majority at this time. I am not saying that prevailing scientific majority will ultimately turn out to be right, but the problem with non-scientists using science is that they don't get that there are ALWAYS dissenting views in science. Such dissenting views do not mean that the majority is wrong - it just means that not everything has been proved yet one way or the other [and obviously sometimes the majority DOES turn out to be wrong, which is why it is good that the minority keeps researching their end]. A scientist keeps an open mind and looks at the balance of things. You pick one side and run with it even though there is a far greater body of evidence against your position. That's not science, that's faith. Most of the conflicts here about this topic happen because of a misunderstanding of how science works.

I am not a scientist and never pretended to be but that should not stop me from contributing .

If you want to convicne a scientist by using scientific principles, then you need to do so on the basis of scientific principles. In science there are always opposing views - simply citing from the minority evidence block does not make for good decisions.

Maybe you should have a look at some of the 850 peer reviewed documents that I have put up that refute the AGW myth before dumping on me.

How about you look at the much bigger body of evidence that opposes these?

Its not like these threads were happening over a couple of days.....been around a bit..

I don't actually look at them, and going by their traffic neither do many others. It becomes really boring for scientists to argue with non-scientists because it means having the cover the same ground over and over. It's like talking to religious people about god, which is another thing I have given up on.

People are AFRAID to join the debate....how is that good for the debate?

I am bored of the debate which is why I don't look at it anymore. So if there is a problem in one of the threads you will need to talk to the mod or use the report button.

I also get a lot of complaints about the way these debates go, but it is usually along the lines of 'oh dear, not another one.'

At least this is in the Bitches and gripes thread....if you want it to have its own spot I am happy to start a new thread but don't think it necessary...

You are already covering this topic is plenty of threads, so how about you keep it there.... or make a separate one.

it is the prevailing scientific majority at this time

That is now debatable....

You pick one side and run with it even though there is a far greater body of evidence against your position. That's not science, that's faith.

Pot kettle black.....of course I do....I keep reading how tainted and biased the other side of the debate is...check out the whole thread...you are lagging behind on that one...if you dispute what I have put up then maybe you should challenge it. If you have not read it...well..

you want to convicne a scientist by using scientific principles, then you need to do so on the basis of scientific principles. In science there are always opposing views - simply citing from the minority evidence block does not make for good decisions.

No I don't...I use other scientists for that...I just bring their science to the fore...should I bow out cause I am not a scientist? And I'm sorry but it it is YOUR opinion again that I am citing from the minority evidence block.... prove that one! I see things turning and maybe your opinions are not keeping up with popular opinion...but thats just my opinion....as what you said was yours....

How about you look at the much bigger body of evidence that opposes these?

That much bigger body of evidence is shrinking rapidly and I really don't think some in this community want to keep up...brick by brick it crumbles..

I am bored of the debate which is why I don't look at it anymore

Point proven...just keep believing hey....

You are already covering this topic is plenty of threads, so how about you keep it there

Not really... this was about bullying and the damage editing causes not AGW.....oh well......

Some things never change. One thing I have learned over the years is that ethnos don't break down ego or bring people together. The potential is there but its all to do with the intent. Such a shame when such a potential tool is not put to full use and becomes just another drug.

Some things never change. One thing I have learned over the years is that ethnos don't break down ego or bring people together. The potential is there but its all to do with the intent. Such a shame when such a potential tool is not put to full use and becomes just another drug.

ethnos and all psychadeolics accentuate personality they don't change it :)

ethnos and all psychadeolics accentuate personality they don't change it :)

so you've been gone............'cause of beautiful reasons yet u come up with this.

love ya maun

ethdtr

so you've been gone............'cause of beautiful reasons yet u come up with this.

love ya maun

ethdtr

hehe Neo loves everyone here and everyone at AE I think i may have been one of the shit stirrers at times myself but meh can't cahnge shit I said or posted in the past ( well i could edit posts i guess but really I think u get the point ) I passed judgement on Sina /apothecary pretty harshly without good reason at a few points in time so buddy if your around sorry hope theres no hard feelings