The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
SaBReT00tH

Any sightings of Diplopterys cabrerana or Pausinystalia yohimbe yet??

Has anyone managed to find any Diplopterys cabrerana or Pausinystalia yohimbe plants/trees in Australia yet??

Also, has anyone got any of these to sell:

Agave tequilana (Tequila Agave)

Agave salmiana (Pulque Agave)

Astrophytum species and hybrids

Aztekium species and hybrids

Coryphantha macromeris

Echinocereus triglochidatus

Echinocactus grusonii (Golden barrel cactus)

Epithelantha micromeris species and hybrids

Hoodia species other than Gordonii

Lophophora rare species (e.g. Huizache) and hybrids

Lophophora species monstrose

Lophophora species cristate

Lophophora species bigger than 4cm diameter

Mammillaria heyderii

Obregonia Donegrii species

Stapelia Gigantea

Trichocereus atacamensis

Trichoereus terscheckii

Trichocereus species cristate

Trichocereus species monstrose

as I'm looking to buy :)

Edited by SaBReT00tH

I am pretty sure a few of these are in the shop.

Agave tequilana (Tequila Agave)- Rev was growing this i think

Agave salmiana (Pulque Agave)

Astrophytum species and hybrids- check out ebay, pm mexicali and check out azizona cactus seeds in victoria

Aztekium species and hybrids- ditto as above

Coryphantha macromeris- ditto as above

Echinocereus triglochidatus- ditto as above

Echinocactus grusonii (Golden barrel cactus)-ditto as above, there is also a site selling large golden barrels

Epithelantha micromeris species and hybrids- ditto as above

Hoodia species other than Gordonii- ditto as above, herbalistics also i believe

Lophophora rare species (e.g. Huizache) and hybrids- ditto as above, also sab

Lophophora species monstrose- never seen one myself

Lophophora species cristate- mexicali has one, cost well into many $10000

Lophophora species bigger than 4cm diameter- Most species that are not caespitose

Mammillaria heyderii- check out arizona cactus garden

Obregonia Donegrii species- check out arizona cactus garden

Stapelia Gigantea- check out arizona cactus garden

Trichocereus atacamensis- check out arizona cactus garden, sab?

Trichoereus terscheckii- Rev has plants, check out arizona cactus garden, SAB

Trichocereus species cristate- Mexicali has grandifloris, ive got pachanoi (seed was pachanoi its brothers dont look like pachanoi though) ive also got cuzcoensis, neither for sale unless the price tag is $1000 hehe

Trichocereus species monstrose- There is bridgesii monstrose, 2 sorts, SAB and rev and also bunnings, ive got a few possible monstrose, one which doesnt have monstrose look but has monstrose growth.

Yohimbe is at sab

Diplop is around but not available yet

methinks you didnt search very hard :D:D:D

Edited by teonanacatl

I have searched hard. Here is the problem with some of those locations:

- SAB: Just found Agave Tequilana and Stapelia Gigantea available at SAB but none of the other things seem to be there, only seed packets for some of them.

- Arizona cactus only sells seeds and I'm already growing some of its Aztekium/Astro/Loph seedlings but was interested in getting already established specimens

- Site selling large golden barrel cacti, I saw this last night and am thinking about getting one from there, otherwise I would just be interested in getting one smaller from somewhere else than the minimum $40 ones on there.

- With finding the tequila agaves from Rev, I'm pretty sure he said he's just started growing them from seed, so it'll be a few years before he'd have some for sale I'm guessing if that's the case.

- Diplopterys, like you said still no sign

- Pausinystalia yohimbe: No there aren't any plants/trees available at SAB like you said, only powder.

