The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Leo^

OK this is really weird

Ok, its 3:30am sunday, Ive been awake since about 6am friday and it just hit me i havent brushed my teeth in 3 months. I just forgot somewhere along the way. They always felt clean so it never occured to me till tonight. I just realise this, so I brushed them, gums bled like mad, and my teeth are whiter than Ive ever had them in my life. Ok Im going to go vomit now :puke:

:huh:

Since its only comming up on may does that mean you still have a month before you change your underware? :P

I found back when I used to smoke excessive ammounts of the chron that I'd either forget to brush my teeth at night or remember after I just punched down 6 or 7 bedtime cones and then remembered but was already warm under the doona so fucked it off.

I decided the best idea was to put my toothbrush in the shower so I'd always be reminded.

I think maybe I just need to get some sleep heh :blush: sleep deprivation is way worse than anything

Hi leo,

congratulations you havent had any Problems because of not brushing your teeth for 3 months. You might have received some pretty good Genes :)

Nevertheless it is suboptimal to brush your teeth less than once a day as there are many very drastic infections which can start in the mouth. I brush my teeth at least 10 times a day. no joke! It was necessary as i once smoked and drank myself an ulcus in the mouth. This is a very hardy thing and it would have been way much easier to prevent this infection than to heal it. I don´t want to preach but i never thought that such a small mouth like mine is able to make so many Problems. During this time I never had any pain in my teeth, so it might be a good idea to also brush your teeth before you´ll get Problems with them.

BestRegards Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

I think floride in the water helps to stop decay no end

I lived In Mildura Victoria where there is no flouride in the town supply and in Berri where I stuck strictly to rain water, and I had ongoing tooth aches, every other bloody day, moved to a place with good clean tasting drinking water and flouride in the supply and havn't hade a tooth ache since, no dentist visits either at any place, just use to drug up and bare it

I brush regularly twicw a day, and have a bad history with my teeth, full on metal mouth :(

FLUORIDE

This article could be titled "some things you probably don't want to know".

Picture this: your have just discovered that your 4 year old child has placed a substance in his mouth (it tastes good mom), and you read the label on the container. It says: "Do not swallow--use only a pea size amount for children under six. Warnings: Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for (--normal function), seek professional help or contact a poison control center immediately". Do you panic? Call your doctor?

No! You probably pat him on the head and praise him for being a good boy! Why?

He just brushed his teeth. The substance is Crest toothpaste!

What about swallowing a little bit each day for the rest of your life? What about drinking it in your water? Is it safe? It must be if it has the unwavering support of the government, the American Dental Association and the American Medical Association. After all these prestigious officials wouldn't lie to the public, would they? Can you imagine the potential law suites if fluoride was recognized as a health hazard?

Independent research studies have shown that fluoride has been directly linked to: kidney and bladder disorders; bone malformation; arthritis; skin disease; calcified deposits in the aorta; interference with thyroid function, causing hypothyroidism; and weakening of the immune system; damage to connective-tissue collagen, to ligaments, tendons, bones, arteries and DNA.

In 1990 a 10 year study was completed by the federal government National Toxicology Program (a part of the Department of Health and Human Services) to rule out any possibility that fluoride causes cancer. Much to their surprise, bone tumors found in laboratory animals were found to be the direct result of fluoride ingestion. Even before the study was complete, the NTP contacted the Environmental Protection Agency to inform them that fluoride was carcinogenic.

There is a fascinating book titled "Fluoride, the Aging Factor" written by John Yiamouyiannis, Ph.D. that provides a wealth of information about the background and dangers of fluoride. He is a world authority on the effects of fluoridation, and the American Dental Association reportedly has advised it's pro-fluoridation speakers that "Running up against Yiamouyiannis is not recommended".

He points out that fluoride at 1 part per million or less (the amount added to drinking water) inhibits the operation of over 100 different enzymes in the cells of people living in fluoridated areas. This isn't even a controversial point: The National Academy of Sciences, the World Health Organization, and others have published lists of enzymes that are seriously inhibited at 1 part per million fluoride or even less. At levels of more than 1 part per million, fluoride accumulates in body tissues.

