The Corroboree
Dirty Old Man

How many people here have had an encounter with the law?

shit Gomaos, that's terrible. Was that in QLD by chance?

I've never really had any issues down here, in fact, on more than one occassion my encounters with NSW cops have been surprisingly positive. As in all groups, there are arseholes (well, maybe a few more in this particular group...I mean, there does seem to be something about alot of people who want to become cops don't you think?), but there are also honest, ethical people with integrity and a sense of decency.

Anyhoo, my worst experience happened in Brissy. My partner at the time had become increasingly nasty over a month or so, to the point where one day he became abusive, verbally and physically.

I had recently given birth to my daughter, and one day the phone rang and it was an ex of mine, and we had a short friendly chat.

When my partner found out who i had spoken to, he became incredibly angry, and began screaming abuse, accusing me of sleeping around (3 weeks after giving birth!), shoving me and threatening further physical violence.

I took the baby and went and hid with my housemate in her room, he tried to break the door down, shouting like a madman and literally foaming at the mouth...etc...and we were scared shitless so we called the cops.

It didn't take them long to arrive, but when they did my partner had settled down and came across cool, calm and collected.

My friend and I were shaken, and I was crying...and you know what the cops did...they took his side.

They asked what I wanted to do, and I said that I just wanted him to leave...they then asked who paid the rent, and apparently because my partner did I had absolutely no right to kick him out.

I was wearing a sarong, and I could see the cops checking out my tats...and I sensed them judging me to be some flakey hippy type, while my partner was just some poor bloke given a hard time by an hysterical woman.

Eventually they took him in their car, at that point I didn't know what was going to happen.

About 2 hours later he was back, and still being an arsehole...but at the time I couldn't see what else to do...no one believed me, and the police wouldn't help. It seemed like everyone, besides my flatmate, thought I was crazy or sufferring from PND.

He later told me that they'd taken him to Indooroopilly and told him to go see a movie while I cooled down!!! They also made comments to him about my friend and I being 'Byron types', and hence not to be trusted and to expect trouble, and basically patted him on the back and sent him on his way.

Believe it or not, my family didn't believe me either.

He was like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde....the Dr Jekyll was so nice and charming, it was hard to see how he could possibly be the other person...and the switches could happen within seconds.

Of course, I left him, but it took moving to Sydney for my family to see what he was really like in the relationship...a violent, possessive, chauvinistic, narcississtic, egomaniacal arsehole.

He continued to harrass me for awhile, but then, finally, met another woman and left me alone.

They don't have the same problems, perhaps because they are from the same culture.

In time I forgave him, and now we are better friends than we ever were before.

But to get back to the topic of the thread...how many other women are with two-faced bastards that fool the cops with their act...don't police get trained to recognise abusive relationships? And all that shit they said to him about me being a stupid hippy, or an hysterical bitch...then taking him to the movies. wtf?

And there was even a female cop in attendance.

In my experience QLD cops are the worst in Oz

Edited by wandjina

Well you must have told someone you were growing them and they dobbed you in?

Nosey neighbours and backstabbing inlaws are the pot growers biggest enemy.

I'm usually the first one to call the cops when i hear something domestic, i.e. a man bashing a woman and/or children....

a few years back, I'd just moved in with this other dude (who turned out to be an idiot), these couple in the flat upstairs started shouting and later you could hear loud bashes.

Someone said: "there's blood on the wall" and there really was.

I asked my "friend": Has anyone called the cops?"

he said: "No, it's not my business. DO YOU really know what going on there?"

I didn't but I could hear the woman scream, hear the bashes and saw the blood on the wall.

he wouldn't let me use the house phone, for fear of retribution, so I used my mobile.

It actually took a while to convince3 the policewoman at the other end of the that I wasn't faking, until she could actually hear the woman screaming over the phone.

Then they came with 6 policecars or so, and the agro-dude was led away in handcuffs...

never found out how badly the woman was hurt...

One time in Thailand, when I was renting a little hut on the beach with my boy's mum, we could hear a Thai Couple, or rather, a Thai man bashing up his wife, and I wanted to go and intervene.

