The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
AndyAmine.

7cm lopho with pup on Ebay, starting cheap.

i emailed the seller about the contradicting statements he said:

" Thanks for your question.

Yes they plant available is the one in the photo. I stupidly copied the text for the smaller ones into the description for this one. I will fix thatnow you have brought it to my attention.

I have used this plants to provide some of the seed for this year's crop of seedlings.

All the best."

just in case anyone was interested to know

Sweet, thanks Genki..

Its a choice Peyote whatever the price...

Edited by AndyAmine.

The last time i looked the bid was up to $184. It has finished now, anyone know what it went for?

$197 very nice plant by the way !!! looks quite old. mexicali went right to the end.

anyone else bid to end?

Edited by teonanacatl

I won 2 x 4cm lophs (5 years old) + (some free bonus loph seed) for $31 and $27 + $3.70 postage ($61.70 altogether) which I thought wasn't too bad [considering another SAB member is selling 3cm lophs for $40 inc postage], even though I should've bought them straight away for $8 less at $25 each in the buy it now option. I wish I'd bid more and won on the Astrophytum Ornatum three headed hybrid though, that was friggin awesome!!

lol ok so i won the big loph :) i wasnt gonna bid then i took a good look at it and realised hoe old it looked, i even drew a scale drawing and was quite impressed. i only decided to bid in the last 2 minutes i also figured if i win it then i can sell it to somone in this community for the price i won it for, keep it in the community :)so hopefully its that size.

i also won that damaged loph for $26, incase the next lophs he put up didnt have the buy it now option or he had raised the price.

that was some quick bidding at the end teo! 15 secs to go... I was just saying at the time to my friend 'yep its mine!' Then BAM out bidded! it was a good auction and being my first it was actually quite exciting (i know i need to get out more :P )

Well teo if you do indeed decide to sell it keep me in mind :wink::innocent_n:

lol yeah i lost so many items in the last 15seconds, i think its a bit naughty but i bet at least a dozen people tried in that auction. yeah so i do it because if you dont you never win:(

infact i reckon the best way to do ebay is for noone to bid untill the last minute because that way the price stays lower lol.

These days everyone uses those proxy/auto bidders that bid at the very last second, so its a bit unfair if you ask me. its a battle of who has the best software.

These days everyone uses those proxy/auto bidders that bid at the very last second, so its a bit unfair if you ask me. its a battle of who has the best software.

Would u mind explaining andy? I am new to the world of auctions. How does this auto bidder work? And how does software play a part?

well i received it today, nice plant, really nice the tufts are huge and it looks like its been producing it for ever, they are even present in the folds next to the root, texensis i wonder. it has three pups and is about 8cm all across all pups and the main head is 5-6cm. loads of dried flowers so it looks like i will have loads of seed soon. i emailed the guy asking some questions and i will let everyone know the results. the small ones are nice to big tufts forming already.

Im bidding on a Loph on ebay, so far its at $24.50, but my maximum bid is $30. Its 3cm

I hope i get it:D

I asked the seller if it was L.Williamsi, he replied saying "hey, the plant is lophophora ceaspitosa, not williamsi"

Do ceaspoitosa still contain an equivilent does of mescaline and other alkoloids if you had roughly the same amount as L.Williamsi?

Once i have enough of these i would be intersted in using a few to conduct a scientific experiment;)

I am well aware this may be in anohter 10 years or so but yeah..

If anyone on this forum know's the answer it would be much appreciated

Cheers, gene

I asked the seller if it was L.Williamsi, he replied saying "hey, the plant is lophophora ceaspitosa, not williamsi"

L caespitosa doesn't exist as a recognised species. Sounds like your seller doesn't know what he's talking about.

hmmmmmm that sucks, pain in the ass because ive allready bidded on it:(

What to do what to do?

somone willprolly out bid you.

he prolly ment var or form caespitose. just lots of pups.

as for will it contain mescaline there are conflicting reports, some even say lophs grown in cultivation wont have high alkaloids. youbuy it and tell us in 10 years :)

Shaman, someone may outbid you, there's still 8 days to go!! If you're looking for a L Williamsii why don't you try bidding on THIS ONE which was put up last night, and there's two to bid on aswell :)

Edited by SaBReT00tH

if you want to get it cheap IMHO dont constantly bid on it, wait till last few minutes or seconds.

haha yeh im bidding on thatone aswell:D, thats L.williamsi yeah?

Sorry shaman, I seem to have freaked you out.

What I meant by 'L caespitosa isn't a recongised species', is that this cactus is probably a L. williamsii. 'Caespitosa' means 'many heads' and individuals that pup more easily than others are often described as 'caespitose'. They sometimes get called "L. williamsii v. caespitosa" and sometimes, mistakenly "L. caespitosa".

If you are interested in williamsii there is no reason you wouldn't be interested in this individual.