Since a large part of aging is the slowing of our bodies' intracellular enzymes, constant exposure to fluoridated water will literally cause premature aging!

Is Dr. Yiamouyiannis a lone voice crying in the wilderness? Not by a long shot. He and Dr. Dean Burke (Chief Chemist at the National Cancer Institute) did studies demonstrating that fluoride added to the nation's water supplies was responsible for 10,000 additional deaths from cancer per year. Other scientists attempted to refute these studies but Drs. Burke and Yiamouyiannis were able to prove them in court more than once.

Dr William Marcus was Chief Toxicologist for the Office of Drinking Water of the Environmental Protection Agency. His opinion that fluoride in drinking water was hazardous did not coincide with the official position of the EPA. He was fired from his job. He sued for reinstatement and won!

Dr. Phyllis Mullenix of Harvard University's Forsyth Research Institute (a dental research institute) published a study pointing out that fluoride was more effective than lead in reducing IQ levels in children!

A citizens' petition to prevent fluoridation of all of California's waters was co-sponsored by scientists of the EPA. In a letter of support from J. William Hirzy, Ph.D., we find the blunt statement that that the EPA scientists unanimously agree that fluoridation has "virtually no evidence of significant benefits", including tooth decay, but there is "substantial evidence of adverse health effects" !! -

If you really want to find out how the fluoride fiasco got started and the power politics behind it, I would suggest you read the book "Fluoride: the Aging Factor", available from Safe Water Foundation, 6439 Taggart Road, Delaware, Ohio, 43015, The cost is $15.00 including postage.

Previously we outlined the effects of chlorine and other substances in our water systems. Combined with this article on fluoride you should be justifiably concerned with providing a pure source of drinking water for your animals.

Again a reminder that for 'show dogs' that exhibit skin irritations after bathing, you may want to check the source of the water used (particularly at show sites) rather than blaming it on a shampoo or something else. Dermal absorption can be just as bad as drinking the water.

Also remember that an often overlooked source is the water used in filling up the tanks in a motor home. If you are doing this from a tap, please remember not to use it as drinking or bathing water.

It's a sad state of affairs when we have to worry about the very basics of sustenance, food and water, that we commonly give to our animal companions. However, it does teach us that if we truly want good health it has now become necessary to learn how to "think for ourselves" about the fundamentals of our modern lifestyle.

If you live in an area with fluoridated water, drink distilled water. You can have it delivered or buy it at Supermarkets. You can also buy distilling or reverse osmosis systems for home use which is the only way for taking fluoride out of the water. Also, eliminate any Teflon of Tefal coated cookingware, for scratches in the surface will release PTFT, another toxic fluoride compound. Avoid fruit juices coming from fluoridated areas. All non-organic grape products are especially high in fluoride content due to the number of fertilizer and pesticide applications. Wine can contain up to 3 ppm fluoride. Avoid using any toothpaste or mouthrinse containing fluoride. There are many alternatives on the market. A recent store survey in Vancouver showed over 20 different brands.

If you live in a fluoridated area, take action to stop the addition of fluoride into the water supply. Individuals ARE successful in educating legislators about the issue and have helped pass laws to stop the addition of fluoride into the water supply. (Notably Darlene Sherrell, who not only discovered that the original Roholm/Hodge safety figures had been mis-calculated and then persisted with the help of Dr. Bob Carton and Senator Bob Graham in her efforts to get the National Research Council (NAS/NRC) to adopt the new figures - which had even been corrected by Hodge himself in 1979 - but also managed to change the law in Michigan, giving people the right to vote on fluoridation. Michigan was the first state in the US to repeal their mandatory fluoridation law

Four major studies involving 480,000 children (US, 39,000; Japan, 22,000; India, 400,000; Tucson, 29,000) comparing fluoridated and non-fluoridated areas showed no significant difference in decay rates. Proven is that a higher intake of fluoride will actually cause MORE cavities, especially for children with low dietary calcium intake.

yeah I've seen all that before, but I have seen all the evidence against those claims too

I was at one point anti flouride for all those reasons till I really researched it, but it works for me, it really does

option 1 use flouride water and have no tooth aches

option 2 don't use and suffer tooth aches every week as I was, and use other drugs to control the pain on a daily bassis

option 3, get my useless fucken teeth pulled out :) (which I will do when I have a spare 36k to get them replaced with implants)

Option 3

Recent studies have found that although it stains your teeth it also helps protect them [ I cant remember exactly how but I believe by attaching to the enamel and strnegthening the coating.] . The product being Fresh coffee!!