- In terms of Mexicali/Talpania/Gollumscacti I have already bought 1 or 2 things off him on ebay. Paying $45 for a 4cm Caepitosa (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42211&item=7766597609) and then receiving a 2.2cm one in the mail I was not happy. After buying the Caepitosa on Ebay and having him not reply to my emails for a month since purchase he finally replied and said sorry and that he'd throw in a suprise gift when he sent the item. Alas when I received it there was no gift and an incorrectly sized Caepitosa, being 2.2cm instead of 4cm. I have sent him about 20 emails since and he only seems to answer about 2 out of 6 questions and reply once every several emails every several weeks, which is also the same for his PMs on SAB. I also wanted to get everything sent at once from him so as to save on postage costs but alas he sent that one incorrect sized caepitosa and asked me to pay for postage by sending it back so he can send the right one out again. I know he actually does have an opportunity to get on the net and sees my emails because I've seen his activity online on other ebay items and on the SAB forum. I have also asked several times if Mexicali is Talpania and Gollumscacti because having so many names is very confusing as I don't know if I'm dealing with 1 or 3 people but every time I ask he never answers that question. I also asked him if he has any Loph Huizaches to which he replied he has 2.5-3 cm and they are $30 each. So I asked for some of those then his next email said he doesn't sell Huizaches. Contradictions and very strange responses constantly! I have absolutely NO idea WTF is going on and am very disappointed considering I was so interested in doing lots of recurring business with this guy and considering he has such a nice collection.

Edited by SaBReT00tH

I didnt realise you were after plants. Maybe try dealing with mexicali under a different user name or if anyone else has had troubles with him, i havent, then speak now.

Ebay has some of what your after from time to time, as far as mature cactus check out markets and look in your phone book for cactus sellers, or call the cactus and succulent society and ask for growers in your area.

Guest Mexicali

I have already warned you about lying and making bogus claims. I had already agreed to send you extra plants. Offer withdrawn. And just cos I don't wanna sell you any Huizaches, don't mean it's a contradiction...I just don't wanna sell them to you.

Good luck to you.

Edited by Mexicali

stuff

Edited by spudamore

WTF Mexicali?? First of all which message/email did you ever say that? And secondly tell me which word I have said incorrectly or which word is 'bogus' about the situation? I'd like to know please, as everything I've said is pure fact. I have every message/email to prove it. Like I mentioned above, you agreed you would include a bonus 'suprise' originally before you sent the wrong loph, to say sorry for not communicating to my emails for a month after the original purchase. Then when I got the incorrect loph in the mail the 'suprise' never appeared and I received a 2.2cm loph instead of the 4cm one which I paid for on ebay. You then told me to send it back (assuming I'd pay the cost) and that you'd send the 4cm one instead. I did everything in my power to keep positive and maintain a good business relationship with you, and I did not create a gigantic topic saying DO NOT DEAL WITH MEXICALI, instead I subtely mentioned it in this non-related thread after I'd given up hope of hearing back from you, in the hope someone can findout what's going wrong with the communication. Mexicali I really can't believe in that reply above that you are attacking ME for your neglect, incompetence and inconsiderate and downright rude manner in your business dealings and frankly I'm appalled that you have the nerve to do that and that you treat your customers in that way. Additionally using the false defence that someone is a 'liar' or 'bogus' is a weak pathetic excuse considering every word I've said is truth.

Edited by SaBReT00tH

spud - we have them every now and then. usually we get them in early summer and sell out by late summer. they don't survive our winters, so we never keep any here after about april.

I still have not received the 4cm Loph I paid for from Mexicali/Talpania/Gollumscacti and he ignored my request to post already won items altogether and didn't send them, despite the fact that I'd already won the auctions for them on ebay. Since then I have spoken to other ebay members about their experiences in buying from him and this is what they have said:

and I quote:

First person:

"i had problem with talpania too.. hes had double account with gollumscacti.. i spent $50 on several items yet i havent got them til now and it been like a months.. he left negative comment on me what a prick.. seriously i never gona buy anything from him nemore.. he just one of bad seed.. so not fair.. have a nice day dude."

Second person:

"Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. I hadn't had any problems with him until my last purchase. I did get the seeds eventually but you're right about him not answering emails etc. Regards"

I have also already received 2 now major complaints about him in PM's from two different SAB member who shall remain nameless. One of them also said he was warned about the behaviour and previous bad dealings with Mexicali.

