The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
shroomer_nick

Victorian Acacia

I was wondering if somong could point me in the right direction as to the most common type(s) of Acacia

around the melbourne area that contains DMT. I am new to Acacia and have been reading up on it as of

recently, and i would like to go on an Acacia hunt with a good friend of mine, we just cant seem to find any

information regarding DMT species around the Melbourne area.. this might be a stupid question to

you 'acasia heads' but oh well, you have to start somewhere! cheers

A. Maidenii

A. Obtusifolia

A. Longifolia

A. Phlebophylla (mostly on Mt Buffalo)

Are you sure A. longifolia is useful?

I've heard reports to the contrary somewhere in my reading.

Can anyone confirm?

wow, you really know your shit! thankyou!

Erowid, The Lycaeum and other assorted entobotanical sites believe so.

wow, you really know your shit! thankyou!
lol thanks, not a problem :)

obviously when i have some of this tree i will look up extraction methods and such, but when i do find one, what part of the tree should i take, i know the leaves, flowers and bark contain dmt (probly the whole thing does), but what part contains the most and is best suitable for extraction?

Bark is generally most potent.

In the Phlebophylla, though, the phyllodes (leaves) are the way to go.

Leaves of many specieas have HCN in them, requires AB extraction to remove

Literature states Longifolia has actives, but not many people have had luck, similar with Maidenii.

Taking bark can ringbark a tree and kill it :(

Phlebophllya are rare and its not very pq to use it as a source due its rareity, so leave that one alone

Obtusifolia is best, find a dyeing tree, but I believe thay are becoming rarer too :(

Try longifolia leaves, get a couple of KG and let us know the results!

Its probly best to order some seeds or plants and grow em, rather than go looking. That way you wont get the species wrong (they all look alike to an untrained eye), and you wont be taxing off the national park (or whatever). They all grow fast when there in the ground.

www.worldwidewattle.com is a good id site.

Pity that site doesn't have one picture of an Australian psychoactive acacia :blush:

In the Phlebophylla, though, the phyllodes (leaves) are the way to go.

Foolsbreath mentioned it but I thought I should back it up

A. phlebophylla is a rare and threatened species. It should not be used for DMT production, and even walking through it's habitat could assist in the dispersal of fungal pathogens. This species shouldn't even be mentioned in response to a question like this.

There is pages and pages of info on this topic here, use the search engine and do some reading. All of your questions will be answered easily. If you do a very small amount of taxonomic research on the interesting species you will have your foot in the door to learning a lot more.

This is a picture of A. maidenii, it will tell you a lot about what you are looking for

076_2.jpg

i haev seen that photos many times

i am cuirous about that photo

when i look at it

i see hte phyllodes are quite thick

but when i go otuside and look at my plant i notice the phyllodes to be thin

do they get thicker and darker as they get older?

or are there many different varieties of maidenii

Foolsbreath mentioned it but I thought I should back it up

A. phlebophylla is a rare and threatened species. It should not be used for DMT production, and even walking through it's habitat could assist in the dispersal of fungal pathogens.

Yep totally agreed.

Don't take this one from it's natural habitat.

can anyone ID this???

its not much, but i didn't want to take much!

post-1565-1147859956_thumb.jpg

post-1565-1147859977_thumb.jpg

can anyone ID this???

There is something close to 1000 species of Acacia in Australia

you will need to give much more information if you want an ID.

Location, habitat, general appearance, flower type (very important, but maybe not possible at this time of year). And take your photos in better light so the veination on the leaves is more visible.

no worries!

i'll post again tommorow with flix of the plant, flower type (if there is any on it) and stuff

i live in the eastern suburbs of melbourne if that helps, ringwood croydon lillydale area

that plant is only out the front of my house but i noticed it was acacia so i thought wat the heck..

i cant take shots now as it is dark :(

thanks anyway dude

Try longifolia leaves, get a couple of KG and let us know the results!

I would be a little careful with that one.

can anyone ID this???

its not much, but i didn't want to take much!

prob A sophorae by fisrt glance and your locality

also

creach

that a maidenii

that stuff is so common round here

so common that the farmers bitch about having to cut so much of it down and it resuckering

too bad its not active

at least in a useful way

no worries!

i'll post again tommorow with flix of the plant, flower type (if there is any on it) and stuff

i live in the eastern suburbs of melbourne if that helps, ringwood croydon lillydale area

that plant is only out the front of my house but i noticed it was acacia so i thought wat the heck..

i cant take shots now as it is dark :(

thanks anyway dude

why's that?

creach

that a maidenii

that stuff is so common round here

so common that the farmers bitch about having to cut so much of it down and it resuckering

too bad its not active

at least in a useful way

bummer

I haven't worked with maidenii at all, just pulled that photo off google to demonstrate general taxonomic features of interest.

i say not useful because at least 3 tests by somebody other than me bring up traces but nothing useful

and there is phenomenal variation in form here amongst what is called maidenii or 'sally wattle'

(and yes it is is def not melanoxylon it is the maidenii cluster)

all types being very very common on margins of dry rainforest remnants and regrowth ie whole hillsides chockers

associated veg is stuff like white cedar, alphitonia, hoop pines, teak and that vegetation structure though it also occurs in gullies with dominant eucalyptus as well

its a common coloniser of roadsides by seed and sucker

Edited by Rev

In victoria, I've found DMT only once in one of those bipinnate wattles, of which there seem to be many different species and strains which seemed to elude the traditional classification formulas, after a while of researching the trees arond Victoria I gave up, (also, I don't live there, so its hard!)

Although, I believe it was a Acacia Mearnsii (commonly known as Black Wattle) in the Strathbogie Ranges...

Because the DMT content seemed very seasonal...and you could have DMT in one tree and round the hill a different tree would have nothing, which seems to be a common theme in many wattles, it also seemed very seasonal, although Autumn was when I found the species... winter may be a better time (it usually is!)

The DMT (at least I assume it was!) came out entirely clear (so it seemed to be very, very pure!) and at a content of 0.5%... and was a very friendly plant spirit!

Maidenii is not active in any useful way anywhere when I have found them... but I know people who say they know of extra good strains in the right season!

Julian.

Interesting Folias. I have always anticipated some interesting alkaloids in the bipinnate wattles, although most say otherwise. I just thought there physiological similarities with mimosa's and anadantheras to be more than coincidence.

I have always had a soft spot for Acacia baileyana, my first plant of interest, the smell is just fantastic when in flower!

yerr, i dont think i'm going to bother with the whole thing now..

i'll keep up my readings, but i think it takes a bit of an expert to go out and find an exact species..

and evan then it only 'might' contain dmt.. hah, fuck that, theres no way i'm ready for that shit!

anyways.. thanks everyone for your input