Tea contains fluoride as it is a bioaccumulator (look below at Tea and then look at water in fluoridated areas)

Tea has organic forms of flourine plus antibacterial tannins, stimulating caffeine and theophylline , antioxidants and that refreshing tatse that toothpaste cant beat!

seaweed and plants grown in seaweed ammended soils aslo have mor flourine esp sea vegetables like beets/silverbeets, the cabbage family (Kale cabbage etc). I would not be suprised if asparagus, parsely, celery and those other seaside veggies all contain significantly more of these rare r minerals es when fortified with seaweed

http://www.rvi.net/~fluoride/000109.htm

Tea (L=Leaf, P=Prepared)

180.16mg/kg Coarse Tea(L) #19

72.62-89.02mg/kg Green Tea(L) #19

71.11mg/kg Refined Green Tea(L) #19

30-340 mg/kg Black Tea(16 samples) #20

4.57mg/l Tea (P) #17

1.01-5.20mg/l De-caffeinated Teas(P) #21

2.58-3.69mg/l Milk Tea(fr.Brick Tea) #23

77mg/kg Pu'er Brick Tea (L) #24

441mg/kg Bianxiao Brick Tea(L) #24

6.0-6.9mg/kg Herbal Teas (L) #20

7.8mg 1 Cup Black Tea #16

Water

0.7-1.2mg/l Tap Water in fl.areas

0.21mg/l Gerolsteiner Wasser #9

8.5mg/l Vichy Water #10

0.05mg/l Reverse Osmosis Water #9

Fruit & Vegetables

0.3 - 13mg/kg Potatoes #12

22mg/kg Potato Waste #30

0.2 - 70.0 mg/kg Spinach #12

14.0mg/kg Rice #12

14.0mg/kg Peas #12

8.2mg/kg Yams #4

2.10mg/kg Corn #4

17.7mg/kg Beets #4

0.205mg 1 Cup Cooked Kale #16

0.180mg 1 Cup Cooked Spinach #16

1mg 1 Medium Apple #33

drink rainwater, eat plenty of calcium rich foods, dont eat cane sugar, brush your teeth well and drink lots of preferably unsweetened china tea

like the old dudes in outback china

well maybe not the brushing bits

but for no fluoridated water and zero denatl care its amazing people do manage to keep their teeth no? even if they are not as good as ours

i could never go back to drinking town water. it feels wrong

chlorine and fluoride plus wahetevr else is in it

ill take alage and pigeon shit any day

fluoridation is a lazy and risky way of masking bad dental habits and a diet too rich is soluble sugars

Edited by Rev

I brush my teeth twice in a row with F-toothpaste each morning, total time ~5mins, which during exam period along to every other facet of personal hygiene drops to about twice a week. Had my last check up about 6 months ago and the first thing the dentist says is 'wow, you do a good job of brushing your teeth' :rolleyes: Still no fillings though everyone in my family has at least 3.

It will catch up with me someday, it is illogical but the twice in a row brushing seems to compensate for all the days I miss out... however Evil Genius' 10 times per day is about 5 times more than the average OCD patient :lol:

It might have something to do with all the milk I drink though, as rev was saying

I think that is half the reason I am still living at home... my milk-lust would drive me broke

That article reminds me of the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide. It is almost always associated with the intake of fluoride and it is the carrier of many disease causing agents as well as many substances used for intoxication, just look at the website

http://www.dhmo.org/

Its like saying cyanide should be banned from all food ingredients because a large enough dose will kill you. Bioaccumulator or not, there is a safe band of use which won't really impact on your quality/length of life.

It´s very interesting. i didn´t expected floride in toothpaste to be problematic As some toothpaste producers even advertise with the fact that fluoride is contained in their paste. I thought it would only do good.

