The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiders

Lemon juice increases severity of mushroom intoxication

Interesting....

A friend tried some "tea" last night, and to improve the flavour he added some orange juice. Now i know it is a lemon juice experiment but i had completely forgotten about this (shroomery)thread until now.

12 medium sized subs were used for his tea. It was not boiled, but allowed to heat gradually in a hot water bath over an hour. Another friend consumed an equal amount of fresh subs without preparing them in any manner(other than the obligatory clean).

The tea was not an intense trip and he reported it was extremely mild, the other friend however seemed to enjoy his journey.

I guess there are alot of variables with this experiment and it was orange juice not lemon juice so they will have to do it again.

personally i prefer my produce fresh.

*double post*

Edited by phleb

Mr_Horse_GI.gif"No sir, I don't like it"

Oh and Bluemeanie I love your music, top stuff especially the Desert Oak mp3. When's the CD out??

Some pretty big mushies in this pic, sling one over your shoulder!!

post-1574-1148383016_thumb.jpg

Edited by tomte

tomte, I would love to see the other pictures that make up the set started by your avatar and the one you just posted. Awesome :)

didn't really read the thread, had a quick glimpse.

Isn't this just a case of converting to citrate salts? More stability and faster absorbtion via citrate tea and not a case of potentiation?

thats what i would have thought, ut people are claiming that they level 5'd off fucking tiny doses of cubensis mixed with lemon juice - weird...

Tomte - feeling discontected with your body can occur from a hig dosage of mushrooms - but for me ego loss is being in a situation where you cant even think enough to realise that your losing physical contact with your body - about just complete bombardment of the brain i guess.

was that 2 grams of subs or cubies?

Cheers about the music - cd has been out for a while - new, far better ones are coming soon.

L8ly, when consuming shrooms have got into the habit of choping them up finely and mixing with about 1/2 glass of whatever fruit juice is around, then downing like a shoot... feel this is the best way to not taste them. dont feel that it potentiates the ettects at all. However, a good friend of mine, when consuming them in this way, has found that they hit him much quicker (like, within 10mins! compared to 30-120min for me at the same time/dose/method), and harder. This has mostly been with orange/tropical juice, but also apple... will have to try with something lemony or cranberryey.

ok, spur of the moment after writing my last post last night decided to dig into a stash, 3.5g dry cubs suspended in bottled lemonade drink bought from the supermarket (ingredients, ~20% lemon juice). Chopped up fine let them soak for about 15min, then downed. And HOLY SHIT, a definite level 5 experience, heavier than any other with cubs, even from much higher doses!!!!!! :P:P:P

Have only had similar experiences from subs not cubs, totally amazing!!!! Go the lemon juice people!

Edited by hairyplant

Wow this really does sound very interesting, will have too experiement with it sometime in the near future. I think it would be very promising with a tea/infusion which always seem to be a deffinate stronger way of ingesting. friends have reported the same effects of 2grams (subs) eaten fresh as half that amount made into a tea/infusion. Tea is the way too go ^_^

Wow this really does sound very interesting, will have too experiement with it sometime in the near future. I think it would be very promising with a tea/infusion which always seem to be a deffinate stronger way of ingesting. friends have reported the same effects of 2grams (subs) eaten fresh as half that amount made into a tea/infusion. Tea is the way too go ^_^

I reakon that it maybe increases the speed of the come on and also prolongs the effects, which could be construde by sum as increased intoxication. But if ur thinkin that it potentiates it, then I would not agree.

True Naja From reading the thread on the shroomery it would seem most seem to think it potentiates somewhat.. i have no idea i can only speculate on such matters until i get around to testing the theory :P All very interesting tho, If people wish to go deeper definatly go the tea infusion the effects are amazing to that of dried/eaten shrooms - comes on alot quicker and seems to be more potent maybe due to the rapid onset?

perhaps the citrus makes it easier to absorb and so you absorb a larger amount fater, thus intensifying the trip but reducing the length? i think i remember smogs telling me once that it increase the rate of chemical reaction from psilocibin to psilocin....or something. i havent done any organic chem.

Yeah i did some reading of this quite some time ago and it does sound rather interesting. The best analogy i could gather was the fact that the lemon juice some what pre-digests the mushrooms allowing for a much quicker onset. (which should really lower the duration in theory)

but for me ego loss is being in a situation where you cant even think enough to realise that your losing physical contact with your body - about just complete bombardment of the brain i guess.

I hear you bluemeanie, you just kind of slip out of existance. :huh:

What do people think about the hypothesis that a hot or warm tea brings on the shrooms quicker due to the heat increasing vasodilation and thus digestion?

Edited by puffingfish

one must also consider the dilution of gastric juices that occurs when consuming a tea, which slows digestion.

Norepinephrine vasodilates anyway - when the psilocin intoxication begins, massive amounts of norepinephrine are released (well relatively massive) and this causes vasodilation.

What do people think about the hypothesis that a hot or warm tea brings on the shrooms quicker due to the heat increasing vasodilation and thus digestion?
I think it's more to do with it already being half-extracted.

You could kinda think of it like the time on the stove replaces the time churning in your stomach to get the goodies out.

ok that's interesting.

i'm also interested in the release of norepinephrine. What effects does this have on the individual?

I reakon that it maybe increases the speed of the come on and also prolongs the effects, which could be construde by sum as increased intoxication. But if ur thinkin that it potentiates it, then I would not agree.

I would agree with this, centianly the speed of come on and intitial intensity of the trip. In terms of potentiation I can not be certian, and needs further testing. Wish I had done more organic chemistry.

Wish I had done more organic chemistry.

Never too late to learn :wink:

so anyone here added ascorbic aciid to a blue mushrom tea?

turns it tawny again

so what is it?

teh citric acid

the ascorbic acid

or other

the first 2 are easily tested

i put my dollar on the ascorbic

anyone ground up a no-doz with shrooms?

works with other compounds

Never too late to learn :wink:

:) yeah, i should re-phrase as i wish i had the time and the patience to learn more organic chemistry... too many hobbies, so few hours!

The ascorbic acid/vit c test will be pending soon! I had good results with lipton lemon tea bags, similar to my first post in this thread