The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
shroomer_nick

Victorian Acacia

In this discussion "DMT in longifolia group" there is a list of some possible other contenders.

and pages like WattleWeb, WorldWideWattle and (heaven forbid) Mulga Country should give you some images and general indentification to the wattles you might be after.

If you intend to harvest, take only what you need and ensure you don't cause major damage to the plant (i.e. in removing bark, cut of a branch that isn't all that useful for the plants growth, instead of removing bark from the trunk causing the eventual death of the tree).

Consider getting some seeds from some people on this forum, free seedrings or from SAB or other retailers and start propagating, a much more rewarding and sustainable way of going about it.

And stay clear of the rare acacias (i.e. phlebophylla, maidenii in south eastern Vic, etc..)

Enjoy the learning experience.

I'd say don't worry about doing this unless you know someone who can show you directly, or you are prepared to spend a long, long time invovled in a process of trial and error, possibly over a few months!

People living in NSW has an advantage as there are obtusifolias right along the coast there if you look hard enough!

Julian.