The Corroboree
Dirty Old Man

How many people here have had an encounter with the law?

Just curious.

I hope this isn't inapropriate or doesn't make anyone uncomfortable.

If you feel comfortable sharing details please feel free to do so.

Yeah i have had a few run ins with the poolice,

Three drug related matters - I dont grow weed anymore or use iv.

Two drink driving offences - I rarely drink now, although this was more out of concern for my health.

Three assault related matters - see above :blush:

It could have been worse if i had not made some sensible changes to my life, which at the time didnt seem like the best option, but in the long run these descisions saved me.

Many old friends werent so lucky, nor did they have the opportunities i had. Some are gone, some in jail, some debilitated by accidents and others i will never find again. There is one trend that i have noticed though, all the people i know that went inside at a young age seem to be stuck. What i mean is they go in and out, in and out all the time(for varying lengths of time of course), and for the most of them it doesnt bother them, or so they say. Yeah sure when they first get out they have all these plans.......that lasts a day or two, then the using begins(again). I guess what an old mate said is true but, "At least ya know where i'am, I m gettin a feed every day and a roof over me head, plus heaps of shit talkers to talk shit to. And yeah...white ox aint that bad mate"

all as a minor

shoplifting :bootyshake:

assault :uzi:

cannabis cultivation :saufen2:

all in SA - all explainable as "not me!" but i dont care to as in the end who gives a F fuck

i dont because i dont even recognise the person i once was as being me

since then ive been a good boy :D

Edited by Rev

Got arrested once for telling a cop to mind his language :rolleyes: - well, the actual charge was drunk in a public place, but I hadn't had a drink for at least 24 hours. That kinda set my mood towards authorities for the next few decades. Getting clobbered at a couple of rallies really didn't help either.

Got taken in a few times for questioning in various nightclub and rave debacles, but never charged.

Got charged for a customs drug offence (importing iboga seeds), but the charges were dropped thanks to quarantine destroying the evidence (thanks guys! :P ).

Keep getting nasty letters from various government departments telling me they don't like what I do, but when it comes down to the law I am usually right on serious matters, or I quickly change things to weasle my way out of stuff :innocent_n:

I used to be pretty confrontational, but these days I prefer to be smart. I know most of the applicable laws better than the authorities, so in most cases I have nothing to worry about and yet still get to do most of what I want to do. Loopholes is where life is at :wave-finger: Mellowing more and more with age though.

3 counts fo willfull destruction bout 4 months ago (got of though hehe they didnt ahve enough evidence) :P

Nothing serious...only one encouter where we almost got done...

A night down at Palm Beach celebrating the end of semester saw us being searched by the police...they found 3 Ps. subs (the rest mysteriously vanished about 3 hours earlier :P) and some cannabis paraphernalia (with no cannabis around...strange...wonder what happened to it all? :P)...

They didn't really know what S9 was, and I was happy to keep it that way.. :wink:

Thanks for sharing guys.

I am a good boy apart from a very near miss back in my pyromaniac teenage years. All I say is thank god there wasnt a war on terror 15 years ago. I would have been fucked.

I have very regular encounters, even got fingerprinted the other day, but its all business and I am on their side concerning my work . Used to get harrassed a bit due to my transport and apperance but gee what a difference a pair of glasses and a neat haircut makes :wink: Ive actually done illegal things infront of cops and they have never said a thing. I guess it proves social engineering is real and works amazingly.

I'm mostly well behaved.

When I was 18ish the police gave me a certificate for smoking a J just outside the Metro theatre which is also just near the police station. I got to meet a sniffer dog, who while appearing friendly, ultimately betrayed me.

The cop was really good about it though. Whilst I was being processed he reassured me this wouldn't take long and I'd be back in time to enjoy the gig.

I'm mostly well behaved.

When I was 18ish the police gave me a certificate for smoking a J just outside the Metro theatre which is also just near the police station. I got to meet a sniffer dog, who while appearing friendly, ultimately betrayed me.

The cop was really good about it though. Whilst I was being processed he reassured me this wouldn't take long and I'd be back in time to enjoy the gig.

That alley is a killer ain't it :P

Like an Oasis it stands, so conveniently, for taking leaks, smoking joints, or doing both at the same time...

and then you look up...

"Central Police Station"

Only one real encounter when i was 16 living in the Country in QLD. Where smoking some sort of green herb :P at a friends unit. We had finsihed smoking put everything away in the stash spots as you do, then one mate left to go home... then no longer then 15mins after he left 3 Cops came barging in with tape recorders etc searching the place and questioning us. They said they knew we were "high" and would come down hard blah blah etc. In the end they couldnt find any solid evidence to prove there wild accusations even though they searched us and the unit funny part was we all had herb on us and utensils in the house none of which were ever found ^_^

Despite their threats we were never harrassed again for anything

Edited by Young Tripper

I have a couple of stories which have both been told here before.

Found with a pipe in my car when I was 18, made to attend counselling after my mum talked them out of charging me and taking me to court. The counsellor was a friend from uni :).

Found in possession of 300 odd grams of psilocybe mushrooms, 4 days short of a year ago. Attended court and was faced with a prosecuting officer who couldn't pronounce psilocybe. Received a $200 fine, $105 costs, and a spent conviction.

I'm a good boy now :innocent_n:.

EDIT: potentially incriminating.

Edited by twix elbert

If your after some interesting big time stories on this sort of thing have a read of the book 'Mr Nice' the autobiography of Howard Marks. Came out a while back, but still an excellent fascinating read.

...couldn't pronounce psilocybe...

do you pronounce psilocybe "sil-oh-sighb" or "sil-oh-sigh-bee"?

