The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Increasing use of amphetamines alarming: Govt

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200605/s1628507.htm

The Federal Government says the growing number of Australians using amphetamines is of great concern.

The Illicit Drug Data report for 2004/2005 has been compiled by the Australian Crime Commission and covers seizures, arrests, prices and trends.

It reveals one in 10 Australians has tried methylamphetamines, and clandestine laboratories are also on the rise.

The majority of the drugs are produced domestically.

Federal Justice Minister Chris Ellison says the number of young people using crystal methylamphetamine, commonly known as 'ice', is alarming.

"Amphetamine type stimulants pose the greatest challenge for us in Australia today in the fight against illicit drugs," Senator Ellison said.

Sen Ellison says the increasing number of clandestine laboratories is of great concern.

"Since 1996, the number of clandestine amphetamine laboratories which have been detected has increased by 556 per cent," he said.

To read the report, click here.

this is a real worry :(

Surprise surprise "7:30 report" is running either a repeat or more ice articles. it's on right now in fact.

Can't really say it's a surprise it's in high demand everywhere i hang around, although it never seems to be around.

God damn, thats getting pretty bad :(

At 10% of the population I gotta ask, do y'all have horribly inaccurate anti-drug propaganda programs? when they tried programs like DARE over here their lies about drugs, mainly marijuana, were so transparent people assumed all of what they said was bullshit so use of nasty drugs rose.

When I was just a pup my dad taught me that if I ever wanted to get intoxicated marijuana was enough. He never punished me for smoking pot as long as it wasnt before school and he shared his experiences with it and other drugs- no lies, just what they did to him and others. As a result the only illicit drug I did (with the exception of hallucinogens :P ) was pot and I hardly ever touched alcohol. I dont do any illicits or alcohol now, but if I were to ever want to I'd take weed over anything else out there.

:worship:marijuana.gif

LOTS of people treat ice like its a cup of coffee... And lots of people drink a lot of coffee...

I have seen this substance flow rapidly through groups of friends and tear them apart.. The psychological and emotional effects are HUGE....

It seems to me in many circles, ice is easier to get then weed... It also seems that lots of people who owuld spend what little spare money they did have on weed now spend it on ice and are having huge problems maintinag the two habitats consecutively, where once there was one.

Its a really scary substance, so harsh, soulless and 'cold'....

Its a really scary substance, so harsh, soulless and 'cold'....

Yeah, thats how you soon find the world after a few months on the ice.

I will say one good thing about it though, it ended my ten year love affair with amphetamines. I only used ice in the last 3 or 4 years of the ten, but it did more damage in the first year than all the other "pure" i had ever used. If i have any sort of amphetamines these days(which i dont) i pretty much scatter straight away and cannot face the world. Its like it has the opposite effect, it still keeps me awake but very introverted\paranoid so there is no way it is enjoyable, so i leave the shit alone.

i dont mind amphetamine at all, but methamphetamine i love/hate. i love it whilst i smoke it/hate it as soon as i exhale. good thing i've purposly gotten rid of all meth contacts. and amphetamine is just impossible to find :(

how do people find concentration after binging for a while on meth? my concentration is fucked and i've been waiting years for it to come back - but its not... which is not that great when you're a programmer.