Rev, do you only drink Rain water? Do you filter or boil your water before usage or do you drink it untreated.

Since a few months i´m still looking for an adequate and clean drinking water supply but i thought that rainwater would contain too much heavy metals or industrial pollutions to drink it. I´m not sure what to think about it but i guess it won´t harm more than industrial produced drinking water.

Í don´t know what reverse Reverse Osmosis Water is. My Translation programm says it is "Wasser aus Umkehrosmoseanlagen" in german. Is it the same kind of water as distilled water? It can´t be bought, can it?

Evil, in the text you quoted is stated that someone should drink distilled water. Up to now i though it wouldn´t be healthy to drink distilled water. Was that a false conclusion?

When i changed my lifestyle i didn´t expected it to be that difficult. The more i know about the contained chemicals, the less fun i have going out and drinking something with my friends.

oxydiser, yeah, sometimes i tend to carry things to excess. It´s really a bad habbit. :blush:

Edited by Evil Genius

man i didnt brush my teeth for four days camping the other day and i felt like a rabid dog - maybe im just soft but it was quite foul.

An old lady once taught me that the best way to brush your teeth if you dont like toothpaste is a wash of parsley or just eating an apple. I dont actually know whether this is grounded in any science but i thought this would be a great time to impart this insight...

Flouride is a worry - I cant seem to tolerate it in my drinking water - when i go from my home town to melbourne where there isnt and is flouride - when in melb i alwaysget a crook guts for a few days from the water.

I read some websites and it scared the crap out of me so i try to avoid it - i take large bottles to work and bring home the filtered stuff (my only perk)

Didn't people in the 'old days' use bicarb soda to brush their teeth? I guess it would neutralize the acid and the act of brushing would scrub off the plaque. Then again, I wonder how the general population's dental health was before products and water with fluoride were brought out.

as a kid i went a good 10 years without brushing, except on the odd occasion when the dental person came and gave a talk about dental health at school... i brushed like mad for a couple nights, then said fuck it and gave up until the next talk. to this day i wonder how i didn't fuck up my teeth monumentally. im also digusted... i can only imagine what my breath was like, and those little bits of meat rotting away in my teeth. when i was 16 i decided to quit while i was ahead and got myself a electric toothbrush, a true testament to my laziness.

i went to the dentist for the first time when i was 18, and they were very surprised when i told them i'd spent most of my life not brushing. i'm just waiting for the day when my teeth to get knocked out as punishment

my grandfather used coarse salt as a boy and young man

and had great teeth most his life

lost them all now ;)

Rev, do you only drink Rain water? Do you filter or boil your water before usage or do you drink it untreated.

end quote

i drink rainwater from off my roof

untreated

unboiled

i live in a region with a population of 5000

no heavy industry

minimal pollution and low vehicle traffic

the greatest contaminants here are biological (bird and fruit bat shit) and maybe at a long shot agricultural sprays

tho cattle grazing is a major industry here and most crops (corn. sorghum, millet) are just fodder and not for grain

large scale treefarming (eucalypts) near town may bring more insecticide usage

"You wanna know what's really amazing? I haven't brushed my teeth in 3 MONTHS, and no one has said a thing!"

It´s very interesting. i didn´t expected floride in toothpaste to be problematic As some toothpaste producers even advertise with the fact that fluoride is contained in their paste. I thought it would only do good.

Conventional dental science wisdom is that it does do good. On my last visit my dentist was very empathic about how I should be drinking flouridated water and using flouridated toothpaste. I had a couple of small cavities. When she drilled one of them the inside of the enamel layer crumbled and she realised the cavity was actually quite large, but because of the strenthening of the outside of the enamel it was not detectable. Apparently they're called 'flouride bombs' and are quite common in people who consume a lot of fluoride.

I don't use flouridated toothpaste and I try to avoid drinking tap water but at the moment I have been drinking nearly all tap water.

Í don´t know what reverse Reverse Osmosis Water is. My Translation programm says it is "Wasser aus Umkehrosmoseanlagen" in german. Is it the same kind of water as distilled water? It can´t be bought, can it?

