The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
AndyAmine.

7cm lopho with pup on Ebay, starting cheap.

Thought I would share with you all a choice lopho Williamsii up for auction on Ebay, its only at $10 but still has 6 days to go. looks pretty old...

75_1_b.JPG

No doubt... If only it had a buy now price of $25 like all his others, LOL..

His other Lopho's are well priced at $25, ranging from about 4cm-6cm.

While on the subject, why arent all these Lopho auctions getting pulled, there have been heaps of them over the last 6 months.

Is it only cacti labled as Peyote that are banned?

Mex have you had any pulled?

Im pretty sure its a Euphorbia lactea Cristata also called the Elkhorn or Candelabra plant, I got 2 a while a go. they are looking really good after this seasons growth.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...c=8397&hl=crest

So where is this auction on E-bay? I can't find it.

There's one going for $51.00 ATM and there's no picture. Weird! :wacko:

its there if u can c it...but first you must believe... -_-

For those that have found it.. Im not so sure the picture shown is the picture of the cactus they are actually selling! It doesnt say 'cactus shown is the cactus for sale' sorta thing.

Here is the description written;

Lophophora already offsetting and flowering.

An easy to grow cactus. Average water and fertiliser requirements durig growing season. Little to none during winter.Will offset and is near flowering size.

Will be sent bare rooted. Scale is in centimetres.

:wink:

coupla conflicting statements there!

:rolleyes:

The picture shown has some really old looking tuffs on it so im doubting its the one really for sale.

Found it at last. Silly me thought a search of "Lophophora williamsii" would suffice. :rolleyes:

$40 already and even Gollum who sells them sometimes wants in on the action! :D

is this australian or american ebay? I can't see the loph cactus you're talking about on Australian ebay.

$40 and still five days to go.

The same seller now has five other lophs for sale at $25 each.

ahh it was b :lol: y pure chance that I finally found how to access that item. Nice!!

Still five days and eight hours and its up to sixty dollars now. The other five dont have the buy it now option anymore either :ana:

Still five days and eight hours and its up to sixty dollars now. The other five dont have the buy it now option anymore either :ana:

hehehe, cause I made the first bid on all of them :)

Sounds too good to be true to me.

According to that bodgy ass ruler, 4cm+ lophs willing to be sold for $25...

sounds dodgy to me too. notice how he says already flowering and offsetting and then goes on to say is near flowering and offsetting. Also he doesnt actually say that the cactus u will be bidding for is the one pictured, which looks very old.

hmmm. just realised I said all of this in my post above :rolleyes::P Oh well. u can read it twice now! :D

Edited by tribal dreamings

I think Lopho's on the whole are ridiculously overpriced here, especially for small ones.

Have a look at the international e-bay and see what you can get for $50-60 Australian, you'll wet your pants!

Germany is the place to be.

hehehe, cause I made the first bid on all of them :)

I beg your pardon? You deliberately bid on ALL the lophs taking away the opportunity for others on this forum to get them at the buy it now option? After being informed about it in the first place by another forum member? I'm sorry mate but from where I come from that's a bit off. I'd hate to think I may miss out on the one damaged loph I thought I'd had a chance at, because you're playing some kind of botanical version of monopoly. Do you really need every plant for yourself? Don't get me wrong, the auction is the art of ebay, hell it's the name of the game, but to know that every time I bid, myself and everyone involved is bidding against you when the chances could have been fairer, quite simply sucks like a Hoover, and from what I can tell you'll quite happily drive the prices up then quit when you feel like it, leaving the final chance at ownership only to the cashed-up. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, good day to all :) ,

dQd

oh yes,

"Have a look at the international e-bay and see what you can get for $50-60 Australian, you'll wet your pants!

Germany is the place to be."

take a look at the postage and you'll do more than wet your pants :lol: have a good one all...

e-bay's a bidding site and that's how it works, wasn't trying to drive the prices up. I actually thought the buy it now option would still remain until the auction price went over the other one. Also, I checkout the cacti on ebay all the time, even before I saw this thread. I couldn't even find this cactus by looking it up on ebay because of the mispelled name and I only accidentally found it by viewing seller's other items whilst looking up another cactus on ebay. It's actually the first one with a buy it now option that I've seen, but after more than 6 bids on the other clumped cactus in the same category it was obvious that people had seen the other but didn't want to click the buy it now option. Anyway relax, the bid was also made on the basis that I e-mailed the dude and he said he has a lot more of those lophs he's preparing to sell once these ones go. Also, I was hoping those lophs could be bought UNDER the buy it now price seeing they hadn't had any bids on them yet. :)

Edited by SaBReT00tH

e-bay's a bidding site and that's how it works, wasn't trying to drive the prices up. I actually thought the buy it now option would still remain until the auction price went over the other one. Also, I checkout the cacti on ebay all the time, even before I saw this thread. I couldn't even find this cactus by looking it up on ebay because of the mispelled name and I only accidentally found it by viewing seller's other items whilst looking up another cactus on ebay. It's actually the first one with a buy it now option that I've seen, but after more than 6 bids on the other clumped cactus in the same category it was obvious that people had seen the other but didn't want to click the buy it now option. Anyway relax, the bid was also made on the basis that I e-mailed the dude and he said he has a lot more of those lophs he's preparing to sell once these ones go. Also, I was hoping those lophs could be bought UNDER the buy it now price seeing they hadn't had any bids on them yet. :)

Spoken like a gentleman sir, apologies from this end :) . Still would like the damaged one, it appeals in a perverse kind of way :wink: . I'll bare my chest and bid like a man, (or was that bare my man and bid like a chest??? :huh: ). Thanks for the enlightenment and a good day to all,

DqD

quincey if I win it and it's under 25, I'll give it to you for that buy it now ($25) price. Peace man. :)

Edited by SaBReT00tH

yeah ive been looking at the overseas stuff for ages now, no point trying to import them though. loph prices will definetly go down over the next few years i think.