The Corroboree
spiders

Ps.subaeruginosa alkaloid maxima study

Finally Ive been able to con someone into conducting an alkaloid maxima study on collections of Ps.subaeruginosa - its only taken four years...

Ill post results when they are available.

great work bluemeanie..

i know there has been a lot of speculation, cant wait to see what hides within :D :D :D

The maximum alkaloid content found in a collection of subaeruginosa specimens.

great work bluemeanie..

i know there has been a lot of speculation, cant wait to see what hides within :D :D :D

Yeah, ditto. Will be very interested in the results. Any word on how the analysis is being done?

deleted (stupid question)

Edited by Trich-Aura

I eagerly await the results :)

Would also be nice if with the results you could include where they were grown, what time of year they were picked and dry cap diameter or age when tested :)

Would also be nice if with the results you could include where they were grown, what time of year they were picked and dry cap diameter or age when tested :)

BM, were the samples collected from the same area or many different locations?

Samples are from NSW and Victoria. Canberra region, Nimbin region, Sydney region and melbourne.

Can you elaborate on the Sydney sub findings bm? Not requiring locations just hints on what kind of areas to look as I had suspected it possible but never asked...

Any news on this yet BM?

:shroomer:

i havernt heard from the guy. I might call him later in the week.

Got some initial results on this in an email today.

It was quite interesting - firstly subaeruginosa does not contain much psilocin at all - the ratio was quite low compared to other woodlovers like azurescens and cyanescens which has high psilocin levels.

The maxima we got from specimens in Victoria was 1.6% to 2.1% psilocybin but relatively low 0.3%-0.6% psilocin, with most being around 0.3%. The specimens from NSW had a slightly lower maxima of both and VERY low Psilocin levels - some as low as 0.2%.

The maxima recorded was from a specimen from the Northern Melbourne suburbs which had an outlandish 2.4% psilocybin and 0.6% psilocin.

There are a few problems with the results - the initial results were higher but there was a stuff up. When he is finished I will get the full details of how these were measured and what tests and parameters were used.

Thanks, quite interesting - I look forward to the final results :)

Any chance of getting the W.A.'s and south Oz genotypes Maxima tested aswell, sumtime in the future? Judging by the effects I dreamed were exhibited by my 2 pet 70kg lab rats the other night in a comparrison test between W.A. subs and P.cubensis.

NOTES:P.cubensis being administered several weeks ago and compared against tonights subaeruginosa ingestion.

OBSERVATIONS:W.A.'s were indeed as strong(subjectively), but in a completely diff way, hitting in 20-30 min(capsule form ingested) compared to the 1.5h for P.cubensis. The peak was only 30-45min compared to 1-1.5h for P.cubensis. The next morning the 2 rats were hung over and dopey, rather than feeling invigorated and refreshed as is the normal case when P.cubensis has been ingested. These effect have been noted now on several occassions.

In my poor understanding of the shrooms chemistry(judging by perspective effects) I hypothesise that P.cubensis var mexican has high Psilocybin levels and low Psilosin levels. The hypothesis being based on the time diff for effects to be noticed. Psilocin is immediately active in the human body, where as Psilocybin has to undergo hydrolisation in the human body to become the active Psilocin, essentially prolonging the time until intoxication is noticed.

And I hypothesis that P.subaeruginosa must be higher in Psilocin as effects were noticed sooner, indicating no hydrolization was first needed on Psilocybin to become Psilocin and backing up my theory of Psilocin content over Psilocybin.

With that part out of the way, I move to the next day hang over effects. Since it had been established that only one species of the two gives this effect, another chemical other than Psilocybin or Psilocin is thought to be responsible for it's effects. I'm taking a stab in the dark and pointing the finger at Baeocystin.

OTHER NOTES: Other differences were noticed between the subjective effects of the two species. Subs produce alot of patterning effect on things like tiles and patterned and textured surfaces, whereas this element is completely lacking from P.cubensis, open eye visual inhancment is more noticable with subs(ie blackli ght rooms, UV react ant plastics and such, glo wing stickers, lava lam ps, etc) seem more pronounced. Whereas P.cubensis only seems to reveal the inner Awe inspired by these sights.

DOn't know if this is useful at all, but I think it sort of shows major differences in chemical composition between W.A. and eastern states subs.

Peace out

Naja

P.S. Anybody ever tried mixes? I think combining the best of both worlds would be sumthin to try for. Psilocybee cocktail please sir.

Edited by naja naja

The next morning the 2 rats were hung over and dopey
I have never felt like this from subs unless alcahol was involved.

feeling invigorated and refreshed

That is how i usually feel. :)

much, much better.

meanies are supposedly cleaner and they contain lots of psilocin.

Too bad we don't live in Hawaii :P

Never felt bad after subs.

My guess is the time to kick in and peak has probably more to do with the small amount of biomass involved rather than alkaloid constituents, but that's just a guess...

Thanks for keeping us updated bm :worship:

Never felt bad after subs.

My guess is the time to kick in and peak has probably more to do with the small amount of biomass involved rather than alkaloid constituents, but that's just a guess...

Thanks for keeping us updated bm :worship:

Same biomass and dosage every time. This has beeen repeated several times. Infact there is a contradiction to this theory. P.cubensis blueing rapidly upon damage and subaeruginosa showing no blueing at all, rather a brown colouring, if I weren't so sure of the species, u could not ID them from the blueing reaction, Indicating no/low psilocin content.

Maybe the subs are 4-hydroxying sumthin else. They were grown on Marri red gum wood chips and not in a pine plantation.

You ate 1g of cubensis to compare to 1g of subs?

I didn't eat anything :P , but the lab rats compared the results of 3.5g of subs against the same amount of cubes on this occasion. 5g has also been compared. DRY WEIGHT

Edited by naja naja

Woah. Your hypothesis about a different chemical makeup in WA subs MUST have some merit, cos 3.5g of subs is enough to dose 3 of my lab rats..

Woah. Your hypothesis about a different chemical makeup in WA subs MUST have some merit, cos 3.5g of subs is enough to dose 3 of my lab rats..

True enough... And in lab trials, washing the subs and leaving on a paper towel has resulted in a very vivid blue stain, indicative of high psilocin.