My girlfriend said:"Are you nuts? Want to get killed? If you intervene, then the man will think you porked his woman, and he could kill you and get away with it..."

So I did nothing.

On the other hand, my 2nd exwife once took out a DVO against me based on the reason that we had a fight 11 years ago, in another country, without any witnesses, because she couldn't claim anything else...

and the cops gave her that DVO.

She used that to pressurize me so i couldn't see the kids...

oh well thanks g... (who?) all that's over now and I'm absolutively free....

yes that other incident with the shop happened in Queensland(grrr.....)

one more reason I'd love to move from here...

but: no money no honey....

When about 16 was skateboarding at a local school with friends, cops came and there was a break in, we gave decriptions of ppl we saw hanging around, hleped them out, then they gave us a notice to appear in court for trespassing - never help cops again. Went to court, $60 fine & a Convition - lame

About 18 a group of friends and i about 8 in total smoking weed at the "Japanese Gardens" scaled the wall after it shut and just made a fresh bong, 2 cones pulled through, then cops walked over - friends stashed weed in a ice coffee bottle - never found, said the bong was a "communal bong" couldnt decide who to charge for it and they thought well theres not much weed in it and we cant charge 8 ppl for the same bong - went to court for trespassing - $10 "entry fee fine" the judge put it as.

Around 20, letting off mass ammounts of fire works out of surburbia - car chase with cops, got us, friends got fines for evading cops $800 in total, use of fire works more etc, I had to go to "drug diversion" for a pipe found in my camera bag - confiscated my camera for a good part of 3 months. When picked up camera i was unlicensed and riding my motorbike - asked for id and said i left it in my bike lol. got away with that one.

Let off fire works a few days previously in surburbia - cops came when i just walked outside with a small cracker $120 fine

Been speeding on my bike, around 140 in a 60 zone, 4 cops sitting on side of road just talking, (must of just packed up their speed trap) and got me to pull over. asked me what speed i was doing and i just said i didnt know, kept pestering me saying what do you THINK you were doing, maybe 120? I dunno officer. 100? im not sure. 80? I dont look at my speedo. They just wanted to get me to say a speed to book me for that. I was polite and courtious the whole time which really helped.

Been pulled over soooo many time due to my appearance, was pulled over in melb when went down for ega for a random license check lol

Never had any major brushes with the law other than to do with traffic/dui but i once received a picture msg on my phone from the police saying my phone was being monitored under the freedom of info act. thought it was a joke but couldnt reply to it as the message dissapeared. i got this msg the day b4 i left overseas. still have no idea why. do they commonly do this?

Nosey neighbours and backstabbing inlaws are the pot growers biggest enemy.

Passive, if your neighbours could see it why didn't you have it under a shadecloth and/or amongst other plants so as to disguise them? Or why didn't you have them indoors under lights away from pesky neighbours? I could understand about your wife dobbing you in though, if you brokeup with her after.

Passive, if your neighbours could see it why didn't you have it under a shadecloth and/or amongst other plants so as to disguise them? Or why didn't you have them indoors under lights away from pesky neighbours? I could understand about your wife dobbing you in though, if you brokeup with her after.

The plants were disguised in and around other plants, thats what i meant about nosey neighbours dude.

Its all well and good to say you should have done this, should have done that, in retrospect, yes, there are a few things i would have changed but overall the result was out of my control, i cannot physically stop people from scoping out my backyard over the fence nor can you watch your fence twenty four hours a day. As for growing indoor, there was limitied space and Nat(my partner) hates me growing indoor and i have been growing both ways for over ten years. Outdoor IMO kicks arse over indoor, and there is no smoke sweeter than that produced by your own hand.

I have had some awesome harvests over the years but at the end of the day you must realise that you cannot control EVERY detail in regards to your grow room or plot and sometimes you run into bad luck.

I feel sorry for you Gomaos and Wandjina, for your unjust bullying at the hands of the police.