Edited by SaBReT00tH

Guest Mexicali

I still have not received the 4cm Loph I paid for from Mexicali/Talpania/Gollumscacti and he ignored my request to post already won items altogether and will didn't send them, despite the fact that I'd already won the auctions for them on ebay. Since then I have spoken to other ebay members about their experiences in buying from him and this is what they have said:

and I quote:

First person:

"i had problem with talpania too.. hes had double account with gollumscacti.. i spent $50 on several items yet i havent got them til now and it been like a months.. he left negative comment on me what a prick.. seriously i never gona buy anything from him nemore.. he just one of bad seed.. so not fair.. have a nice day dude."

Second person:

"Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. I hadn't had any problems with him until my last purchase. I did get the seeds eventually but you're right about him not answering emails etc. Regards"

I have also already received a minor complaint about him in a PM from an SAB member who shall remain nameless.

[/quo

I'm tired of your shite...I have proof that I send you the plants. I even have proof from YOU telling me that you have received them - EVEN THE FREEBIE! If you were unhappy, I asked you to send them back...but you can't expect to get THREE FREE PLANTS without returning any of them.

So far as your 'transcript' goes, it is proof of what a cunning sonofabitch you are, bevcause you didn't even pay for the items and left negative feedback! The items were sold to you on the 17th June and on the 19th June you wrote all that bullshit in your feedback. I warned you about talking shite and lying about people. I have your name, email and home address and you'll be hearing from my lawyer. I'm looking forward to your spending the rest of your life working for me in order to pay off the debt incurred for defamation of character.

So far as other people complaining, I had a perfect feedback until you arrived....I KNEW there was a reason I had blocked you from buying anything before...I thought you'd changed but not matter how many times you clean your ass, you will still smell like an asshole.

Talpania/Mexicali/GollumsCacti/ now known as Horticultural_contortions on ebay:

As mentioned above I already mentioned that you sent me a 2.2cm Loph instead of the 4cm one. You then said you'd send me the 4cm Loph I originally PAID $45 for and you said I can keep the original one, but YET AGAIN as received in my mail this morning this next loph was NOT the 4cm I had paid for. Instead it was 3.4cm, thin and frail, and had 0.5cm high worth of flesh, the rest being root, not like the large plump 4cm flowering one I paid for in the item photo and description. If someone pays for something and you FRAUDULENTLY describe it incorrectly in your ebay description and I pay for something which TWO TIMES I do not receive then I have every right to be angry. In terms of other people complaining I've showed you exactly what they said so words speak for themselves.

Secondly, if you say you don't like the negative feedback yet you are a HYPOCRITE because you left me negative feedback afterwards claiming you sent me the item I paid for when indeed you did not send me the correct one.

In terms of the other two items which I won on Ebay you said you would not send them to me because you didn't want to do business with me and thus I have not paid for them yet because why would I pay for something I won't receive. Yes I could yell thousands of swear words at your Mexicali being the angry customer but I have a lot more maturity than that and hopefully people can see your character for additionally themselves by witnessing your abuse at your own incompetence. I have nothing to worry about as I've been honest in what I've written here, but shall I challenge you in claiming defamation for defaming me as being 'bogus' or a 'liar' because I sincerely don't believe anything I've said is anything but truth. On the contrary, YOU are the liar for not sending me what I paid for TWICE, and also lying about offering Huizaches for sale and then saying you don't have any. Additionally you wrote in your ebay feedback reply that your excuse for IGNORING my ebay messages and emails was that you were 'in hospital' yet you still had the time to contribute to posting on SAB, answering ebay customers questions (as published on some of your item descriptions for sale), AND offer new items on ebay for sale, and yet you did not have the 'time' to reply to any of my messages.

Plus there are MANY ebay rules you've broken: fraud through misrepresented items, abuse/flamming, offering items for sale outside ebay (messaging me saying you 'prefer' to do business outside ebay because it's easier), fraud through using two identities when only one is allowed, and refusal to send items when I'd already won them (saying you no longer wanted to do business with me after your failure to send the correct sized Loph in the original purchase). But I will leave it there and have no more association with you, Karma will sort itself out.

