The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
PD.

Bargain TBM's

On a family outing today i noticed a very small nusery just up the road and had to go check it out.

On the first stand as i walked in was heaps of tiny cacti all for $1 each, in amongst them i found these.

post-1464-1149916564_thumb.jpg

The one on the right is a little sad, even though the soil is wet the the main part of it is severely dehydrated.

Would bare rooting and a bit of dry warm air remedy this problem, or something else?

These are my first tbm's so any help is greatly appreciated.

Img_0134.jpg

Img_0134.jpg

On a family outing today i noticed a very small nusery just up the road and had to go check it out.

On the first stand as i walked in was heaps of tiny cacti all for $1 each, in amongst them i found these.

post-1464-1149916564_thumb.jpg

The one on the right is a little sad, even though the soil is wet the the main part of it is severely dehydrated.

Would bare rooting and a bit of dry warm air remedy this problem, or something else?

These are my first tbm's so any help is greatly appreciated.

Nice find! Looks like bridgeseii to me, and you have a rare 4-ribbed guy!

I wouldn't worry about drying out the roots, but I would get them out of those piddly pots asap, and very gently break up their rootballs before putting into slightly larger pots (10cm). They should pull through. I'm no expert so no doubt I'll be corrected if this is the wrong thing to do.

Yeah iam gonig to repot, i was just wondering if i should let the dehydrated one dry a bit before i do this because it is saturated.(like most nusery cacti)

The larger of the two is fine and the soil is JUST damp, so he gets a new home straight away.

I'd be inclined to take the one on the right out to inspect the roots and then repot both in spring.