The Detectives who arrested me were slightly insulting and unnecessarily rough with me when they first took me into custody. They were trying to get me to spill information about associates. I was actually really nice to them and was honest about everything I told them (including the fact that I couldn't in any way assist them with their efforts to charge anyone else). They ended up being really understanding and actually wrote letters for the court in support of me receiving leniency as they felt I was more a victim of drug dependence than what they typically saw as a 'criminal'. I was really surprised in the end, but I did have a lot of family support which elevated my positive energies. They were just doing their job and kudos to them for doing it like decent human beings.

Although.. I have had my fair share of unfair experiences with the police. I guess that kind of authority has the potential to turn anyone into a power hungry monster. :) I wonder what kind of measures the department has for preventing this from happening? I guess there wouldn't be many, they would probably promote the power as it makes for what would probably be measured as better outcomes in the short term.

none in australia. when i was younger i was arrested for helping shut down the bay bridge in san francisco at the beginning of "desert storm". i was charged with dv in chico, ca when i had to physically restrain my partner who was on a bad ketamine experience and decided to run off and off themselves. cops showed up, partner wasn't interested in charging me and partner had a scuff on arm so the d.a. charged me but nothing ever came of it as partner threw a stink.

i've been very fortunate with the law considering. now that i'm a sober old lady i actually find the cops helpful.

for the most part, anyhow.....the laws on the other hand, well, nevermind.

~d

Never had an encounter with the law but since moving to brisbane ive been stoped, searched and details taken twice by plain clothes police while just walking to a friends place. both times were nearly in the exact same spot.

Dont really get it.

Think its mainly an appearence thing :ana::uzi:

when i was younger i was arrested for helping shut down the bay bridge in san francisco at the beginning of "desert storm"

cool... when I was younger I was in demonstrations against nuclear reactors in germany...

heavy...

that's the best kinda stuff to get arrested for. :)

i must say i havent had any unjust encounters with cops yet

even when ive pissed them off

oh there was that time when Drunk and disorderly that they put me in the paddy wagon and went for a wild ride to knock me round a bit - but thats standard isnt it?

The cops have been good to me

one time in SA when i was 16

i got busted with about 9 oz of weed

the cops had this big pile of shit on the table and asked me HM was there

i replied 'about an Oz"

so they took my statemnet'

left and i never heard from them again.. :D

The cops have been good to me

one time in SA when i was 16

i got busted with about 9 oz of weed

the cops had this big pile of shit on the table and asked me HM was there

i replied 'about an Oz"

so they took my statemnet'

left and i never heard from them again.. :D

ROFLMAO

some days you would kill to be a fly on the wall :lol::lol::lol:

-14. - Shoplifting (spraycans - OBK reprazent!) Verbal warning, driven home.

-15. - Willfull destruction ($14000 {supposedly...} worth of damage to canberra grammer school. evil fucks had expelled me the year before) $1000 dollar fine, 64 hours community service.

-16. shoplifting (chocolate.) Official warning. banned from store. (they were lenient because i hadn't eaten for 3 days...)

-16. Shoplifting (alcohol, i was stealing 10 - 20 bottles of spirits PER DAY for 2 weeks and selling them at school for $15 each, right before the yr 10 formal/afterparty... made a killing too.... it was just a game to me.) - 6 month good behaviour bond.

-17. Assault on a police officer (3 counts), resist arrest, drunk and disorderly. (NYE, walking through Civic 20 minutes before midnight, four cops walk past and confiscate some randoms bourbon. I'm on my (brand new) phone and make a random comment about 'fucking pigs spoiling ppls fun.' Cops do a 180 and come and confront me. i'm non-confrontational, but passive-agressive, so they decide to book me. they're walking me back to the station <insert blank spot> and I come to on the ground fighting the 3rd cop whos trying to handcuff me (apparently i did a good job on the first two...) and being capsicum-sprayed by the fourth for apparently the second time (well according to the police report) in 20 seconds, while screaming" police brutality!!" in a high pitched voice. This is in front of maybe 2500 ppl all waiting for the count-down. Get out of jail the next morning, and the vindictive fucking cops have smashed my phone.) 200 hours community service (good lawyer...)

then i discovered mushrooms and raves. changed man now :) angy kid though...

Edited by themagicmushroom