Edited by SaBReT00tH

Guest Mexicali
Talpania/Mexicali/GollumsCacti/ now known as Horticultural_contortions on ebay:

As mentioned above I already mentioned that you sent me a 2.2cm Loph instead of the 4cm one. You then said you'd send me the 4cm Loph I originally PAID $45 for and you said I can keep the original one, but YET AGAIN as received in my mail this morning this next loph was NOT the 4cm I had paid for.

You paid for one four cm and you received 2 that make up a total of 9cm. Stop whingeing

Instead it was 3.4cm, thin and frail, and had 0.5cm high worth of flesh, the rest being root, not like the large plump 4cm flowering one I paid for in the item photo and description.

During winter plants go dormant so you can't expect it to look the same way it looked in a photo taken during summer. Stop whingeing.

If someone pays for something and you FRAUDULENTLY describe it incorrectly in your ebay description and I pay for something which TWO TIMES I do not receive then I have every right to be angry.

You paid for something once and you received two plants. I asked you before, if you were unhappy to return them for a refund, but you chose to keep both of them AND demand more on top. Stop whingeing.

In terms of other people complaining I've showed you exactly what they said so words speak for themselves.

Don't try to make a big deal out of this by bringing other people in. I told you, if you were unhappy, send the plants back and I'll refund you. You chose to keep everything, demand for more AND bitch publicly. Stop being a child. Stop whingeing.

Secondly, if you say you don't like the negative feedback yet you are a HYPOCRITE because you left me negative feedback afterwards claiming you sent me the item I paid for when indeed you did not send me the correct one.

YOU got what you deserved. You stated in the feedback that you didn't receive the plant. I have an email from you PROVING that you have received the plant. When someone lies blatantly like you have there are consequences. Defammation of character is not to be taken lightly. Your email has been forwarded to Ebay Security along with a copy of your feedback. I have a good mind to pursue this further with legal action....IF YOU DON'T STOP WHINGEING!!!

In terms of the other two items which I won on Ebay you said you would not send them to me because you didn't want to do business with me and thus I have not paid for them yet because why would I pay for something I won't receive.

You decided not to pay for items, that's your business and it's not acceptable. I don't have to deal with this, cos Ebay will deal with it. Stop coming up with excuses for your poor behaviour....AND stop whingeing

Yes I could yell thousands of swear words at your Mexicali being the angry customer but I have a lot more maturity than that and hopefully people can see your character for additionally themselves by witnessing your abuse at your own incompetence.

Your level of maturity is exemplified by your actions. Stop flooding the forum with your whingeing. If you were mature, you would have returned the plants like I asked you, received your refund and went your merry way.

I have nothing to worry about as I've been honest in what I've written here, but shall I challenge you in claiming defamation for defaming me as being 'bogus' or a 'liar' because I sincerely don't believe anything I've said is anything but truth.

There is no truth in leaving feedback that you didn't receive the item that you profess (in this forum) to have already obtained.

On the contrary, YOU are the liar for not sending me what I paid for TWICE, and also lying about offering Huizaches for sale and then saying you don't have any. Additionally you wrote in your ebay feedback reply that your excuse for IGNORING my ebay messages and emails was that you were 'in hospital' yet you still had the time to contribute to posting on SAB, answering ebay customers questions (as published on some of your item descriptions for sale), AND offer new items on ebay for sale, and yet you did not have the 'time' to reply to any of my messages.

People who know me know that I have a partner who runs things for me when I travel or am othewrwise indisposed, i.e. hospital. There's also such a thing as laptops you can use when you are not at home. The fact that I didn't wanna deal with your whingeing AT hospital (hence not answering) is an indication that your emails were bad for my health. I replied to you once I was ready to deal with your childish behaviour. Silly me to try and reason with a brick wall

Plus there are MANY ebay rules you've broken: fraud through misrepresented items,

I asked you to send it back but you chose to keep them. Ain't no fraud committed. Learn the LAW

abuse/flamming,

ain't no abuse committed. I warned you what would happen if you pursued this and now you'll hear from my lawyer. I'll have no further contact with your sorry :bootyshake:

offering items for sale outside ebay (messaging me saying you 'prefer' to do business outside ebay because it's easier),

YOUR email CLEARLY states that you instigated sales outside ebay by making the offer...I just complied.

fraud through using two identities when only one is allowed,

lol Learn the rules...you can have as many accounts as you want.

and refusal to send items when I'd already won them (saying you no longer wanted to do business with me after your failure to send the correct sized Loph in the original purchase).