I like to pronounce it like this:

VeryNoisyColourScroogeII-1024.jpg

I think creative packaging solutions is always a good way to avoid scrutiny!

Some friends conceal mushrooms by keeping actives in an old store bought "swiss" mushroom tray with re-packaged clingwrap.

Watch out if you have visitors who make a bottom of the fridge stifry!

Tripitaka: LOL, nice visuals...

I think its pronounced the second one... i dont think the end 'e' is silent. You can accent either the 1st or second syllabel. 'Siloh-sighbi'

Well i have always pronounced it "sil-oh-sighb". Even if it was the wrong pronunciation it wouldnt worry me and i dont think i could change, i have been saying it that way for so long.

Young Tripper: How did the cops know you had weed in your own private house??

Passive backseat demon engine, and Rev, how did the cops know you were growing weed?

Passive backseat demon engine, and Rev, how did the cops know you were growing weed?

If i knew the answer to that, i beleive the list i provided earlier in the thread would be a great deal longer. :slap:

As usual when it comes to weed, the poolice didnt seem overly concerned and almost missed my five best ladies. For me the whole ordeal wasnt a stress it was just the following twelve months that sucked arse. i mean if you are gonna grow, you gotta deal with the worst which is either getting ripped or pinched but i think thirteen plants in a suburban backyard might be pushing it. :blush:

Strange thing was that they didnt search my house, just the yard. I was thankful too cause the fuckers can make a mess.

funny that....... 13 plants, raided on the 13th, at 1pm-1300 hours. :scratchhead:

funny that....... 13 plants, raided on the 13th, at 1pm-1300 hours. :scratchhead:

Was it a friday? Grow 10 next time mate. Were they all fully grown? I laugh at and fear how cops exaggerate the size of a plantation by numbers, or that a bag of random seeds is potentially a himalayan/afghan plot. What if you wished to grow 10 initial plants aiming for 5 personal use females (ooh err :wub: ), and they ended up flowering very heavily? How does that work with, at least, the decrimialised states law? Oh that old chestnut again - 'police discretion' :wacko:

Edited by botanika

Well you must have told someone you were growing them and they dobbed you in?

I don't know if this is a good idea, but wtf:

ongoing supply, possession, receivership..

All at once. These charges came as a conclusion to a couple of years of fast tracked self destruction. Spent just enough time away for some healthy isolation therapy and plenty of reflection, and nowhere near enough to get comfy or institutionalised. I actually eventually beat it with a suspended sentence (post remand in a maxo medical observation wing!).. and haven't committed a crime since :innocent_n:

Oh, and I was framed! :P

nothing really big. had the house searched in WA after being dobbed in on Operation Noah---which in itself is crazy, ie: that the cops can get a search warrent on an unsubstanciated "tip-off"; they found nothing.

got held for 4 hours once for returning to busk in Picadilly Circus after being told not to. saw the funniest graffiti on the holding cell wall...

"Katie Brown is a fucking bitch. She grassed me up & put me in here. But i still love her"

Edited by nabraxas

I have so far shut up about this in fear of retribution.

Even when Torsten had a thread a few years ago, similar to this one, I still shut up.

But I can't shut up forever.

So here goes:

approx 6-8 years ago, wife and I rented a little shop and started selling 2nd hand cds and records and similar...

It took off well in the first week and I thought we were onto something.

The shop was situtated opposite the local police station, which I regarded as being very safe.

In the back of the shop there was a little kitchen, and then a door which led out side to a toilet.

Just normal doors they were.

I do remember, it was melbourne Cup day, and went to open our shop, the 2nd week.

All our cds, valued around $5000 then (CDS were worth a lot more then) had been stolen along with our stereo and whatever else valuables had been in the shop.

This was all our money, everything we had, there was no reserve in the bank or so...

We always invested everything into new cds as soon as possible.

Now everything was gone.

the thieves had come in, easily, through the backdoor.

it must have been child's play to open it.

Not having the lights on in the shop at night (we were just trying to conserve energy) amde it all the easier for the thieves.

I was very frustrated and disappointed and walked over to the bottle shop next door bought a bottle of scotch and got plastered.

While I got plastered, my thoughts were like this:

"How is this possible, right opposite the police station, and everything gone just like that..."

The police came asked a few questions, took finger prints (hahaha) etc and wasn't even symphathetic.

they probably thought we'd done it for insurance fraud.

But we weren't insured at all.

The more plastered I became, the more angry I got with the police.

I hung up notes in the shop window:

"Robbed in front of police station.

Police does nothing, stands idly by..." etc etc

a few notes like that, I admit, pretty insulting to the police.

The next morning, with a terrible hangover, I walked to the shop just in time to watch a very angry looking policeman staring at the notes.

he looked like a nazi who had just found a nest of jews.

2 weeks later this plain clothes policeman walks into the shop and wants to have a look at my 2nd hand licence which hung on the wall.

Why the address wasn't updated?

Sorry sir, will do so immediately....

Can I see your books?...

well I never had a shop before, never had any courses in book-keeping, had just written down what i sold and when and how much etc.

Anyway, to the policeman it was all wrong.

A couple of months later I had to go to court and got fined 500 bucks for bad book-keeping or whatever the charge was.

needless to say, without stock and not enough money to buy decent new stock, we closed the shop after 2 months.

This incident also made a big dent in the relationship with my wife and we seperated later.

It was never found out who stole the cds of course.

What did I learn from this story?

never, not under any circumstances, insult the police....

or you'll suffer badly...

also, if you get robbed and tell the police,

it's quite likely you'll be in trouble yourself....

Edited by gomaos