Reverse osmosis is a kind of filtration process based on osmosis - in fact, it's the reverse of osmosis ;)

Osmosis is the movement of water through a membrane. Osmosis always works from high concentration to low concentration with the eventual result of evening the concentrations on both sides of the membrane. So if you have salty water on one side of a membrane, and fresh water on the other side, water will move from the fresh side to the salty side and you will end up with both sides at equal concentrations of salt. That's osmosis. Reverse osmosis uses a physical force to push water from salty to fresh - the opposite of the way it would normally go. If you use a fine membrane you end up with very pure water.

Didn't people in the 'old days' use bicarb soda to brush their teeth? I guess it would neutralize the acid and the act of brushing would scrub off the plaque. Then again, I wonder how the general population's dental health was before products and water with fluoride were brought out.

I strongly advise against the use of bicarb. I gave it a try recently and it cut my gums to shreds. I have pretty weak gums at the best of times so maybe others will be OK but I think it needs to be diluted with something more inert and less coarse if you're gonna stick it on sensitive tissues like the inside of your mouth.

"but at the moment I have been drinking nearly all tap water."

i used to in perth too

but last two times ive been vack the water was unbearable

the chlorine was in fact a minor annoyance compared to the saltiness.

It depends where you are and what time of year. In late summer/autumn, and especially in the northern suburbs, they get a lot of groundwater. In the southern suburbs mostly dam water all year. I wonder which is saltier? I don't really notice the saltiness but the chlorine bothers me. What do you think of the water in Adelaide?

Conventional dental science wisdom is that it does do good. On my last visit my dentist was very empathic about how I should be drinking flouridated water and using flouridated toothpaste. I had a couple of small cavities. When she drilled one of them the inside of the enamel layer crumbled and she realised the cavity was actually quite large, but because of the strenthening of the outside of the enamel it was not detectable. Apparently they're called 'flouride bombs' and are quite common in people who consume a lot of fluoride.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like no body looking whos adding flouride chloride to the

drinking water.

In a small increase, tooth enamel becomes less acidic ressistant to gum bacteria and the enamel forming parts of the body as in [2-6]as in bone formation.

I had alot of experience, as a result misguidded flouridation in Lubbok, Texas.

BRUSHING TEETH

Start out with a new brush and use oregano oil pure 1 drop to a glass of water and you will have zero problems, once you do it, you will know why germs can not live with oregano.

Peroxide is fine, rinse well. Herbal powder was Dr. Christopher's method. Clay is fine. Just plain water is a good choice. There are many methods.

1 drop of pure oregano oil in 1 glass of water, dip your tooth brush in this water and brush your teeth, you have now just sterilized your mouth and aided in the cleansing of your blood, you can not beat this! It also draws much blood to your mouth, which also cleanses the inner tissues!

I have mentioned before that I know Amish that never brush their teeth and they are as white as snow! In Nature, there would be no tooth brushes or more so, no tooth paste! many Natives use natural sticks, etc. to keep the teeth clean.

Edited by evil

tyats a pretty thorough litte lifetsyle you have there

my thoughts on a few things tho

"The 35% grade will kill all germs!"

peroxide is very dangerous at this strength

it burns like strong acid - be veery careful

its is also explosive when concentrated . esp in contact with some metals

http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/safety/sa...leChemicals.htm

"I take a 40-60 minute hot bath each night right before bed. "

well beats a vasectomy ;) fry the little bastards...

"I have read that you can jump in the ocean when you have no water at sea and absorb your daily water this method and not be poisoned by the salt."

this possibly counts as dangerous misinformation

There are numerous people stranded in tropical waters where body temp can be maintained indefinitelywithout risk of hypothermia. if rescued these people are invariably severely dehydrated

if you would like to test go get 2 aquariums

one with fresh water and one with sea water

go buy several goldfish all distinguishabel from each other

take the fish from the fresh tank and weigh the fish

then place into the seawater tank

leave a day ad if still alive weigh them

they will have shrunk (lost water)

as you will if you sit in seawater too long

Creach..

What do you think of the water in Adelaide?

lol. i used to drink that too! then i went back (from WA) and noticed how a shower smelt like a gas chamber with chlorine and the water was yellow. i didnt even attempt to drink it again.