Stop whingeing. I sent you the items, I sent you extras, it would be a blessing if I never came across you again. I HAD banned you...you BEGGED to be able to buy again...now I BAN you again from ALL my stores (I have more than the two you mentioned...why?....because I CAN

But I will leave it there and have no more association with you, Karma will sort itself out.

No, LAWYERS will sort this out. You ain't getting away from publicly defamming me and affecting my business simply through 'karma'. I look forward to your working a lifetime inorder to pay back your legal debts. ALSO, STOP WHINGEING!!!

Mexicali what you sent me: 2.2cm + 3.4cm = 5.6cm not 9cm I think you need to use a better ruler that's in centimetres! You said I paid for something once and I received two plants in the end, (still the wrong lengths) and that you asked me to send the first one back, to which I replied why are you asking me to pay for the postage, as I expected you to pay for my return postage due to your NEGLIGENCE. If you had said sure send it back and you'll pay for postage then I would have sent it back, instead I offered to buy the smaller one aswell so as not to waste postage costs. I also never demanded any more on top, simply my 4cm one as bought from ebay in the picture. Also, I never received the 4cm plant as in the item description, instead it was a 2.2cm + 3.4cm which I am now leaving even though the whole point I bid on the item was because I wanted a large Loph not piddly small ones. Ebay security? Haha, I forwarded your actions to ebay security days ago. You never sent me any correspondance at all, let alone any info of you being in hospital, and why'd you putup items for sale if you were going to hospital and couldn't deal with sending them out, let alone sending the PROPER ones out? Don't you think your original message is the instigation and that I was complying? In terms of banning I tried to bid and you blocked me and said its a problem with the system, I had never bought anything off you before, and you said can you unban me so I can bid on your item and you did so.

Edited by SaBReT00tH

not knowing all the fact about this, but having had dealings with both parties here I don't really want to get involved, however there are some glaring business errors here that need to be addressed on both sides.

Mexicali - you stated

During winter plants go dormant so you can't expect it to look the same way it looked in a photo taken during summer.

This should not be any of your customer's concern. if you advertise a picture of a plump 5cm loph, then you can't send a 4cm dormant one without first getting the agreement of the customer. This is in fact false advertising claim. It might seem trivial, but that's the law.

Sabretooth - if you feel that an item supplied to you is not 'as advertised' then you have the right to demand a refund. You can also make other arrangements as long as BOTH parties agree. And this is really where things have gone wrong for both of you. Mexicali assumed that two undesized lophs make up well over the value of the full size loph, but obviously your priorities are different to this and that's why you are both going overboard.

Mexicali - if sabretooth wants a plant identical to the description and the picture then that is his right. you can send him 10 undersized lophs and he can still demand a full sized one unless you have a written agreement from him that he will be happy with two undersized lophs.

You guys are both throwing around legal issues neither of you seem to have a grasp of. Let me tell you from experience that this sort of messy trading looks really bad in court and the only winners in the whole thing will be the lawyers.

My recommendation here is that sabretooth sends ALL disputed items back to mexicali and mexicali issues a full refund. You then contact ebay and agree to mutually remove your bad feedback. Alternatively you can continue this nastiness, but from what I see here I would think that sabretooth will win this one if he has pics and evidence to document the items etc. That all depends on the correspondence though as sabretooth may well have agreed to certain things that I am unaware of.

sort it out guys!

After receiving the second Loph this morning (3.4cm one) in addition to the first 2.2cm one I was disappointed and annoyed that I hadn't received the 4cm one from the item description for the second time but am content with keeping them and leaving it at that.

Edited by SaBReT00tH

Plant Love! grow the Lophs out and post the pics for all to admire. Could be worse you could live in Timor!

Diplopterys from Amazing Nature

cabrerana4.gif

Edited by Tripitaka

Just for the record:

When D. Cabrerana is available, please count me in. :)

Edited by Pelinster

it'd be awesome if people in FNQ could propagate wild plantations of it in the rainforest!! (provided it's not invasive) Think of the possibilities!!

