The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dqd

Cheap Saffron

Hey all, have been trying various sources-of-saffron's wares and have come up with the best one so far I feel :D . The 1g of threads come in a small rigid plastic case and look like this...

96_1_b.JPG

$6 will cover the saffron and postage-to me-to-you/packing, one each please. Not interested in making money out of this, just hoping I've found a product good enough for us all :D . I have found very desirable effects at 55 threads, though please don't rule out placebo :blush:

pm me for details, only 8 available! moneyorder preferred

All gone!

If people could post their bioassays then we'll see whether it's a goer or not :D , this being the reason I haven't yet posted the source (don't want to be in lalaland while everyone else is 'like, I've gotta yellow tongue, but the attraction is?' :D ).

Thanks to all, and have a saffron day :D ,

DqD

Aroma is not as strong and an equivalent amount of this stuff does not cause the burning sensation on the tongue. Colour is also far inferior and the product is not pure stigmas. It is a good grade, but far from the best.

HOWEVER, I had a pinch of it while chatting to my dad tonight and I ended up very confused.... confused enough to withdraw from the conversation entirely. I've never had saffron in a demanding situation (ie any social situation) so I can't compare it, but it is certainly active. It could be that this material lacks some of the safranal, but retains most of the crocin and hence has a different effect than the top grade stuff we stock. I'll be doing more experiments with it over the next few days. The lower intensity does have the advantage of making it more palatable. Because of the supply problems of the top grade stuff we'll be stocking some other grades too. I'll probably make them into extracts or something to boost their potency and to prevent further degradation.

well i had 60 threads and it is def active.... I unfortunatly dont have anything to compare it to :(

It was pleasant tho. Relaxing, mildly euphoric.. Will try 100 threads soon and get back to uz.. :)

Just realised that my report might sound negative to some who don't know me. I should have mentioned that 'confusion' is good. All drugs make me confused and I struggle with that if I am in a demanding situation (which is why I like sampling alone and in peace and quiet).

So if a sample makes me confused then that's the first sign that I am beyond placebo. If I have to withdraw from a social situation then that usually means I am too confused to form sentences properly.

And you'll know a sample/drug is good if my responses become monosyllabic :blush:

Yeah what Alice said.

I had somewhere between sixty and seventy threads (.15g) and proceeded to mow my lawn. After a while i noticed that i was smiling and on the verge of laughing, but i have no idea what about, the chore seemed very enjoyable though. This was relativley short lived, so later in the day after i had finished all my garden maintenance i decided to try .25g whilst Nat my partner consumed .15g. The .25g made me very relaxed but the euphoria seemed diminished compared to the initial dose, Nat seemed to think that it was a little uplifting and did help her get through the day on only half a cigarette(she smokes up to twenty a day).

I still have a little left so i will share with someone else and post the results at a later date.

Thanks again DQD.

Well i got another person to sample .15g of the saffron.

"looks like tobacco a bit........ shit, it even smells like it a bit......... doesnt taste that bad, but, yeah, it sort of tastes like tobacco, just it doesnt burn or taste that bitter." Was his initial response.

That was the extent of his experience. No effects were felt that he could attribute to the saffron.

Thanks for the reports guys, hopefully we'll get a clear picture with more views to come. Still waiting on those moneyorders you others and I'll post poste-haste! :D Cheers and have a good one,

Dqd

sorry to keep ya DQD, been a bit busy of late.

my girlfriend and i had approx .25g each. after about 10 mins we both noted a slight 'feeling' but later agreed a placebo effect couldn't be ruled out.

on a seperate occasion i decided to have the remaining .5g. that afternoon i had a terrible migraine and just felt like relaxing, so i lay down and slowly ate some threads. 5mins or so after finishing and laying back with eyes closed i noticed the headache had faded to a slight tingling in the back of my neck and i felt quite relaxed. another 20mins on and my headache was returning and i was unable to just rest comfortably and had to get up.

it would be hard to say exactly what effects the saffron had but i definately would expect that a higher dose would produce more notable effects. hope this helps buddy thanks again