I am not getting involved in a fight that really doesnt concern me but what i can say is that i have had many dealings with mexicali, both through ebay and privately and I have never had any problems, in fact i have recieved many extras at no charge due to repeat business. His plants have always been extremely healthy and exactly as described.

Regardless of whats occuring here I still give him 100% support and will continue to do business with him.

As for filling the forums with crap I think you should sort out your differences privately and stop involving a communty that this has nothing to do with.

Enjoy your plants for what they are.

Peace

Guest Mexicali
not knowing all the fact about this, but having had dealings with both parties here I don't really want to get involved, however there are some glaring business errors here that need to be addressed on both sides.

You are more than welcome, you own this place

Mexicali - you stated

During winter plants go dormant so you can't expect it to look the same way it looked in a photo taken during summer.

This should not be any of your customer's concern. if you advertise a picture of a plump 5cm loph, then you can't send a 4cm dormant one without first getting the agreement of the customer. This is in fact false advertising claim. It might seem trivial, but that's the law.

As you know, I grow Lophies in the thousands and unless I state that "you are bidding for the plant pictured", one can't assume that the plant will look identical to the photo. Most sellers on Ebay use photos of other people's plants in order to sell their items, but I use MY plants because I have them. As I'm busy, I don't always take photos of single plants...I use of a photo of what the plant looked like in summer and what IT WILL look like in summer.

He was told to send it back or to get a refund. He decided NOT to go for the refund and to complain about the plants anyway. So I told him to send back BOTH plants, to which he still opted FOR retaining the plants. And then he went on Ebay and left feedback that he never received his plant! Dude, "if you're unhappy, send them back", that's all! I don't see why I have to ALSO pay for the postage of HIS sending them back! That's a bit demanding. You tell me Torst, If you are unhappy with a product you buy at your local market and you return it to them, do you ask them to pay for the petrol it cost you to drive and return it? How friggin' ridiculous is that!!!!

Mexicali - if sabretooth wants a plant identical to the description and the picture then that is his right. you can send him 10 undersized lophs and he can still demand a full sized one unless you have a written agreement from him that he will be happy with two undersized lophs.

After all this shite, he ain't getting no plants, 4,5,8 or 15 cm! Send them back in the GOOD condition they are in (because I DO take photos of the plants as I pack them...I'd been warned about tricksters like him so I was prepared when I started this Ebay thinng...hence the Registered or Express post for the proof...you never know...if the plants weren't sent through Express where the parcel id was recoded, he could be stitching me for another extra plant) and he'll get his refund. I don't have the time to deal with...you know what....

My recommendation here is that sabretooth sends ALL disputed items back to mexicali and mexicali issues a full refund. You then contact ebay and agree to mutually remove your bad feedback. Alternatively you can continue this nastiness, but from what I see here I would think that sabretooth will win this one if he has pics and evidence to document the items etc. That all depends on the correspondence though as sabretooth may well have agreed to certain things that I am unaware of.

Of course he can take photos of the plants when he has them there and he can do whatever he wants with them. On Ebay, THESE items specified NO REFUND OFFERRED. He is a LUCKY_KID that I still consider offerring him a refund after all this!. So far as removing the feedback,I'm sure he too wants mine removed so that is something that both of WILL consider at some time or other, whether we want to or not.

sort it out guys!

I'm tired of this...I don't see why this has happened in a public forum. I certainly don't see what it has to do with this topic! Thanks for your advice...

Edited by Mexicali

the thread is in the seed/plant exchange as its where people buy/sell plants and discuss what they're looking for. I did just that and when someone suggested I try looking for the plants I was after from you I told them the problem you considering I gaveup because of your unheard replies. Mexicali YOU are the trickster so don't dare try and make me out to be. 'Bid with confidence my ass'. Jack, good luck to you. As mentioned before it was a coincidence that this argument was formed in the forum, as Mexicali had ignored his messages and his name was brought up coincidentally in this thread. Mexicali if you're not selling what's in the photo of your item them say that in your description. I bought the item solely on the purpose of the photo appealing to me and assuming this is what I would receive. By the way nowhere in the item: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...item=7766597609 does it say no refund given as Mexicali just claimed.

Anyway back to the positives of the topic, as mentioned in the beginning I have now found an AWESOME alternate source for buying some of the cacti I was looking for:

8cm and 10cm pots

Agave salmiana v. ferox (Agave for making Pulque) $7

Astrophytum asterias $8

Astrophytum asterias fma nudum $10

A. asterias “SUPERKABUTO” heavy flecking $15 $21 (8cm and 10cm)

A. asterias “SUPERKABUTO” medium flecking $12 $18 (8cm and 10cm)

Astrophytum myriostigma $5

Astrophytum myriostigma fma quadricostatum $7

Astrophytum myriostigma v. potosinum $5

Astrophytum capricorne x “SUPERKABUTO” $12

this guy is in one of the cactus societies in Australia, and you can order online so if anyone else is interested please PM me and I'll give you his details. :)

Edited by SaBReT00tH

i havent bought any cactus of mex on ebay but in the non ebay world of trade i have had no problems at all with him nice plants some bigger than stated and some nice surprises thrown in. a week after arrival which the plants were neatly and safely packed. heaps helpfull too when my cactus developed a problem with a pesky mite he sent me some medicine for it due to me living in remote area unable to get nursery goodies. i reccomend any one looking for some nice lophs to talk to mexicalli i had no problems at all he has been more helpful than he needs to be :)

Jack, I think there is no better place than the trading forum to deal with trading complaints within this community regarless of whether they happened here or elsewhere. The main reason why I think this is because this is the only place where both parties are likely to be well know and the incident can't be seen in isolation (as it is often done on ebay). We know mexicali is a good supplier and we know sabretooth is a good buyer/trader. But even the best traders/sellers/buyers can get into misunderstandings and in such a case it is a community like this one where these things can be sorted out.

I must admit I didn't like the style of either of these hotheads, but those in glasshouses probably shouldn't throw stones :blush:

As you know, I grow Lophies in the thousands and unless I state that "you are bidding for the plant pictured", one can't assume that the plant will look identical to the photo.

Yes, you are correct. And if you made no reference to the size and to the picture then you have no obligation to supply a plant that looks like the picture. I just don't know whether or not you did make such a reference. Sabretooth seems to imply so. Please clarify - both of you. I can't see any such statement re the picture on any current listings, but I do see size references on some listings!

You see, this is really not a big problem. Trade is governed by many many laws and as long as one isn't out to scam the other (which neither of you would be I presume) then we should be able to sort this out rationally and factually.

I know that mexicali is a good seller, but I also know that sabretooth is quite a patient buyer (I've just had my own problem with an order of his and he has been VERY patient).

Most sellers on Ebay use photos of other people's plants in order to sell their items, but I use MY plants because I have them. As I'm busy, I don't always take photos of single plants...I use of a photo of what the plant looked like in summer and what IT WILL look like in summer.

There are 2 issues here.

1) did the listing state the size?

2) did the listing state that the item pictured is the item the buyer is bidding on?

If the listing stated one or both then the seller has to comply. if it doesn't state it then the buyer has no right to make a claim.

He was told to send it back or to get a refund. He decided NOT to go for the refund and to complain about the plants anyway. So I told him to send back BOTH plants, to which he still opted FOR retaining the plants. And then he went on Ebay and left feedback that he never received his plant! Dude, "if you're unhappy, send them back", that's all! I don't see why I have to ALSO pay for the postage of HIS sending them back! That's a bit demanding. You tell me Torst, If you are unhappy with a product you buy at your local market and you return it to them, do you ask them to pay for the petrol it cost you to drive and return it? How friggin' ridiculous is that!!!!

OK, this is a bit more complex. If the item is *substantially* different from the listing then the seller has to cover ALL costs (incl return shipping). The costs only fall on the buyer if the return is due to him changing his mind, or due to the item being claimed undder warranty. If the seller mails out the wrong item (ie one of the wrong size) then the cost has to be paid by the seller.

As for why Sabre isn't happy after receiving a second plant, it might be anal, but if he wanted a 5cm plant, bid on a 5cm plant (as per listing), received a 4cm first plant, and then insists on a 5cm plant being sent to him and gets another 4cm plant, he is within his rights to demand a 5cm plant (although personally I'd just be happy to have scored a second plant and leave it at that).

Obviously there are lots of ifs and buts in here which we are not privvy to, but both of you would know exactly what the facts are.

After all this shite, he ain't getting no plants, 4,5,8 or 15 cm! Send them back in the GOOD condition they are in .... and he'll get his refund. I don't have the time to deal with...you know what....

Fact of doing retail is that you indeed DO HAVE TO deal with 'you know what' to resolve these things. I've had bored customers call fair trading on me for less than this!

The only way to resolve this permanently is to do so according to the law. Otherwise you guys will bitch about each other at some stage in the future I am sure. If it is resolved according to the legal status then at least you know where you stand. if one of you THEN decides to be gracious for the sake of convenience or harmony, THEN feel free to come to a further agreement. But to at this stage bury the issue means both sides will feel wronged, whereas sorting it out will hopefully lead to boths sides feeling they gained something.

Of course he can take photos of the plants when he has them there and he can do whatever he wants with them.

I recommend photos in all disputes and on all sides. Not for your sake or his sake, but to make it easier for an abiter to get a good udnerstanding of the situation.

On Ebay, THESE items specified NO REFUND OFFERRED.

Most of your other items offer a guarantee. I guess you don't for Lophs?

There are laws governing refunds and if the seller is required to provide a refudn by law then no 'no refund' notice will do him any good. In fact, blanket 'no refund' notices are illegal in all states!!

So far as removing the feedback,I'm sure he too wants mine removed so that is something that both of WILL consider at some time or other, whether we want to or not.

I think once we know who took the first wrong turn all this will unravel by itself and you will both be glad to wipe the slate clean.

I'm tired of this...I don't see why this has happened in a public forum. I certainly don't see what it has to do with this topic!

I've already stated at the top of this post why I think it is good to have it in a public forum within this community. Think of it the other way round. Many folks here know who you are on ebay. They go and read the nasty feedback and decide not to buy from you there, nor to trade with you here. At least now they know the issue isn't as clear cut and they also know you are a well respected trader and supplier.

But yeah, you are right about this being the wrong topic. There are not many threads on this forum that don't go off topic eventually ;)

Hi Tort,

as can be seen here http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...item=7766597609

the item says 4cm and is RIGHT under the picture in large letters.

Directly below is a pic of what I meant about the second Loph having 0.5 high worth of flesh, looking like 'half a loph' in height. On the left and right you can see my other Lophs which were bought from other buyers, and circled in the middle you can see the half loph, with almost looks like it's flesh has rotted underneath. I believe he chose this Loph in particular on purpose to send to me because I had complained about him sending me the wrong one at the start and about him ignoring my messages. He did this spiteful act in addition to purposelly sending it straight away when I had asked him to send it with the other items I had won from him on ebay to save postage costs. Thus he wanted me to pay and lose as much money as possible and make it as hard for me as possible.

dsc086881ko.th.jpg

Here you can see what normal Loph look like in the ground, and then you can see what the 'half loph' (2nd one Mexicali sent me) looks like. It's like it has no bottom.

dsc086916ii.th.jpg

Here's proof that none of them were 4cm. At the top is one of my 4cm lophs bought from someone else (circled in black) and on the bottom right is Mexicali's 2nd Loph (circled in red)

dsc086902bb.th.jpg

Additionally, ANOTHER SAB member has PM'd me with something interesting.

They wrote 'If you check out ebay at the moment you will see a loph that is being sold by mex/tal/gollumscacti it states that this cactus is around 7 -8 cm a 10cm pot. But if you look at the measuring tape that he is using to measure the plant you will notice that the pot is well under 9cms(the pot size is more like 8.5cms). The plant is about 1cm either side from the pot so how can it be the size he states. Something is not right here!'

The item he seems to be referring to is:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RARE-CACTUS-LOPHOPH...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by SaBReT00tH